What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine off, sitting in garage, turning the steering wheel left and right, when I turn left I can hear and feel a large clunk as resistance gets high. turn right and I can less than half the time feel a much more muted clunk. thoughts?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was going to be one of my inspection points soon. everything else is pretty new.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
bonus points if you can do it with one of the dump trucks that has the sign "not responsible for broken windshields" plastered on the back. Those signs are not legally enforceable and companies use them to scare people out of holding them accountable for not maintaining and operating their equipment correctly (for me, this paints a huge target on them for this type of "social justice")
Having driven a dump truck many a mile for a buddys company on days off I find this hilarious in a way.
One of the best was a guy who was following way to close for a long time, then passed me and flagged me down
I pulled over and he is screaming that huge rocks were falling out of my truck and they busted his windshield
Told he was a dumba** and got back in and went to the shop, him following me
We get there, his horn blowing, he is yelling , everyone starts looking
He pulls right up behind me as well
I raise the bed and not one thing comes out, wasn't hauling anything, just had a new protective liner installed and they clean the bed really well before installing the liner, plus the truck was 2 days old.
My buddy, the owner, comes out to see whats going on and has a huge laugh as well
Dumba**** trying to get something for nothing

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Funny! I skipped the tailgating, honking, yelling part.

First rock came off an oncoming dozer on a trailer. Rock bounced off the road once and seemed to pick up speed. Second rock came off a dump truck tire. He paused fleetingly at his stop sign and pulled out in front of me. I pulled out to pass, his left blinker came on and the rock flew so I turned left into the gravel yard with him.

Caught a bullseye on my Opel GT's new windshield out in the country with no traffic in sight. Still a mystery...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Caught one about 3 months ago from a JK Wrangler with no flares,
he had just pulled out onto the road heading towards me ,
I seen it coming, I ducked,................my windshield didn't follow my lead

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dashcams.

Without one, you are fighting an uphill battle in MANY cases like this.

With one, this is a slam dunk and there is no debate whatsoever.

Of course the theory is that most companies will just pay to make it disappear because a new windshield is what, $300 at most? The owners at most contractors would rather make it disappear than deal with it because even an hour of their time (plus the lawyers) is worth that much and then some.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought her a new set of Jumper cables. Went w/20ft 4ga so someone could jump me from behind if need be.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
dashcams.

Without one, you are fighting an uphill battle in MANY cases like this.

With one, this is a slam dunk and there is no debate whatsoever.

Of course the theory is that most companies will just pay to make it disappear because a new windshield is what, $300 at most? The owners at most contractors would rather make it disappear than deal with it because even an hour of their time (plus the lawyers) is worth that much and then some.

Must be different where you live, most owner-ops and companies around here hate to be pushed into something
after all no matter what its money coming out of there pocket
unless you have proof, well I would of fought it when I was an owner -op
this happens all to much people trying to get something for nothing

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a UFO. Never saw it but I was about 10 yards behind some sort of work truck. It hit just below the viewing portion and wiper cleared area near the cowl on the left side. I heard the sickening "TINK". Couldn't find anything when I got home on Monday. It showed when I went through a downpour on the way home Tuesday. Guessing the cool rain on the warm windshield aggravated things. Still hasn't spread into the business part of the windshield and we don't have inspections here in Maryland.

Similar what happened to me with the KJ, also didn't help it was stupidly cold as in -20 outside. Night time heading home on the interstate vehicle ahead of me was maybe 20 yards at most and all I heard was ''CEEEERACK" after a light ''thud'' like a snowball hit the windshield and saw the whole windshield from driver to passenger side at the bottom was cracked all the away across. Second time Safelite said they probably didn't install it well enough, I was driving on the interstate heading to work hit a bump and ''CERRACK'' again on the passenger side half way up, a rather large crack instantly formed.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Caught one about 3 months ago from a JK Wrangler with no flares,
he had just pulled out onto the road heading towards me ,
I seen it coming, I ducked,................my windshield didn't follow my lead
I ducked too, didn't help.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never buying another Jeep product again!!!!!
Had to replace the rear u-joint after only 138,000 miles and 16 years
Terrible , just terrible wonder if they will warranty it for me ? LOL
Just happy I keep them in stock , long walk to town

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never buying another Jeep product again!!!!!
Had to replace the rear u-joint after only 138,000 miles and 16 years
Terrible , just terrible wonder if they will warranty it for me ? LOL
Just happy I keep them in stock , long walk to town
If you had a chevy truck, it would be the second time you replaced them along with front wheel bearings(hubs)

Latest posts

Members online