What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Samsolo49

Samsolo49 Full Access Member

I finished installing my arb bumper and winch, holy hell that was a pain in the ass!!! Looks great though[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Interesting, never thought they were at all hard to install , why do you think they are hard ?

3. Samsolo49

Samsolo49 Full Access Member

I did it alone for starters and had my winch in , damn thing was heavy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Finished up the install on the cousin's '06 Limited AC. Compressor belly seal and shaft seal were leaking, but so was the valve on the liquid line. Fortunately, he bought a new compressor, receiver/dryer and lines.

Blows ice cold instantly now.

Oh, and we talked him into a new belt and tensioner. His belt had easily visible cracks.

5. sota

sota Full Access Member

jeep will be in the shed again tonight.
    finished drying out about 15 bays, then sprayed them down heavily with mold killer. will re-dry them tomorrow.
    found 2 more bays with mold/water. they're drying now and will get sprayed down tomorrow hopefully; they weren't nearly as wet/moldy.
    still need to check another 9 bays but that'll be either tomorrow or tuesday when the amish are here to "fix" the leaks.
    while I was doing all this I saw DAYLIGHT from inside the hip roof line.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  6. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

You 'da artist!

7. Akley88

Akley88 Full Access Member

had to get a new battery, luckily i was at autozone looking at batteries when the battery gave out. we will see how the duralast gold does.

8. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

I have a Duralast Gold in my RV that just finally died. I bought it in 2006...

9. Akley88

Akley88 Full Access Member

it went from hesitating to start to not starting in 2 stops today. the good thing is this thing has more more capacity then the one that was in there, plus ive never heard of the one i took out.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Yes more capacity is good with a fresh battery! :gr_grin:
    Talking about batteries, Midtronics EXP-800 load test done last Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    Nice to see after these years, the Odyssey is still hanging in there!
    Something I just noticed from sticker is 0511-34/78 Made in May of 2011?, I guess It was one year old from the shelf, would now place it at 7 years old.
    Edit: Here is how to read the Odyssey Date codes from serial # sticker under the handle:
    [​IMG]
    Should be good for a few more years, with winter trickle charging... I hope. :icon_smile: :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  11. Damotee

Damotee Full Access Member

Replaced the speed sensor in the rear diff and attached a new connector to it. I no longer have the BRAKE and ABS lights on my dash!

12. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Usually there's a small round sticker somewhere on the battery with a letter-number code that gives the manufacture date of the battery. For example J-2 would be October 2012, 2002, or 1992 and so on. A battery made this month and year would be D-8 which could mean April 2008 or April 1998 as well. The same code might be melt-printed into the side edge of the plastic top of the battery.

13. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Ha since your above post ^ I found out..
    Apparently there is a serial number on the Odyssey, under the handle with a sticker.
    The 6th digit gives the year and then the day# of manufacture after that in next 3 codes.

14. JasonJ

JasonJ Full Access Member

Installed roof rail cross bars this past Friday. Used the DIY chain link fence style... turned out good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It clears the roof without bending, although I can see why you may want to. If I move the front bar back about an inch or two, I can probably get another 1/8" of space.. but as it is, putting nearly my entire weight onto the middle of the bar (190lbs), it only flexes halfway and doesn't touch. Given the rails are only rated for 150#, and I'm never going to put more than 100# up there (including a cargo basket), I'm not too worried.

I also used sections of mouse pad cut to act as rubber inserts where the clamps attach to the rails. Works perfectly. Although when I remove the bars later to paint/bedliner them, I'll adhere the mouse pad pieces to the clamps using some black RTV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Total cost: $18 and change.

I did have to cut the rail sections shorter than the 41" front/39" rear ... because they cannot go that far into the clamps. They are cut 1 and 1/4" shorter.

15. Cardhu

Cardhu Full Access Member

Mine still powers my Mercury Optimax 115, Its great.

16. Aztimer2

Aztimer2 Full Access Member

Drive to work every morning and home everyday. Now it’s time to use the A/C here in Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Myke

Myke Full Access Member

Was cleaning out the Liberty and must have hit the light bar switch. Killed the battery. Was the original battery from when I bought the jeep in Nov 16'. Went to autozone and picked up their platinum agm.

It's been over a month since we last went wheeling so hit the trails for a few hours. Had a blast.

Just need to figure out where to order factory matching paint to spray my hood. Don't think I'll have enough time to do the entire outside in Raptor Liner before the Jeep Luaua so I figure I'll paint the hood and order some extra paint to toss into the to tintable raptor liner for a later date.

Having skids is fantastic. I firmly believe the best mods you can do are ones that give you more confidence in your rig. Not so worried playing in the rocks now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Nice pics! Get some rock rails next! I started doing stuff with the KJ after I got them that I wouldn't have dreamed of otherwise. Without them I'd still be in the KJ since the doors likely wouldn't open. :D

19. Myke

Myke Full Access Member

Thats up next. May have found a set on Craigslist for sale.

20. sota

sota Full Access Member

used it to pull the trailer to the recycler. got $61 for my metal and batteries. scrap ain't paying shit it seems.