What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. sota

sota Full Access Member

ok. got it in. learned that the diff bolts and the t-case bolts are different sizes, and used the longer diff bolts to start the t-case side, then used them to draw the joint into place, along with some "persuasion".

2. sota

sota Full Access Member

totally unrelated:
    @gyro I just bought a car that was originally sold in NS back in 2005. :D

3. sota

sota Full Access Member

P0137 O2 voltage low Bank 1 Sensor 2
    that's driver's side, post cat, right?

4. jeeplib05

jeeplib05 Full Access Member

Sprayed the CPS with penetrating fluid a few days back and started to remove it today. Got the bolt out easily and then went to gently shimmy it in a circular motion and of course it snapped off at the head..
    Now what! Only thing I can think of is drilling it out
    Can’t wait for this thing to be gone..

5. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yep, second one, easy to get to

6. ltd02

ltd02 Comfortably numb KJ Supporting Member

If this is the cam position sensor, I think you can just work it out from inside if you take off the rocker cover. Not that that is actually simple, but easier than if this happens to the crank position sensor.

7. jeeplib05

jeeplib05 Full Access Member

Oh it’s the Crankshaft one HAHA

8. ltd02

ltd02 Comfortably numb KJ Supporting Member

That's the tough one. I changed mine in my 02 when I had the bedplate off to replace the crank. I've heard people run a drywall screw into the plastic part and pull it out that way gently.

9. sota

sota Full Access Member

betcha I pissed it off when I was doing the driveshaft, as it's right there.

10. Rowlette

Rowlette Full Access Member

Did the usual plugs, coils, and air filter. Had zero difficulties with any extraction of plugs and coils, I guess keeping my engine clean and detailed really pays off. Ordered all three wipers and hood struts. I need to have the ball joints replaced, I am not sure I have it in me any more to knock them out myself at my age.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

11. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lower ball joints are easy to do, just did a set for a friend the other day.
    Just do the Moog with the grease zerks in them ( K3199s) will work
    and never too old

12. CherokeeLiberty

CherokeeLiberty Full Access Member

I cleaned about 6" of fresh snow of the jeep so I could pull out the neighbor girl's fusion. I got that out, then my girlfriend said I should drive around her and up and down the driveway a few times to pack the snow down. I got sucked off the hardpack and was buried in a 3 foot plow berm. We got the fusion girl on her way, then got to shoveling my car out. We got it.

Half an hour later, the plow truck finally showed up. She ended up pushing snow to far and got her front tires in the soft stuff, plus the plow was catching the snow. So, I went out and gave her a tug and did not get stuck this time.

13. JasonJ

JasonJ Full Access Member

Started the OME lift install on Saturday... fought with rusted wheel nuts/studs on the left rear... slowed me down good.. once I got the damned wheel off without destroying anything (too much), I spent probably 45 minutes trying to get the (also) damned sway bar bolts removed... rear one came out fine, but tough.. front was a nasty bugger... only got it halfway out.

Fought for another 45 mins or more to get the new OME springs in after drilling the lower perch for the pucks... didn't get them in, ran out of time as were were going to a movie with the oldest kid... left it for Sunday.

Came out Sunday, renewed energy and a a handful of ibuprofen later, got the left side of the sway bar off, made a HUGE difference and new spring went right in with a little downward force on the hub.

Installed the Monroe Load Leveler shocks... don't need a bushing kit for these, but you do need a few washers as spacers in the top.

Rear is together.. which is good, because I had to drive to work this morning. I tell yeah what, with the rear up 3.5", it puts a lot of the weight balance forward and this thing steers goofy as all hell (very sensitive) without the front lifted as well.

Taking a vacation day tomorrow to do the front coil overs and get it aligned. Oof...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like some kind of messed up Hot Wheels car...

[​IMG]

14. Samsolo49

Samsolo49 Full Access Member

I did the OME lift on mine last summer. Once done it rides awesome. If you had problems with the rear due to the rust your possibly not going to enjoy the front, but once it's done you will.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

15. sota

sota Full Access Member

driving home yesterday I had a terrible howling start from under the jeep, and could feel it in the shifter. pulled over and couldn't find anything amiss. it finally went away. today I got under the jeep and discovered the driveshaft had slipped out of the t-case side CV joint that I just replaced! snap ring fell off. goddamnit. probably just buying a whole new driveshaft now.

oh and the driver's rear O2 sensor won't come out.

@tommudd
    how stupid is this idea: in addition to buying a new driveshaft, I buy ($9) a new boot and cover kit for this current shaft, press the joint on to the shaft and hit it with the welder to tack it in place. yea I'll never be able to remove it again, but I could use it as a spare then if needed. actually, if it held I'd try and run it first, and keep the new one as the spare/replacement... because I'm like that.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  16. sota

sota Full Access Member

yea, the driveshaft is hosed. looked it over more closely, after I torched the hell out of the O2 bung to get the sensor out (successfully, I might add), and the snap ring groove is now gone.

17. sota

sota Full Access Member

also looks like I need the shortest driveshaft that Driveshaft Parts offers; my flange-to-flange measurement is 29" exactly, as best I can determine.

18. jeeper03

jeeper03 Full Access Member

New skid plate on. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. renegade 04

renegade 04 Full Access Member

Today I found a pine needle stuck in my idle air control motor causing high idle.

20. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Wow that's a first..Maybe your jeep wanted the pine intake air to be refreshing !:icon_lol:
    Wash the box out, fresh filter & hopefully Sponge Bob is there....
    [​IMG]