What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it 880 miles out to Illinois near St. Louis on Thursday, rented a trailer for my husband's 'new' stuff and dragged it back 880 miles yesterday. I drove the whole way....

Got 18.6 mpg for the trip out, going 80mph even through the mountains of MD, WV and PA. Got 12.6 mpg for the trip back, going 65-70mph. His stuff is HEAVY (old outboard racing stuff).

Drove through a bunch of snow on the way out. Didn't see a single flake on the way back. However, the poor Jeep is now covered in salt so it needs a bath.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the 03 Ltd in the shop. Damn its clean bodywise. I'm gonna hate selling this one off. Turns out its a 45RFE too.

Harvested the 242J... on the shop floor with an XJ 242, and KJ 231.

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Was supposed to be here on the 7th

Coming from Vilnius, Lithuania lol. Said it’s been in warehouse waiting additional information. Wtf does that mean ?...
It means the bribe at customs was not big enough. Either that, or one of the customs agents has a Liberty...

(Don't mind me - I'm just a cynic.) ;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got everything mocked and tacked together...not too shabby I think...now for the actual welding...wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preparing for a move, and towing a trailer. Installed a brake controller, very easy after I found the brake wire. New spark plugs. Oil change. Drained the transmission pan, and put into a gallon of fresh ATF+4

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crack #3 was created on the windshield, and crack #4 just started. who knew acorns were so DEADLY.

broke the tailgate door plastic cover panel when the ballast shifted during a panic stop in reverse to avoid a tree. this past snow storm was NOT fun! at least now I know what the crunching/breaking sound was, and I didn't mangle the left rear corner again.

also, wife's car decided on friday night, to explode the water inlet housing on the engine, so it basically dumped/sprayed 2 gallons of coolant all over the engine bay. saturday morning $80 and 2 hours of labor later it was fixed and running fine.

If it's got t!ts or tires, it's gonna give you trouble!

Samsolo49

Reaction score
I finally got my OME 1.5 lift on over the weekend, next is to find the time to mount my arb bumper and winch
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my OME 1.5 lift on over the weekend, next is to find the time to mount my arb bumper and winch

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Couldn't be bothered to remove the stickers from the tires?:icon_razz:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the neon that's what a burnout is for. :D

Tire shops frown upon that - it’s littering
Another pet peeve some shops have is the ones who don’t scrub the blue protective coating off the white lettering

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone by any chance know of any place that sells bolts/nuts with tabs? (I'm sure there's an actual name for them, but I have no clue what they're really called, and google isn't helping me)

Like the nut in this image (click to see the whole image):

I have to replace my catalytic converters soon, and having a couple of those nuts or bolts would make the job a whole lot easier. Getting a wrench up in there on top of the flange where the pipe connects to the exhaust manifold is a real pain.