What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to my Jeep today. It's in the shop. Took it in to have noisy backing plates and pads and rotors in the rear. Picked it up Friday and got about a mile and heard a clunk and coasted off to shoulder and had them come with flat bed to tow it back. Turns out when they replaced backing plates they have to pull axle. Of course you lose fluid when you do that. Apparently they didnt put any fluid back in. Damage was done but they accept full responsibility and they are making it right. I just have to drive a little car for a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two days ago. Put in a new (used) TC 231. Heard a funny nose. Took out the TC, put the old one back in, returned it to the salvage yard. On the way home, heard the same funny noise. Palm face. Turned out to be the TC shift cable rubbing on the front drive line. Next day went back and got the TC back from the salvage yard. Installed it. Golden. Few hours later, see puddle of coolant under jeep. Knew I had a very slow leak in the radiator, but wasn't aware the water pump was also leaking. Yesterday - new fuel pump, new water pump, new radiator, new water temp sensor.

Whew.

mtrionfo

Reaction score
New spark plugs

Swapped out the plugs with another set of Autolite Platinums (AP3923). Last set still look pretty good after 40K miles.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also did oil/filter change and then washed it, of course...

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ordered new water pump today ... gave DC a chance to take my money again, but the prices they want up here are just insane!

Chrysler - NEW OE Pump $182.00 + $13.95 for the freekin' gasket! + tax
AutoPartsway.ca NEW Gates Pump on sale $82.00 + tax, free shipping, gasket included

TheQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked this bad boy up at work today!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put rear stabilizer back on after having it off for 24K miles. WOW! like a brand new vehicle now. I'm not too sure taking it off does anything good for the way it tracks and turns. Even the tires sound different now. Off road however, good to have it off. Putting it back on definitely has a more noticeable difference than taking it off.

thegreatgate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed yesterday in the manual wash...

It's my wifes Jeep and is kinda girly but she recently added:
Husky cargo liner
A "Princess" sticker at the rear middle brake light (top of tail gate)
Those black rain guards above all four doors
Brake light covers
4 door speakers + CD player
JEEP letters because where it said JEEP it was faded

...We've only driven it 3,000 miles since we bought it about 8 months ago...Long story short we got high mileage oil change a few months ago that was supposed to last 7500 miles...I checked the oil a week ago after only driving 2500 miles and it was practically empty! And the coolant was low...

BUT IT DOES DRIVE LIKE NEW!

We replaced the radiator and a couple clamps on the hoses and so far so good. Refilled the oil with Mobile One synthetic.

In the process of finding some shocks....That is next on the "to do" list.

And lastly, we changed her stock rims to 20" on Pirelli Scorpion tires that had about 65 to 70% tread left....We have been using "used" tires and it drove even better going from 16 to 20 inches....

And the gas mileage went from 12-13mpg to 15mpg almost instantly.

Everything about adding the 20s turned out to be untrue (will drive worse, will be worse gas mileage, etc.)....Turned out completely opposite....We got a good deal...Paid $550 for all 4 rims with tires so we are happy.

You must be registered for see images

gareth73

Reaction score
fixed!

Hi guys im totally new here so apollagies if im doing things wrong.
I have a Jeep liberty 2.5 crd 03 reg and im in the UK
For a month or two my jeep hasnt been starting after i drive it a while and park up.at first i sprayed easy start into the air filter and it fired up straight away,now this isnt working at all.
I use injector cleaner in my tank every month or so and it starts cold everytime.
i get no warning lights on dash,ive heard it could be crank sensor but dont want to change it unless ive got a better idea if its that.
Please help :(

Guys just so you know,a member on here inboxed me the answer to my problem.I had driven today parked up in the drive at home and 30 mins later she wouldnt fire up,so i did what i was told might work.Popped the bonnet,unscrewed the pump on the fuel filter case and pumped it till i felt resistence,screwed it back down,and hey presto the jeep fired up first time!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Washed yesterday in the manual wash...

It's my wifes Jeep and is kinda girly but she recently added:
Husky cargo liner
A "Princess" sticker at the rear middle brake light (top of tail gate)
Those black rain guards above all four doors
Brake light covers
4 door speakers + CD player
JEEP letters because where it said JEEP it was faded

...We've only driven it 3,000 miles since we bought it about 8 months ago...Long story short we got high mileage oil change a few months ago that was supposed to last 7500 miles...I checked the oil a week ago after only driving 2500 miles and it was practically empty! And the coolant was low...

BUT IT DOES DRIVE LIKE NEW!

We replaced the radiator and a couple clamps on the hoses and so far so good. Refilled the oil with Mobile One synthetic.

In the process of finding some shocks....That is next on the "to do" list.

And lastly, we changed her stock rims to 20" on Pirelli Scorpion tires that had about 65 to 70% tread left....We have been using "used" tires and it drove even better going from 16 to 20 inches....

And the gas mileage went from 12-13mpg to 15mpg almost instantly.

Everything about adding the 20s turned out to be untrue (will drive worse, will be worse gas mileage, etc.)....Turned out completely opposite....We got a good deal...Paid $550 for all 4 rims with tires so we are happy.

You must be registered for see images

Do you have any photo's of your Jeep with those twenties installed?

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the NGK plugs that were recommended in another thread here with the 'Mopar' plugs bought from the dealer....which also turned out to be NGK but nickel plated and stock. The ones recommended kept tripping the check engine light, multiple cylinder misfire....weird. All systems normal so far.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic - was gonna wash it but it decided to rain today.

But I still got to play with it! :happy160:

Bob

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my alignment dialed in. Replaced tensioner and belt with dayco and gates. Oem tensioner says dayco on it. I thought that was worth mentioning.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it out to help a buddy on his farm. Did a little wheeling on the logging trails.
........Think I have a bad U-joint up front:disgust:

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do anything with mine, however on a co-workers kj, I replaced the powerr steering pump, along with oil change. still waiting to get my lift installed, hopefully by the end of april, when I can get my struts...