What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hm in that case I'd very thoroughly check the oil pan gasket or oil pan itself for leaks.

With a leaking oil pressure sender or front crank seal (I've had both), the oil usually runs along the ledge on top of the oil pan, then drips down near the front differential.

I'll have to look closer, where does it hit the diff? Above the "driveshaft line"?

Except for the fact both will get oil on those spots too...when you drive...it moves backward.

Yeah...the highest and most frontward wetness is the oil pressure sensor, so I guess start there.

FWIW, the engine skid is dry. It's the trans one that gets wet.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my transmission swap along with the Command Trac to Selec Trac conversion. Today its on to get a true dual exhaust put on it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires and checked everything good
and watched it rain and rain and rain some more
Wait is that animals coming two by two down the street:help:

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bypassed the ac compressor, clutch wouldnt engage. Looking at options now.... too humid in ohio to not have ac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil change and tried to track down why its surging/studdering while holding around 60 mph. no luck, ideas welcome

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my jeep caught fire and almost burned to the ground. The issue was that the new shorty headers are to close to the firewall and the fire wall insulation began to burn. So I made a big 8 inch by 8 inch heat shield to reflect the heat back into the engine compartment. The drivers side had no problem all the issues were with the passenger side header.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my jeep caught fire and almost burned to the ground. The issue was that the new shorty headers are to close to the firewall and the fire wall insulation began to burn. So I made a big 8 inch by 8 inch heat shield to reflect the heat back into the engine compartment. The drivers side had no problem all the issues were with the passenger side header.
What brand headers?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the old
You must be registered for see images attach
on the way home from work. Right rear lost about 10 psi from yesterday. Don't see anything in there. Might be replacing the tires sooner than expected. They are due.

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be three years this fall. The geniuses (rhymes with penises) at the dealer have nothing. Still having the problem with the fog light switch too. Every couple of months I get the urge to try fixing it again, then get ticked off all over again and don't bother.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the old
You must be registered for see images attach
on the way home from work. Right rear lost about 10 psi from yesterday. Don't see anything in there. Might be replacing the tires sooner than expected. They are due.
Could be the valve stem.
You could check the stem/core to make sure it is tight, and spray soapy water onto valve stem, to see if it bubbles up or leaking...
Otherwise can check it in a tire water tank..:gr_grin:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what % tint will match the factory tint on the back windows. I am installing a new radio this week and i am considering tinting the fronts. Illinois/Chicago recently changed the law on tints in the front to allow it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My Jeep got broken into a while back. In the repair ticket it lists the back window (the small one in the door) as being +25. It matches the rest perfectly.

This is what was on the invoice:

N 17 * S01 Repl LKQ LT Fixed glass w/run channel, Jeep privacy
+25%

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
25% sounds right.

That's what mine is, got it done back in FL. I think it's illegal up here but I can't find a care to give. :D

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few small upgrades today- tried out the PlastiDip on the ugly faded factory emblems and used a 3M headlight restore kit to fix the yellowing headlights. It makes such a difference!! I really just want to go outside and drive it right now to see how much more light they give off. Would love to have a light bar...

[url=https://postimg.org/image/wob9xevy3/]
You must be registered for see images
[/URL]

BTW, Jbergun- had my front windows tinted a couple months ago. Just told them to match the back and they did a good job. I love it! Looks much better and is cooler driving in the sun too.