What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonlfischer

Reaction score
Cleaned the dash off in my Libby over the weekend..of course no pics.. but I did get a pic of the outside lol just have to figure how to upload.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also: 05 ABS is 3-sensor, and 06/07 is 4-sensor. are the parts from an 06/07 axle movable to an 05? or is the mounting point for the 2 rear sensors cast into the axle housing. FSM pictures aren't helping.

The 07 doesn't have a tone ring on the carrier like the 05 and older, and rumor has it the axles are also different. Axles not confirmed.

Not sure if you buy a DTT or other aftermarket carrier if the 07 axles can be reused.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ :happy175:

I have to have surgery. 4-5 hr surgery, too. Rods, screws, possibly plates....they might even throw in the kitchen sink.

Oh crap. When? I got my fingers crossed for you. You get ice cream afterwards right?

Dave

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

one of my patients made this for me haha, made my day though

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Put on the new Gates belt and tensioner...could hear the bearings in the old one rattle when I put up to my ear. Made it 164k miles!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sat am and yes, as long as I'm breathing there will be ice cream :gr_grin:

Ok, sending good wishes for awesome results and extra ice cream your way.

Dave

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I made a FJ loser owner feel "inadequate".

Background........

Tuner guy(lowered honda's and the like) buy's FJ,lifts it and put's 26" wheels and low profile tires on it.Brings it into my shop for a alignment and asks for me to do the alignment since I was recommended by another on a FJ forum.Guy is all cocky thinking his FJ is the baddest offroad vehicle with 26" rims and 35 series street tires and wants to be sure I'm a gear head that has experience aligning modded offroad vehicles and co-workers state I have a modded Jeep.He asks what kind of Jeep and they say it's a Liberty,he starts laughing till one of them points out my KJ.

The look on his face was priceless and then had "I want to kill you" look on his face the entire time I was aligning his piece of junk.

:happy175::happy175:

jonlfischer

Reaction score

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0420 and 0430 popped up... and of course it happens a week before I take the KJ on a 4,000 mile trip :favorites68:.

My scanner doesn't display the waves for the o2 sensors, just the values. But the values for the rear sensors are all over the place, so it looks like the cats might actually be toast.

I technically still have warranty on them, but it looks like it's almost impossible to get it without all kinds of documentation from a certified mechanic.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really at all honestly. Takes longer to paint them then it does to remove them.. only clips I accidentally broke were the ones where the front flares overlap the front bumper. There's 2 on each side.
They're on the back bumper too, but once I accidentally broke 2 on the front bumper I realized how they come out.. not bad at all

jonlfischer

Reaction score
Not really at all honestly. Takes longer to paint them then it does to remove them.. only clips I accidentally broke were the ones where the front flares overlap the front bumper. There's 2 on each side.
They're on the back bumper too, but once I accidentally broke 2 on the front bumper I realized how they come out.. not bad at all

Oh ok, I might try to do that then. What type of dip did you use?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my remanufactured transmission in the kj. Still not moving under her own power yet still need to button up some small stuff eg. exhaust starter trans support driveshafts and a few things under the hood.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my remanufactured transmission in the kj. Still not moving under her own power yet still need to button up some small stuff eg. exhaust starter trans support driveshafts and a few things under the hood.
Oh that brings back memories I thought I had repressed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, I might try to do that then. What type of dip did you use?

I just used regular block with glossifier dip over it. I did my door moldings and emblems with it too.
Been a year and the only thing I've had an issue with is the trim pieces on the rear doors have slush and ice build up on them when driving in winter, and I ripped the dip of the bottom half of those trim pieces.. so I have to redo those 2 pieces...
But it's better than doing it with a cheap paint that's just going to chip/flake.
Thought about just taking them all into the shop after work one of these days and painting them black.. only issue is I never feel like staying at work after hours lol :gr_grin: