What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to VA for my company's annual meeting. Nice drive until I had to get on I-270 at the end. I would go nuts if I had to live here again. I remember now why all I did was drive to work and back during the week, then head for the mountains every weekend.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove to VA for my company's annual meeting. Nice drive until I had to get on I-270 at the end. I would go nuts if I had to live here again. I remember now why all I did was drive to work and back during the week, then head for the mountains every weekend.

Hey, I'm standing right here... :gr_grin:

Yes 270 ***** and it's sucked for the last 15.5 years. :favorites68:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm standing right here... :gr_grin:

Yes 270 ***** and it's sucked for the last 15.5 years. :favorites68:

Did something happen then? Or is that just when you got in on the fun?

It's funny. I grew up in Arlington, VA. We all knew the traffic stunk (and it was not nearly as bad as it is now), but we were used to it. Then In June of 2002 (15.5 years ago...hmmm) I moved down to Charlottesville, VA and it was like a different world. (I went back early in 2015 and it had gone way downhill, in my opinion.)

Up in Ohio I could drive from a western suburb to the heart of downtown Cleveland for school (17.5 miles one-way) and the trip took twenty minutes. It can take you twenty minutes to clear three traffic lights a block apart each here.

The conference I am attending is in the same hotel I am staying at. Not having a morning commute (other than an elevator ride down 11 floors) is a blessing. I have to switch hotels Tuesday morning and was lucky enough to get one near our main office where I will be working the rest of the week. It is about a mile away and if the weather is nice (it is supposed to be) I may just walk, as it would be faster than driving. (If I'm really motivated I can walk about 4mph.)

I love working from home. Can't wait to get back. ;)

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved down here 15.5 years ago for work. I drive about 38 miles one way and usually amounts to about 2.5 to 3 hours a day. It's more about the quality of life for my family and my wife works in PA. Best times were when gas was over $4 a gallon.

Before that I used to drive 99.9 miles one way from my house to the parking lot at work and it took me less time then down here. I could do that in about 80 minutes (wink wink). Did that for 8 years.

Damn, I don't even like to drive anymore...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My commute is about 12 miles I think. Takes a half hour if the weather is good. Longest I had was about 75 miles back in Florida, it'd take about 2 hours but only had to do it maybe twice a week.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny. I grew up in Arlington, VA. We all knew the traffic stunk (and it was not nearly as bad as it is now), but we were used to it. Then In June of 2002 (15.5 years ago...hmmm) I moved down to Charlottesville, VA and it was like a different world. (I went back early in 2015 and it had gone way downhill, in my opinion.)

Hey down in my neck of the woods. :) I live in Staunton but have worked in C'ville for the last 30 years. Current commute is 52 miles and takes 55 minutes over the mountain.

I couldn't imagine living up in Northern VA due to the traffic. C'ville's traffic is bad enough that we complain about it. ;)

Scott

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.0 mile commute. This replaces a 15.4 mi commute. I am SOOOOOO much happier now.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My commute it's .9 miles so I usually ride there bicycle for a roughly 7 minute commute, my wife drives the jeep more than me, I just get to work on it now and again and occasionally take it out to play.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My commute it's .9 miles so I usually ride there bicycle for a roughly 7 minute commute, my wife drives the jeep more than me, I just get to work on it now and again and occasionally take it out to play.

My commute is 2.5 miles and I too bicycle it every day. Saved a ton on gas over the last 25 years.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My commute is 2.5 miles and I too bicycle it every day. Saved a ton on gas over the last 25 years.

Used to have a 14.5 mile commute, I could only motivate myself to ride it 2-3 times a week. My bro in law commutes about that much 5 days a week rain or shine in Portland, he's an animal.

Disco95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I've been able to do is look at her since Saturday. Had a huge tumor removed from under my upper hamstring on Saturday so been in bed since getting out of hospital on Sunday. Should be able to have a short drive this afternoon.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
All I've been able to do is look at her since Saturday. Had a huge tumor removed from under my upper hamstring on Saturday so been in bed since getting out of hospital on Sunday. Should be able to have a short drive this afternoon.

That does not sound fun. Here's to a speedy recovery. :favorites13:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Heal up. :mwah1:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(yesterday)

Drove into my office's main HQ for the first time since I went full-time remote. Funny thing is that I couldn't get into the parking garage due to the clearance. Is it true that if you get these Jeeps wet they grow in size? It's been out in the rain a few times since then. Can't really explain it...

(Maybe Tom, Bob & Mac can weigh in.) ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
(yesterday)

Drove into my office's main HQ for the first time since I went full-time remote. Funny thing is that I couldn't get into the parking garage due to the clearance. Is it true that if you get these Jeeps wet they grow in size? It's been out in the rain a few times since then. Can't really explain it...

(Maybe Tom, Bob & Mac can weigh in.) ;)

We can always " shorten " it some , like 2-3 inches or so !!

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I gave my Libby a little makeover...kinda...I turned it into a Durango R/T! :gr_grin:
You must be registered for see images attach

Same or better gas mileage*, 150 more HP, a lot more towing capacity, and a TON more gadgets and gizmos! ...less clearance...but it won't be going off-road much. :)

*IF I take it easy on the go pedal! :driver:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone backed into it at the mall and cracked one of my clear turn signal housings. Switched to smoked. Still need to bust out the heat gun and fix the dent in the bumper.
You must be registered for see images

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Always loved the look of your kj. Somehow you managed to own the elusive clear signals , break one and then find the smoked ones???
I been looking clear ones for the silver kj and smoked for my black one for a year now