What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took my 86 year old StepDad to pick up his new ride yesterday.
05 Limited with 79,000 miles, one owner
You must be registered for see images attach

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave him a little drive to the fishing camp, 200km of road plus 50km of wood. Most of it on dust and rock road from the wood cutting company the rest is mud and rock :) he liked it and I did to! Now, time to wash him this weekend XD

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fueled him up after all the offroad and got 11.09L/100 KM which is 21.2 MPG. nice improvement over my 15.3 usual average, and I am not done with him. Still have the trans fluid to get flush. Pretty glad he can do this in the wood. Can't imagine what I will be able to pull from him on my next fishing trip with over 2000km of straight road.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new my new Mud Guards and cut my fingers doing it.

AnyThingCanHappen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few updates
window visors
front windows tinted
front leveling kit (is a tad taller then the back but should drop to be level once it gets miles on it)

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were a pain to install all the way around since I didn't put it on a lift and take the tires off but I did it nonetheless so that my man card ticket. I was going to do it tomorrow night after work on a lift but I was looking at the instructions which I d/led the previous night and figured I could do it on the ground. They look great on the Jeep and having A/T tires really tops it off well.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They were a pain to install all the way around since I didn't put it on a lift and take the tires off but I did it nonetheless so that my man card ticket. I was going to do it tomorrow night after work on a lift but I was looking at the instructions which I d/led the previous night and figured I could do it on the ground. They look great on the Jeep and having A/T tires really tops it off well.

Where did you get them, StepDad wants a set on his now:shrug:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the Econolift on Monday (sitting at 22" all the way around), alignment happened Tuesday morning (that was a fun drive down to the shop), and now I have been having too much fun driving it around to take any pics, sorry...

I can't believe the amount of clearance under the front cross-member...awesome. All my Wrangler buddies cannot believe that it's a Liberty. They are definitely jealous of the added capability and the fact that I can hit all the same trails, but with power leather seats, power windows, 22+mpg, A/C, and a quiet interior...and all for under $11,000.

I guess they can still brag about a convertible, but that's fine with me, I am definitely over it.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced rear u joint on junk yard shaft. Took out my driveshaft after 3rd set of u joints chasing vibs,
Added junk yard shaft.
all vibs gone.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... very interesting!

Did you have either shaft balanced? or solved before that step?

original shaft rear ujoint died when on holiday. Shop BFH the flange yoke and busted the snap ring retainer.

junk yard shaft found and replaced. made it home.

bought new flange yoke put in original shaft with new joints. vibration persisted through several sets of joints. new flange yoke not part of balance on shaft from factory

old shaft torn down with markings on orientation. New u joint. Fixed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Shaking up the neighbors today. :icon_twisted::icon_twisted:
I don't think they have ever heard an air compressor run or air tools in our little Cul-de-sac here :shrug::happy175: .......
I'm trying my best to break them in a little at a time. :ROFLJest:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, do it all at once. They really won't know what hit them. :D

So you're suggesting a weekend with KJs in the yard, tents sit up in the back yard, grilling , lots of BS flowing .......................:shrug::happy175:
May just have to do that. I think they all retreat to their bedrooms by 8:00 PM here