What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreatgate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any photo's of your Jeep with those twenties installed?

These were taken today.

You must be registered for see images attach

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally got the transmission fluid change finished. Friday I had a mechanic I deal with do the fluid and filter change, that night saw that it was leaking. Saturday morning he came and fixed the leak and that night it was leaking again. This morning I was in the driveway and Mr. Darcy wouldn't go into drive so he came back again, dropped the pan and redid the whole thing. This time I think we're good, fingers crossed!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally got the transmission fluid change finished. Friday I had a mechanic I deal with do the fluid and filter change, that night saw that it was leaking. Saturday morning he came and fixed the leak and that night it was leaking again. This morning I was in the driveway and Mr. Darcy wouldn't go into drive so he came back again, dropped the pan and redid the whole thing. This time I think we're good, fingers crossed!

Sounds like Murphys law lol

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Murphys law lol

It was ridiculous! Yesterday was really just silly. The boy and I went to leave and the transmission wouldn't go into drive so we called his dad to come pick us up since we were meeting him out anyway, he was running late because he couldn't get the generator started (island wide power outage). He finally gets us and we go to work on the boat which we (and by that I mean THEY) couldn't get started, 2 bad batteries and other stupid problems. We give up and go to leave, get in the perfectly running sidekick and start joking about all the broken down boats and cars where we were working on the boat and bam, sidekick won't start. We ended up limping almost all the way back home but ended up breaking down at the bottom of the hill. We call my boyfriend's little brother to come down with the gator to tow us up, and the gator won't start so he had to grab his mom's 4runner. At that point we decided not to touch anything for the rest of the day and retired to rum and cokes.

thegreatgate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool!

Thanks. She wants a front grill put on because ours has been cracked since we got it.

That and the front shocks....Really we need to go all around but I am leaning towards spending $250ish for the front now and deal with the back later.....I can't see it driving worse with fronts changed, but IDK

thegreatgate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought the hood lift support bars on Amazon...2 brand new for $29 with 2 day shipping.

They work like a charm and install in about 30 seconds. Put them in yesterday.

Amazon.com: StrongArm 4366 Jeep Liberty Hood Lift Support 2002-05, Pack of 1: Automotive

EDIT: And son of a *****...Price dropped to $13 a piece! I paid $29.40 for 2 on March 19th! Oh well, I have to order 1 for my dads Liberty anyways (you only need to replace one if you want a really cheap fix on a slamming hood...strong enough to hold the weak side up...)

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First of two boxes arrived today for the next upgrade
Can't wait

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ooooooh ... I like the "From" address ... you bought me a Gecko? .. in that little box?

Shucks Rev .. your the greatest :D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Finally got some pictures of our new custom made front drive shaft.
And it has Zerk fittings!
Double Cardon end at ****** end. (Sorry, poor photo!)

Front differential end.

And half the price of the stock Chrysler replacement.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooooh ... I like the "From" address ... you bought me a Gecko? .. in that little box?

Shucks Rev .. your the greatest :D

How did you know it was for you...................................................not!!!!:whip:

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the homemade cross rails finished and installed this evening!

Made them out of 1 3/8" galvanized top rail and chainlink T-brackets. Sanded them both and coated them with rubberized undercoating. Was planning to do spray-on bed liner, but got the can of undercoating for free, so I figured it'd do just fine!

Seems pretty strong right now, but I'm gonna put it to the test soon. Got a 12 foot Jon boat and trolling motor that I'm gonna throw up there and take fishing! Can't wait!

Now if only I had the cheddar for a roof basket... :disgust:
Anyone have one they'd like to donate?? Haha!

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some pictures of our new custom made front drive shaft.
And it has Zerk fittings!
Double Cardon end at ****** end. (Sorry, poor photo!)

Front differential end.

And half the price of the stock Chrysler replacement.

Very Nice! Any vibration? How's it working out for you so far?