What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mended the tailpipe from it rusting off at the muffler. The Walker replacement was smaller pipe, and bent terribly, so I didn't use it.

Put the parking brake shoes back on, and hooked up the cables.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Walker replacement was smaller pipe, and bent terribly, so I didn't use it.

I also bought a Walker replacement tailpipe a few years ago and it looked like junk. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I got online and started the return. I set them next to each other and the bends were way off and the metal itself looked extremely cheap

wycowboy

Reaction score
Changed the power steering pump. Figuring out how to get the reservoir off so I could switch it to the new pump was kind of a pain in the **** but pretty straight forward job.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mended the tailpipe from it rusting off at the muffler. The Walker replacement was smaller pipe, and bent terribly, so I didn't use it.

Put the parking brake shoes back on, and hooked up the cables.

They must of changed them, installed a Walker muffler and tailpipe on a customers few years back and it mandrel bent, looked just like OEM. Interesting

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same one I got. The wrinkles in the bends look terrible and very cheap compared to stock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well will not be using a Walker then for sure
Just starting to get a little hiss out of my muffler and been looking for new muffler and tailpipe

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a Dynomax (fancy Walker) cat back system on my Ranger a few years back and that was top notch and really affordable. I think it was all 2.5" stainless. Even had the nice band clamps and still looks great.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Today's inspection: The Neck of my muffler is crumbling w/ rust chunks on ground when I rev it.
Not to worry, I will at least warn other driver's..:gr_grin:
You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the exhaust on my jeep recently. rotted completely off at the muffler inlet. wound up having to do a full cat back job. all the pipes and muffler are walker brand. everything fit fine.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep is going to have to wait for spring & until no more salt on roads.
I am going to have to use a pick & inspection mirror to get a better idea what I'm facing.
I like the quiet moper muffler & tailpipe set up..(Mopar Wholesale listing)

I may also have to go aftermarket, especially if its a full cat back replacement.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Mostly cleaned the intake plenum and runners in my cam-ifold. I'll go at it again with lights and mirrors before I call it good enough. Two bottle brushes are almost not enough. Ground the webbing down in four places to guarantee no interference with the the ARP studs and nuts. Still hunting for my two extra ARP studs to modify while I'm on that page.

It's all progress.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Today's inspection: The Neck of my muffler is crumbling w/ rust chunks on ground when I rev it.
Not to worry, I will at least warn other driver's..:gr_grin:

Yikes....mine doesn't show any rust there yet. Just surface rust!

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to drive it today and it wouldn’t shift out of first gear. No overdrive light when pressing the button either. Fist time in about a year it’s given me any trouble though so can’t complain to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Managed to get it out of the yard. Parked it Friday in the grass with a patch of ice under the right front and right rear tires. Even 4Lo wouldn't do it. Right front and right rear just spun. Finally turned the wheel enough to get a bit of bite with the right front. Need to do something about that...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I stuck an oil pan heater on the Liberty today. We'll see how that affect the cold starts.
I'd be curious too to know the part & how well that heats things up.
Generally speaking in winter when you use a full synthetic engine oil, there is no need to worry about heating up the 5w-30 oil.
A block heater does a good job warming the block/coolant when it's bitter cold out, but expect many hours plugged in or overnight.
Luckily my Jeep came with a block heater (All Canadian Jeeps do) & we have had a very mild winter so far.
It is still nice to have one ready if needed, BTW it consumes 519 watts per hour.
The oil pan heater should consume much less depending on model.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious too to know the part & how well that heats things up.
Generally speaking in winter when you use a full synthetic engine oil, there is no need to worry about heating up the 5w-30 oil.
A block heater does a good job warming the block/coolant when it's bitter cold out, but expect many hours plugged in or overnight.
Luckily my Jeep came with a block heater (All Canadian Jeeps do) & we have had a very mild winter so far.
It is still nice to have one ready if needed, BTW it consumes 519 watts per hour.
The oil pan heater should consume much less depending on model.
This is what I used: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/kats-silicone-heat-pad-24150/11124533-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=11124533-P&adtype=pla_with_promotion&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgaClg4mD4AIVQZppCh3hfgekEAQYASABEgJZjfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't think my jeep has a block heater. I'm sure if it did, the cord would be unpacked and in place by now. It was -20F this weekend, so I wanted to see if this would help in the future. I think this summer I will have a block heater installed and splice it in with the oil heater this summer.