What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Lizard King

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YoU can run your vinnyouself or just call any jeep dealership and provide them with it. They should be able to tell what was done and what wasn't. Mine was the restraint module free hitch and transfer case switch
Thanks. After I posted my question, I went to the jeep.com website and figured how to find out what recall work needed to be done. Mine has an airbag deployment issue fix that still needs to be done on it.

HatterMT

Reaction score
We are finally getting some snow but my Liberty is still in the shop :flame: getting new heads. I had to bring my XJ to play :icon_razz:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Picked up 4 gallons of G05 50/50 for the radiator/tstat job. I know concentrated would've been less $$$ but I figure it'll be easier for the shop and save some labor time there. Plus I'll know it's 50/50.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the mix was all that much more expensive, at least around here.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The mix was $15 each at Advance and the concentrated was $17 each, so $60 vs $34.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it home from grandma's (not my real grandma, but my replacement grandma who is 100) in the light snow. Was pretty ;)

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2 gallons of the mix by mistake from advance using my 30% off and rewards.
They gave me the full strength. I was able to make 4 jugs of coolant in the end. So I guess buying full strength is the better deal cause I have more then I needed. I keep it in the back of the jeep and other in the garage for the 03

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They would't let me use a coupon since it was already $2 off. Napa was a better deal but wasn't worth an extra half hour of time to get there.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dropped my transmission pan to prepare for the filter change. don't know who put it on but it took my long handle 3/8 drive ratchet to break the bolts loose.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove through the slush, the mud, the grime and bounced over pot holes to go to a job interview 165 miles away down in West by golly Virginia
Fun day !

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking over things to see why in getting 12ish MPG and not the typical 15-19 average everyone else is reporting. Hoping it's just the case of winter blend gas.
Since I've owned the 02 it's been completely overhauled in terms of maintenance.

Side note ,checked on my new pcv - yup still making nasty snot. There is no baffle in the 02 and the oil cap is hollow. The 03 has the baffle, oil cap has a bottom to it and the filler neck looks perfect.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting ...

I might have to buy one or find one at a junkyard

I like knowing all differences between the years. I assumed that was one of them but could also have been the results of the previous owner

For example - The VIN number on the 03 is under the passenger side front door step guard vs the rear on the 02
This explains why the 03 has no rear access points to oil spray the rocker panel like the 02 did. When you take them off , the clips go into the rocker and you can spray - no step guard no holes. So I had to step drill and use a grommet plug for the 03

Last edited: