What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. okiestate_gal

okiestate_gal Full Access Member

Few small upgrades today- tried out the PlastiDip on the ugly faded factory emblems and used a 3M headlight restore kit to fix the yellowing headlights. It makes such a difference!! I really just want to go outside and drive it right now to see how much more light they give off. Would love to have a light bar...

[​IMG]

BTW, Jbergun- had my front windows tinted a couple months ago. Just told them to match the back and they did a good job. I love it! Looks much better and is cooler driving in the sun too.

2. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Full Access Member

Put my spacers on and almost instantly my tie rod end gave out. Swapped it for moog

3. dude1116

dude1116 Full Access Member

Went wheeling with Myke last week. He's a great wheeling buddy! Can't wait to go again. [​IMG]

4. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

(Yesterday)

Washed it good and gave it a shot of the sealer. I had picked up some mud down on the family farm when I took my dad a week ago. I must have pressure-washed ten pounds of muddy gravel off the undercarriage.

(Today)

Looked at my offroad light project again for the first time since it got cold last fall. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll actually try putting them on the Jeep.

5. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

I love that picture! :waytogo:

6. Bruceb

Bruceb Full Access Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

300K today! Thanks to all the motivation here, I won't go into all the engine, brakes, and suspension work I've done..also just started to do all the control arms and tie rods etc. PlastiDipped the rims and the stealth look is pretty much done.

ALSO...I have an OEM roof basket that I don't know what I'll do with yet, if interested let me know.

7. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Where they the OE control arms? Damn! Where they clunking?

8. Aceofspades

My new 02
    Did a full chemical guys treatment on it.
    Added the bug shield. Wheel spacers. 245 tires. General Maintenance etc
    What it needs is the door locks to stop screaming and the rear swing gate to open - it suddenly stopped working

I still have that full lift kit I posted for sale that I'm glad I kept - I'm going add it to this.
    I think it looks taller then the 03... and the transmission feels different as well compared the the 03

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

Not green enough for my tastes, but Tom will be along soon to tell you ya done good.

Seriously, though - it looks great! :waytogo:

10. jharrisliberty

jharrisliberty Full Access Member

Had the best time ever in Ouray Colorado running some trails this last weekend. I survived Black Bear Pass! That was one hell of a ride! I also ran Imogene Pass and Engineers Pass as well. Had the passengers side rear fender flare ripped off and the skids came in handy. I also our flexed my friends TJ by crawling up on a rock he couldn't even get on with some run up to it. Turns out I really need new front CV axles as they were whining when we went, but after the trip they are now screaming. It also looks as though I need a new steering rack possibly or I might just need another alignment. Those steps coming down black bear really did a number on my steering wheel. Also might need to get some new brake pads after the ride down the switch backs of black bear as there were too many people hiking up the down side of the trail. But all in all it was an amazing trip and the KJ is still running and driving so it was a great trip. I will get some pictures up in another thread once I get the chance. :gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:

11. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

Looking forward to them, video too, I hope. Sounds like quite a weekend! :waytogo:

12. jharrisliberty

jharrisliberty Full Access Member

Yes there should eventually be video as well, might just be a bit longer as my friend and I have to run through all of the footage first. It was quite the weekend! Being in Ouray Colorado makes you feel as though you are part of something bigger with all of the Jeeps that are in town and on the trails. Only saw one other KJ out on the trails and it looked to be un-lifted. I suggest to anyone that has the opportunity to go out and run these trails.

13. Bruceb

Bruceb Full Access Member

Realized all the balljoints were shot, so got kits that included all the other control arms just to do it. I'm going to get 500k out of this thing!

14. Damotee

Damotee Full Access Member

Completed my 2 week trek through Cape York and made it to the tip of Australia. The Jeep went ok; it let me down a couple of times, but im sure driver error was also a factor. It didn't help that my front air lockers stopped working the day before the trip. Having a winch was invaluable and I wouldn't have been able to do the trek without it.

I completed the full length of the Old Telegraph Track, which is a pretty iconic 4wd track here in Oz. Its about 115km in length and took us 2 days to complete. It was far more difficult than any wheeling ive done before. I nearly lost my Jeep on the telegraph track in a creek crossing called Nolans Brook. It's notorious for claiming vehicles. I got bogged about half way across and the Jeep was rapidly filling with water. Got pulled out quickly and no damage to the engine and the carpet has all dried out. I do have a nice large scratch and dent down the drivers side after hitting an embankment on one of the crossings on the telegraph track. The ABS brakes stopped working 2 days into the trip after going over some severe corrugations on the dirt roads. I went through 2 air filters and a lot of fuel.

When off roading, 4WD Full time was only useful for traction on dirt corrugated roads. Part time worked better when needed, and low range was very useful.

Ill post some pics when I get a chance.

EDIT: Heres an album with some photos.https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/ruq27Z

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  15. mrlavalamp

mrlavalamp Full Access Member

16. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

^^great pics guys.

Dave

17. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lets see, loaded up two floor jacks, 4 jack stands, tools, drills, work bench, hockey pucks, etc etc etc and drove 2 hours to do a lift.

Prof and Two Bobs knows how I show up to a LIFT INSTALL

Great install, JBA coilovers, JBA UCAs , nice clean 04 KJ
    and best part, AIR CONDITIONED garage to work in !! :gr_grin::gr_grin:

18. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Moog I hope

19. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

No mention of the cowhide?

Brings back great memories, Tom! :waytogo:

20. Aceofspades

New lugs came in. My wheels are peeling around the outer edges. My pics are on the previous page - what would guys think of me trying the plasti dip them matte black or graphite or spray paint semi flat or satin etc... Photobucket killed any pics I searched for