What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Really Sorry to hear this happened Michael. Nothing worse than that story, trying to get snows on & then boom. :emotions34:
I hope eventually can have KJ back on the road again!

I second that. Sorry to hear of your tough luck. :(

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious offroading yesterday. Several mall parking lots were successfully traversed. :gr_grin:

Amazing how you can park these things anywhere.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really not sure if I am going to keep the jeep or just cut my losses and get another jeep. The biggest issue is finding parts, so far it looks like I am not going to be able to get replacement body parts. The fender flares I need are not even available from mopar anymore and the junk yards have no renegades in my area.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it out to a friends farm this morning for some rabbit hunting. Excellent display of hunting techniques and teamwork.

Terrible displays of markmanship:emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am really not sure if I am going to keep the jeep or just cut my losses and get another jeep. The biggest issue is finding parts, so far it looks like I am not going to be able to get replacement body parts. The fender flares I need are not even available from mopar anymore and the junk yards have no renegades in my area.

Throw any flares on until you find some Rene flares
Don't give up so soon

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly my jeep has been very unreliable in the time I have owned it and this accident even as minor as it is, is really the straw that broke the camels back. I liked my jeep, but I think it needs to go to a junkyard and I need to move on.

Whitlow

Reaction score
Another $80

Hoping to make it past Christmas Day without another repair but no such luck.

Walked outside this AM and noticed a fresh stain in the driveway.

$50 for new water pump and about $30 for a couple of gallons of coolant.

Never could get the bleed plug out to "burp" the system. Crossing my fingers and planning to carry a gallon of coolant mix for topping off as needed.

Mark

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly my jeep has been very unreliable in the time I have owned it and this accident even as minor as it is, is really the straw that broke the camels back. I liked my jeep, but I think it needs to go to a junkyard and I need to move on.

Mine's entire purpose is as a toy. I'd go with just about ANYTHING else for a source of transportation. :emotions34:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but a week or so ago I finally got tired of slamming the lower rear hatch onto the upper rear glass and bought a couple new lift cylinders. AMAZING!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes gotta stand back now, liable to bonk your chin as it fly's up..ha ha..
Did you buy Monroe's?
60876[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 7qBv3Kp.jpg
    7qBv3Kp.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 0

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes gotta stand back now, liable to bonk your chin as it fly's up..ha ha..
Did you buy Monroe's?
60878[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

No. Some off brand chit from O'Reilley.

Attachments

• 7qBv3Kp.jpg
    7qBv3Kp.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 0

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^yeah, I need to replace mine. The rear hatch only pops open about 6-8" when I hit the button. Then I have to open it the rest of the way manually but it stays up. No big deal.

I replaced the 2 that open the hood with monroe since it would only stay up a few seconds until I got my head under there and and then it would come down and wack me. It was a real head-******.....They got replaced asap.

Dave

Whitlow

Reaction score
^^yeah, I need to replace mine. The rear hatch only pops open about 6-8" when I hit the button. Then I have to open it the rest of the way manually but it stays up. No big deal.

I replaced the 2 that open the hood with monroe since it would only stay up a few seconds until I got my head under there and and then it would come down and wack me. It was a real head-******.....They got replaced asap.

Dave

I purchased ECCPP brand on Amazon for both rear glass ($20/pair) and hood ($17/pair).

These suckers are VERY stiff.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does every kj have broken hood lifts ? Was at the junkyard looking to snag a set for free. Alll 8 of the had the hoods propped with a pipe haha
Both my 02 and 03 are toast too.
We keep a 1x1 wood fence post in the back ;)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does every kj have broken hood lifts ? Was at the junkyard looking to snag a set for free. Alll 8 of the had the hoods propped with a pipe haha

Mine doesn't! Never replaced them either. The rear ones though were toast.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night noticed a water like sound on my way home so I checked my coolant level... no coolant. Looked around and noticed that my lower rad hose was leaking. Let it cool down overnight and checked the clamps. As soon as I put a wrench on one it busted off from rust. Took out my shrouded E-fan, found a new clamp and tightened it up. Re-assembled everything, filled up the coolant then went to go get gas and walk the dog.

Out on our walk there was a F-350XL that had lost it's reverse and was stuck in the corner of a parking lot. After talking to her I grabbed the jeep and tied it up with a bit of rope and backed her up enough so she could clear the fence. Took the dog home and drove 44 miles to work.

Now that was a busy morning!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well.. to be fair, most KJ's are 10-15 years old by now.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

My OEM ones lasted 12 years. That is good service life I think. Your 02 and 03 are even older.

Dave