What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have heated mirrors, but I'm seriously thinking of pulling the door apart today and see if the wiring is there, to add them in.

I've had my mirrors apart to wire up my turn signals I added and the wiring for the heated mirrors are in place inside the door...one of these days I'll pick some heated mirrors up but no hurry since it hardly ever freezes here.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my mirrors apart to wire up my turn signals I added and the wiring for the heated mirrors are in place inside the door...one of these days I'll pick some heated mirrors up but no hurry since it hardly ever freezes here.

good news for me: the wiring is there. 7 of 8 pins are in the plug, and the colors look correct. guess i'm ordering heated mirrors.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to making my cargo shelf. All I need now is to find the right color carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered a pair of heated mirrors.

also started nosing around about the tow mirror "upgrade" that one LOST dude did. maybe in the spring I'll get froggy and order a set of these kind:

You must be registered for see images attach

and try and figure out how to make it work.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when it rains it pours. First the flat tire and now one of the JBA coilovers blew a seal. Guess I can’t complain as far as I know they lived a long life but dang this is not my week. Would it be fine to drive for the weekend with the blown out shock??

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be fine to drive for the weekend with the blown out shock??

I'd say if you really have to then yes but very cautiously. Bad shock could cause some handling issues.

Drove mine for the first time since last Friday. Amazing how fast these things warm up. Single digits and fired right up. Even used the assinerator option. :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well when it rains it pours. First the flat tire and now one of the JBA coilovers blew a seal. Guess I can’t complain as far as I know they lived a long life but dang this is not my week. Would it be fine to drive for the weekend with the blown out shock??

Yeah you'll be fine, just take it easy.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the fuel tank. Ever since I bought the jeep 2 years ago I have had the refueling issue with the nozzle clicking off every 5 litres or so and recently after my last attempt to resolve this the burping issue also where it spits fuel back at you resulting in it taking about 20 mins to fill the tank really slowly. This morning I removed the tank. The fill neck and the charcoal filter blew out all lines with compressed air to make sure they are clear checked that the valve in the tank nozzle works and the 2 little breather holes at the top of fill neck I opened them up slightly. For the first time ever I filled up and the pump didn't click off till it was full and no burping.

2004 3.7 limited

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...and the 2 little breather holes at the top of fill neck I opened them up slightly. For the first time ever I filled up and the pump didn't click off till it was full and no burping...
I've wondered about those two little holes. Wish there was a way to test things with a slightly bigger opening which could be reversed if necessary.

Hmmm...

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
good news for me: the wiring is there. 7 of 8 pins are in the plug, and the colors look correct. guess i'm ordering heated mirrors.

Elevation changes through a thermocline will frost mirrors and roads almost as fast as a VW bus windshield will frost over on a cool D.C. day, inside.

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered about those two little holes. Wish there was a way to test things with a slightly bigger opening which could be reversed if necessary.

Hmmm...
Don't know exactly what was the problem but it works now

2004 3.7 limited

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to my brother’s in CT for Christmas.

Made damn good time and still have ¼ tank ;)

wbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to my brother’s in CT for Christmas.

Made damn good time and still have ¼ tank ;)

Please tell me you didn't go up to CT and back on 3/4 of a tank. Right? :)

I've only had my '02 since October but I seem to be averaging around 17 mpg. I haven't done a real road trip yet to check highway mileage. The best I've done is about a 50/50 mix of highway and stop and go that resulted in 18.4 mpg.

I'm north of you in York Pa. Just went out for my first 4 wheeling in 3 inches of unplowed snow. I bought this vehicle because I've never had a true 4X4 before. It's impressive. I know that 3 inches isn't much, but It's the most I've had since owning the car.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are lucky. I only get 13.4-14 back road driving around Lancaster PA.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I get about 13-14 in town during winter, very little highway driving. That's with all the extra mods and a ski rack.

Highway I get about 17-18 at 70-75, like others say it'll go up again after 75 or 80 but the fuel savings would be negated after a ticket...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you didn't go up to CT and back on 3/4 of a tank. Right? :)

I've only had my '02 since October but I seem to be averaging around 17 mpg. I haven't done a real road trip yet to check highway mileage. The best I've done is about a 50/50 mix of highway and stop and go that resulted in 18.4 mpg.

I'm north of you in York Pa. Just went out for my first 4 wheeling in 3 inches of unplowed snow. I bought this vehicle because I've never had a true 4X4 before. It's impressive. I know that 3 inches isn't much, but It's the most I've had since owning the car.

Nah - we’re here for the weekend.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I get about 13-14 in town during winter, very little highway driving. That's with all the extra mods and a ski rack.

Highway I get about 17-18 at 70-75, like others say it'll go up again after 75 or 80 but the fuel savings would be negated after a ticket...

That pretty much matches my mileage now that I'm lifted and have the roof rack, etc. I remember driving it back from Virginia where I bought it 4.5 years ago and getting 24 mpg for the 375-mile trip. I actually made it on a single tank of gas.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious - why do posts mention lifting the jeep affecting gas mileage ?

I'm currently taking a bit hit on mileage and I've done everything maintenance wise

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious - why do posts mention lifting the jeep affecting gas mileage ?

I'm currently taking a bit hit on mileage and I've done everything maintenance wise

Not sure about the lift thing, maybe aerodynamics (taller toolshed) or the adding of beefier tires? You are low on mpgs. I was getting about 16-17 with 50/50 highway to city driving in my 02 with 245/70/16s. That and the smaller tank made for a low MPtank. The 05 is still over 20 with the same terrain ratio and winter gas. More highway and I'll get close to 24.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
In my case, I'm sure the aerodynamics and tires are the issue regarding the lift.

The 24 mpg I got on that trip back from VA were like the perfect hyper-miler setup. Nothing in the Jeep but a duffel bag, the trip was in May and I did not need the A/C but it was cool enough that the windows were up, no passengers, and out of the 375 miles only about ten were city-type driving. The rest was 70 mph freeway.

I work from home now and do not go out much. When I do I usually have a passenger, and most trips are short and along 35 mph roads or less. The before and after I mentioned before were really at opposite ends of the spectrum. Unfortunately for me, most of my driving nowadays is at the "bad" end mpg-wise.