What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you had a chevy truck, it would be the second time you replaced them along with front wheel bearings(hubs)
On my 04 , I lifted it before it had 20,000 miles on it, and had a slight vibration every now and again. At 50,000 I had a noise, took it out for a ride came back and crawled under it and the rear joint was hotter than a firecracker.
Changed the ujoint ( it was rusted solid ) and no more vibes, think it was bad when I lifted it

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some new parts. LBJ, clevis bushing, front wheel bearing, upper control arm and spring and shock on the passenger side.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it a bunch. had to visit mom, drive her to the vet hospital, so she could say goodbye to the 7 month old cat she just adopted 6 months ago. sudden onset kidney failure. there was nothing they could do.

need to call firestone and bitch them out about the shit alignment they put on the jeep.

also, no thoughts on how to adjust the rear thrust angle? anyone make adjustable lower control arms to do this?

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed 9 year old used rustys lift springs, new Bilstein shocks upper a arms, LBJ's , wheel bearings and Clevis bushings. Sitting at the alignment shop now.

Last edited:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three of the four LCA bolts are siezed. Shop could not do the alignment so everything is soaking in PB blaster. They are going to try again Tuesday. If that doesn't work I will be ordering some new LCA's.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all four LCA bolts to break free after soaking all day with PB blaster. Now maybe they can get it aligned.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed my spark plugs and checked the resistance of the coils.
should have changed the spark plugs alot sooner.
Except for Cyl 6, they are really easy to replace. I'd like to see if a magnetic socket would make changing easier, as sometimes the rubber ring pops out.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Except for Cyl 6, they are really easy to replace. I'd like to see if a magnetic socket would make changing easier, as sometimes the rubber ring pops out.
I used silicone & glued the rubber insert in place good!
Actually I think it was urethane I used.

inflaymes

Reaction score
Been slowly doing things to my jeep. New brakes, rotors, calipers, hardware and brake hoses. Added new bumper (because old one was broken and had a dent) also added new spot lights and brackets.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:( Took it to the alignment shop and they can't even get close.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 11