What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got out to do some two-tracking. It's been too long since the KJ was off tarmac. Nothing major as I was alone, but it was nice getting it into 4wd and doing a bit of exploring

mtrionfo

Reaction score
Installed new (reman) alternator. Batt light started coming on intermittently during past week. Battery only one year old and volts stuck at 12.5 even with Jeep at 2K RPM. Swapped in new alt and now just over 14 volts off idle and no charging light.

Looked like original alt so no complaints.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400 mile round trip towing a car from NJ to MD. couldn't find anything to buy (or at least setup a buy) down there so I dead-headed back. oh well.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash, Wax detailed cleaned return air screen O ya and the big mod new air freshener.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a trailer hitch. Since I plan to use it as a recovery point more than for towing, I got a basic hitch and saved a bundle. Turns out I got what I paid for- the bolt holes didn't line up, so I had to extend the holes on one side of the hitch. The cursed thing has fought me every inch of the way going on, but it's finally installed. It's probably never coming off, either.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on Mopar front tow hooks and stripped PS M bolt way before 40 ft lbs required in instructions.

Changed out as much PS (atf) fluid as possible.

Replaced Nutzert on transfer case skid.

Greased UBJ,

checked tire wear, lowest is 16/32 on inside of fronts after 7000 km. rotation later this week.

Last edited:

GyverJr

Reaction score
Last night I installed Silverstar ultra headlights and reverse lights. Put smoked acrylic license plate covers on. And did a led rock light kit. Debating doing a pretty sick brake light setup incorporating my spare cragar...I like lights :D

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of my u-joints replaced with a super-duty greasable joint....and I added some custom vinyl I made.

You must be registered for see images

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like LOST got GoDaddy'd.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a better pic...with the blacked out wheels I did this past weekend too.
You must be registered for see images

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my transfer case skid. Also saw that half the boot on my slip yoke was torn off. Luckily I have the one from the old tc just sitting around.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a new bushing and retaining pin on my Transfer case control cable. No more dead shifter when I try to change into 4WD.

Discovered the boot on my forward drive shaft is ripped (xfer case end). A CV joint rebuild kit is on order. My wife is going to ****** me.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP231. I got the Bushing off Amazon at someone's suggestion on here. I don't know if the mechanical linkage is the same, but here is what I used:

LINK

The smaller of the 2 round bushings in the package fit perfectly. To that, I just added a metal "hairpin" style retaining pin I found at O'reilly to keep the cable eye and bushing from slipping off the linkage pin.

Last edited:

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my OME 927/948 coils + OME N131/N132L shocks, JBA spacer plate set, 4 upper iso's, Teraflex bumpstops, a set of five 16x7 w/ 4"BS Cragar Soft 8's, and a set of five 245/75r16 Treadwright Guard Dog MTs.

Should all be here around Tuesday of next week.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my OME 927/948 coils + OME N131/N132L shocks, JBA spacer plate set, 4 upper iso's, Teraflex bumpstops, a set of five 16x7 w/ 4"BS Cragar Soft 8's, and a set of five 245/75r16 Treadwright Guard Dog MTs.

Should all be here around Tuesday of next week.

Nice! You really should get als a-arms. or did you?

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fedex guy just droped this off for me

You must be registered for see images attach

before you all ask where i got it i found it on ebay from a guy in AZ and no he does not have anymore export parts
i called and asked

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Was talking to Marty ( Rock Lizard ) last week about a change I wanted to make to the rear bumper.
Today I got a box in the mail ( unannounced) from him with just what I wanted .
Nice surprise and great service !!!
Until I install it heres a peek
You must be registered for see images attach

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP231. I got the Bushing off Amazon at someone's suggestion on here. I don't know if the mechanical linkage is the same, but here is what I used:

LINK

The smaller of the 2 round bushings in the package fit perfectly. To that, I just added a metal "hairpin" style retaining pin I found at O'reilly to keep the cable eye and bushing from slipping off the linkage pin.

I saw that in another thread, printed out the part from the dorman website, took that to napa, and asked them for it. They had the exact part number but it was only the long piece, not the bushings. That piece was by itself in the package. Well, i guess ill order one online. thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Members online