What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You never saw the movie? Seriously?...
I don't recall even hearing of it. :Stupid Me:

Hard to believe someone hasn't seen it. One of the top movies of all time:

1 Gone with the Wind
2 From Here to Eternity
3 Johnny Dangerously

Well maybe "Dumb and Dumber" should be in there too. :gr_grin:

Seriously it was a very funny movie.

I saw GWTW on TV about 40 years ago. That's it from your list, though. :hidesbehindsofa:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered what I need for cruise control should be able to fully install that myself without any issues, my spare tire cover should be arriving any day now, wheel bearings for the front arrived last week. Now I just need to wait for winter to end to throw the wheel bearings in. Slowly I'm putting the Libby back to full mechanical shape.

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced hood struts, new belt, oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching the snow pile up on top of the ice it's already coated with.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered what I need for cruise control should be able to fully install that myself without any issues, my spare tire cover should be arriving any day now, wheel bearings for the front arrived last week. Now I just need to wait for winter to end to throw the wheel bearings in. Slowly I'm putting the Libby back to full mechanical shape.

This winter gives a whole new meaning to "next summer on the ice".

Gyro

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wiper blades, oil change, getting ready to get away from the snow and head to Florida.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I left the house this morning to go do some laps at the gym. Left there to come home and got the blinky check engine light. eek2.gif Scan Gauge said cylinder 2 misfire. Got it home, swapped a couple of coils around to learn that the coil had given up the ghost.

I had to replace 2 coils in 2012 after getting the engine a little too wet when cleaning, so I figured that this one would make number 3 of the factory coils to go. Not so. The one that went was one of the newer ones. :mad3: Fortunately, it was still under manufacturer warranty and I got my money back for the replacement. And I'm still running 4 of 6 factory coils at 250K miles.

New coil installed + bath on the test drive = happy Eugene. :D

Now I should go out and put the new shorty wiper blade on the back while the weather is still respectable.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Brushed a half foot of snow off of it and warmed it up. Not sure if it was the snow around it but couldn't hear much of my pesky knock. Just the chatter of the tensioners and a little tap up top. If the weather ever warms I'm gonna pull the top off again and have a look.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This winter gives a whole new meaning to "next summer on the ice".

Gyro

Even for Iowa this has been a rough winter, its been a while since we've had a winter like this in general. Past few years its been usually one storm and done temps hang around the 20's and 30's. This winter its been cold and bitter, usually a storm about once a week it seems. But I think its going to be another nice cool summer which means the Sundays are going to be fun days of working on the Libby.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed roof rails, getting ready to fab up some 1.5"x.120 tube rails.

Finished bending and tack welded the step portion of rock sliders with 1.5"x.120 tube.

Tomorrow: Finish welds and take some pics for the album...maybe finish up my buddies TJ roof rack if he is feeling better.

dogran999

Reaction score
Fitted a Kill switch to the EMS / ABS for sand use. This kills all brake assist ABS and everything else that was stopping me get out of big bowls in the sand.

Got my steering rack fixed (again) as the passenger mount snapped for the second time in 6 weeks

Last edited:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished rockrails

Washed and dried

Rockrails painted (Rustoleum Truck Bed-Liner)

Have to take advantage when the Man gives you a 50 degree day.:emotions36:

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my ****** pan (hole in the factory one), changed ****** filter and fresh fluid.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished rockrails

Washed and dried

Rockrails painted (Rustoleum Truck Bed-Liner)

Have to take advantage when the Man gives you a 50 degree day.:emotions36:

That does it. How long does it take to drive to Oregon from NE Ohio? :jawdrop:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the story of how you got said hole.

Well its actually pretty exciting.....a long time ago I was offroading in Florida, got a scratch on the pan (no skids)

I was giving the jeep a good look over last friday and I noticed it had a paint rust bubble and I got stupid and pushed in on it...mmmm then I got minor seeping, so just dropped it and changed it out. It was due for a ****** fluid change anyway.

Seeping: enought to color a paper towel after jeep sat in my driveway overnight when I wiped down the pan.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!