What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to hubby's goddaughter's house where he diagnosed a bad fan motor on the outdoor unit. Coincidentally, he just replaced the bad fan motor on her mother's outdoor unit yesterday....

It was 86° in the house. With ceiling fans at full blast and shades tilted to block out sun but let air through. Phew. He'll get the new fan motor tomorrow and, hopefully, put it in after work.

But we got cheeseburgers and beer out of the deal ;)

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished framing up the steel fenders, next is skinning. It's awesome: I went from 18" FH to 23"...:gr_grin:

First box of the Tommudd 3.5" lift came today (front and rear shocks/front coils), second box should be here from PA next Monday. Kind of surreal. Been thinking and day-dreaming for over a year; and now the time is finally here. Just in time for summer fun and fall archery elk.

Last edited:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed MOABS.
Trimmed/molded wheel well and bumper.
Relocated washer bottle.

Gyro

Is that the stock washer bottle? I removed mine when I put on the new bumper. Was trying to find a way to repurpose the stock one. Wanted to use the spot on the fenderwell, but really wanted to use it for my OBA pump. But found that a 1 gallon pancake style air compressor only puts out about 300 watts, so I can use it with my 800 watt inverter. Now I keep the pancake compressor in the back.

Sorry to get off point. How did you do it?

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to post here, but I have looked all over for any Econolift install threads and I can only find the thread regarding the Wesway lift. He is very thorough, but I swore I found one just a few months ago (KJScott?). Of course, now that I actually need it, I can't find it or any others that are specific to the Econolift.

Maybe I can get Tom to give me a long-distance Vulcan mind meld (not "melt") on the subject?:shrug:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Maybe I can get Tom to give me a long-distance Vulcan mind meld (not "melt") on the subject?:shrug:
I would bet that watching Tom have a mind melt would be pretty interesting. :icon_lol:

(From a safe distance, of course...)

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the stock washer bottle? I removed mine when I put on the new bumper. Was trying to find a way to repurpose the stock one. Wanted to use the spot on the fenderwell, but really wanted to use it for my OBA pump. But found that a 1 gallon pancake style air compressor only puts out about 300 watts, so I can use it with my 800 watt inverter. Now I keep the pancake compressor in the back.

There are several how to's and pics on google.search KJ washer bottle relocation.
but just cut the long fill neck,leave about an inch on the bottle, cut off about 3 inches of the top of the filler neck,shorten this for height to clear hood when closed(don't be the guy that says I cut it twice and it's still to short).This is wider and will slide over the inch or so on the bottle.
Goop lots of epoxy to fill the gaps.let the outside cure then do the inside.
I used a clamp with a block on top to hold it in place till the epoxy cures.
I used 5min appoxy to afix the spout to bottle.inside and out.

Depending which bottle you have(early years have different shape bottles)determines how you mount it.If you have cruise it makes it a little tighter too.There is one wire bracket I moved a little lower on the inner fender.
I made an L bracket for the back mount and screwed it to the fender wall and zip tied the front to the back of the air filter box.
And of course extent the wires and trim hoses.
I also put some fairly stiff foam under and around it for anti vibration.

hope this helps you.

Gyro

Last edited by a moderator:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done....................................................:mexsmoke:

Got it...now I know everything I ever needed to know about KJ lifts. However, I think you went a little too far...now I also know about that little incident in Tanzania...oops.:happy175:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Got it...now I know everything I ever needed to know about KJ lifts. However, I think you went a little too far...now I also know about that little incident in Tanzania...oops.:happy175:

Did he tell you about the goat and the bungee cord too? :whip:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new winch installed. I got 50lb synthetic braided line, 5:3:1 gear ratio, waterproof. Most importantly, it actually works, unlike a Smittybilt.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:whip:
Got my new winch installed. I got 50lb synthetic braided line, 5:3:1 gear ratio, waterproof. Most importantly, it actually works, unlike a Smittybilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a Shimano not a Zebco! Your gonna have problem's:whip:

Latest posts

Members online