What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought her in to the dealership today...

The guy I spoke with(pre-owned sales director) didn't make me feel good. Said they probably can't fix leaking oil because it's a 15 year old vehicle. Said they would look at the brakes because they did them, and also the e-brake. However, he said the powertrain warranty might not cover the rumble strip noise , because it isn't technically broke.

Sigh

Thats some BS about not fixing the leaking and other issues. I wouldn't accept that.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats some BS about not fixing the leaking and other issues. I wouldn't accept that.

Yeah, I'm not good under pressure by myself. I tend to fold and get flustered and think of the correct answers a few hours later. That's why I tend to avoid the phone and like emails. I know I mentioned and showed the intake report that said there was leaking oil and that it would be fixed.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not good under pressure by myself. I tend to fold and get flustered and think of the correct answers a few hours later. That's why I tend to avoid the phone and like emails. I know I mentioned and showed the intake report that said there was leaking oil and that it would be fixed.

It's not you. It's how the game is. Same with a new car. They do this every day.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older vehicles can leak. Pretty sure I know where the leak(s) are on the wife's 05 Stratus... front crank seal and oil pressure sender. That crank seal will just have to wait until I do deeper things (it's coming due for suspension anyways.) The pressure sender, you have to pull the passenger axle to access the heat shield bolts to remove the sender, so again it'l wait until the aformentioned suspension work. The worst part is it drips right on the crossover pipe, so it STINKS a lot.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled it out of shed.
crew ripped off half the roof and sheathing, and replaced it.
put jeep back in shed.
will see if we get wet tomorrow.

The Lizard King

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, no
Just like that crap tire sealer/ radiator sealer, etc
If it seals small leaks think what else it maybe sealing up

I did a lot of research on this product before using it. Maybe, you should do the same before universally criticizing it. :emotions34:

Just a thought.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of have to agree. I have used slime with no ill effect, but I use it according to the instructions. IIRC, Slime was developed for military vehicles. So why not a gasket revitilizer?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to the Jeep Liberty capitol of the world, Cadiz, Ohio. Why do I say that? Because in a town of approximately 3.000 people it seems like one in three of them drive a Liberty.

I am here for my aunt's funeral. 87 years of tough farm living, but she was a tough lady. I spent time at the farm every summer and she was always very good to me. RIP, Aunt Jean. :(

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this product before using it. Maybe, you should do the same before universally criticizing it. :emotions34:

Just a thought.

Have torn down enough engines over the years that people used some of that same type of stuff in and clogged up everything. Dismounted tires with that sealer in them, cooling systems with all kinds of products and home remedies in them.
By the way, If you take the time you can read good things about Jack the Ripper as well.
Sorry but will continue to do things right, if leaking, replace a gasket or whatever it needs to repair it, not put some bandaid repair in or on it.
Done criticizing , if that indeed is what I was doing:happy175:
thought I was stating what I thought. Guess individual thoughts are no longer allowed , starting to get like fakebook
:mwah1::gr_grin::icon_razz::emotions34:
And most all of these supposedly contain seal sealers etc, and can at times help a short time depending on the leak.
You could use a high mileage oil as well since some of them contain certain seal swelling products as well.
The problem with most all of these are they will go away after a while. So then back to square one again.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to the Jeep Liberty capitol of the world, Cadiz, Ohio. Why do I say that? Because in a town of approximately 3.000 people it seems like one in three of them drive a Liberty.

I am here for my aunt's funeral. 87 years of tough farm living, but she was a tough lady. I spent time at the farm every summer and she was always very good to me. RIP, Aunt Jean. :(

Sorry to hear about Aunt Jean, may she rest in peace

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your aunt.

I got the transmission cooler line rubber section replaced and the good news is it no longer leaks even when i drive like normal.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pint of Atlantic Blue, reducer, clear coat, and hardener this morning so I can spray the hood on my next day off.
You must be registered for see images

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was semi-stranded at a WaWa on the way home from Philly last night. Jeep was running great till I started up after getting gas. I was able to limp it a half mile to a hotel. There was an actual quality mech shop a quarter of a mile away. I read the code: P0303. Cylinder 3 misfire. Idle was really rough and a loud ticking noise could be heard. Issue ended up being a bad lifter which b/c of that a rocker was slightly dinged but still okay. Mechanic is going ahead and replacing both. Parts/labor will come to $393. Now, compare that cost to a hotel room and the cost of towing back home. I was a hair over 100 miles from home. Cost of towing was going to be $530 after discount. I pick up the Jeep on Friday. Life loves to curveball ya.:gr_grin:

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got part of the parts i need to put in the tow package. got the shroud and fan. it amazes me how the fan blade costs more then the clutch.

gfmadden330

Reaction score
Had a tire rotation done(new tires recently, free of charge rotations) asked them to take a look at the front end because I'm getting a weird noise at just about all speeds, they claim everything is in perfect running condition, yet it makes a horrible noise running down the road, not sure if I trust that shop anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk