What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

OUCH!!!

Hope you heal quickly.

2. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

Oh crap. Just stay on the couch and every hour holler for beer.....I mean pain meds.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dave

3. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

In the couch. And since I have a kegerator, I can holler for beer rvry hour, easy.

;)

4. Kal-El

Kal-El Full Access Member

This sounds like a Jack Daniel's sort of injury...

5. Leeann

I was dead sober and it was 12:45 pm. The steps are scary - everyone hates them. Not to code - not deep treads, extra high risers, big bullnose on the front of the tread which is bad with not deep enough treads.

6. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

I read Kal-El's comment as a prescription for treatment after the injury. (Alcy)

The house I grew up in had stairs in the back yard leading down to the underground basement. Steep, concrete all the way down, narrow, and every spring they would grow a nice layer of a slime and moss combo just to add a little randomness to the whole deal.

7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Full Access Member

I took my new roof rack basket out for a test drive with a couple oxygen tanks strapped in. It's been raining for days, so I didn't think I would get any decent photos, but I did take some of the KJ.

[​IMG]

8. Leeann

Now that treatment I could go for.

My steps are dry; the concrete even has a zillion pebbles embedded in it. They're just too steep, too high and too short. No one likes them.

It's actually not my first accident on them. I was leaning on the railing talking to my husband when the railing failed, sending me backwards onto the doors for the basement steps. Which my husband had closed not even 5 mins before, or I wouldn't be here.

9. jharrisliberty

jharrisliberty Full Access Member

Neither of those. It was actually Littleton U-Pull. It is a separate yard on the southwest side of Denver. They always have the most KJ's. And the prices on the parts are significantly cheaper than either of the two U-Pull yards.

I got my JBA a arms installed as well as the top plates and the rear isolators. Now the rear finally looks like it is lifted.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  10. Jbergun

Jbergun Full Access Member

Picked up a tranny today.

Picked it up at 8am this morning. Looking good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. uglyboy

uglyboy New Member

Hi, Can ANYONE please tell me where to look for & unclog/replace the transfer case breather on a '06 with a NV 231 J transfer case? It must've clogged as it emptied it self out, AND why?

12. Kal-El

Kal-El Full Access Member

Exactly!!! Apologies if it sounded otherwise. Beer is just a little too slow to get the desired effect. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Leann!

13. Leeann

It's all me - slow because of both pain and Percoset.

Doc tomorrow, dangit :(

14. K9JEEP

K9JEEP Full Access Member

Pads, rotors and new fluid in.
    Went with Stop Tech rotors, Posi pads and VW fluid.
    OEM rotors and pads went for 43k before metal to metal, fluid also looks to have never been changed. So in all brakes feel much stronger, pedal is a bit firmer too[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

15. dude1116

dude1116 Full Access Member

Just did my rear calipers, pads, and rotors. Lubed up the pivoting part of the e-brake with some anti seize. The e-brake still doesn't work.

Brake pedal is still a bit soft. I'm going to re-bleed the brakes, then eventually do the fronts. I have a feeling this is going to end with a new master cylinder.

16. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

(Yesterday)

Crossed the 84,500 mark. Why is this significant? When I bought it, the Jeep had 42,250 miles on it. I have now surpassed the total mileage of the (sole) previous owner.

17. GunnerSchenck

GunnerSchenck Full Access Member

You already empty all the old fluid out by letting it drain while new fluid pushes it out I'd imagine?

18. dude1116

dude1116 Full Access Member

Fluid in there is less than a year old. I had a brake hose fail on me last summer.

19. TAT

TAT Full Access Member

Well let's see...... This wasn't today but last week. My son and I installed his daystar 2.5" inch lift. Front and rear. New struts were used and installed the daystar onto those. New shocks in rear with daystar spacers. I did a partial alignment in the driveway since it was horrible after the install! Lol. Got it best I could. Then we went straight in the house and ordered JBA LIFTED UCA's, plus new terra flex bump stops and moog lower ball joints.

Then scored a helluva deal on a new set of cooper stt's. 30 9.5 15. 300 bucks for all 4 off of craigslist.

Yesterday I ordered a set cragar soft 8's in 15x7 4" bs. Decided to go with black rock center caps since wheels are black. Now I need to order some black lug nuts.

After talking with a few people on here, I will ordering JBA struts to change from daystar spacer lift and new coils for the rear we can remove the daystar lift blocks. Might as well get us brake lines too! Lol. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but the order will be put in to JBA ASAP! Gotta love the snowball effect. More to come as the parts arrive. Wheels should be here on the 16th and JBA control arms tomorrow!

20. Myke

Myke Full Access Member

Yesterday I swapped rear axles.