What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious - why do posts mention lifting the jeep affecting gas mileage ?

I'm currently taking a bit hit on mileage and I've done everything maintenance wise

Higher in the jet stream
Larger tires, and many times more aggressive tires
not regearing is the biggest reason
Many say even 245-75-16s does not make that much of a difference
but ran the 265-70-16s ( same height as 245-75-16s ) for two weeks before I went to 4.10s and I could tell a big difference in power and mileage
and I always run 72-75 (at least)
Last trip from Winston Salem NC back to Central Ohio, according to the GPS average speed was 82

The guy with the JK I was talking to the other day with 3.23s/ automatic and 35s got 7 MPG and with 75,000 miles went through two transmissions already

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove mine for the first time since last Friday. Amazing how fast these things warm up. Single digits and fired right up. Even used the assinerator option. :gr_grin:
Yes the KJ's do heat up quickly.
Was kinda damp inside Jeep this week, as it sat for a few days.
Around freezing outside, within 4 minutes you could feel warmth.
Then the suntan happens, vent temps hit 175F on digital probe @ 2000rpm OD off.
Better turn the temp & fan down !! Needless to say the Jeep is dry now inside!:gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They sure do, another reason why a KJ makes a good ski vehicle. It's nice when it's subzero and to fire up the KJ and have heat before the skis are on the rack and the boots are in the back.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my xj takes like 20 mins to warm up. The KJ has heat in less than 5.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, was up in the yard, installed new security lights, gable ends of the home place. Up on the ladder, winds howling, trying to hang on :happy175:
And then they dropped out of my mouth...........:favorites68:

Better than swallowing them!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally the car wash I use,well it's right next door to work, finally installed a auto wash that my KJ can fit in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even advertises for modded vehicles(Jeeps and such),oversized vehicles,and vehicles with ski/bike racks.

Now I only have to freeze my butt off for 5mins washing the underneath then back into the heat for the rest.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12F here. -1F windchill.
front end is making lots of squeaky creakys now.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted a 42" curved light bar up top! next week will move the small spot lights from the front license plate mount to the rear of the basket (if i can find a wiring harness long enough and figure out where to run the wires)

You must be registered for see images attach

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted a 42" curved light bar up top! next week will move the small spot lights from the front license plate mount to the rear of the basket (if i can find a wiring harness long enough and figure out where to run the wires)

You must be registered for see images attach
Always wondered about how sturdy those plate mounts were...do they flop around a bit?

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always wondered about how sturdy those plate mounts were...do they flop around a bit?
i was worried too, but got this bar for such a deal (~$20 altogether) that i had to try. i drove it about 300 miles in the cold and very windy conditions, and no problems whatsoever. still sturdy as when i first installed it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was worried too, but got this bar for such a deal (~$20 altogether) that i had to try. i drove it about 300 miles in the cold and very windy conditions, and no problems whatsoever. still sturdy as when i first installed it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
awesome thanks for the info

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Booked hotel and flight for The Mint 400 in March. Going to help out for my class so I know what I'm doing when I bring the XJ to race.