What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire brushed all the rust and paint off the rear springs from TBJ. They ready for a fresh coat of paint!

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my right lower ball joint again.........and fixed the right front shock noise that's been there since I installed my lift.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my summer tire yesterday, the winter tire are now sleeping for a few month :)
Won a complete interior/exterior cleaning from a car aesthetic/ paint shop last week so jeep is gonna be clean clean soon :D

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started it for the first time in 2 weeks just to make sure it still does (banghead)
But my springs should be here in 4 days. Only took a month and a half.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the steering rack bushings last week. Rotated the tires yesterday.

Discovered a LOT of up/down play on the right front CV where it enters the housing. I looked up the intermediate shaft on rockauto, and they aren't carrying it anymore. :icon_eek:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Changed the steering rack bushings last week. Rotated the tires yesterday.

Discovered a LOT of up/down play on the right front CV where it enters the housing. I looked up the intermediate shaft on rockauto, and they aren't carrying it anymore. :icon_eek:

Got a whole front diff with almost new seals and intermediate shaft for sale :)

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind because the Matrix is real, Neo.

Adrian006

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Mounting plates were quite rusty. So I handed them down, primer, bed lined them. Also used toothpaste and water to clean some rust streaks that had formed.
Might roll around without the rear tire for a change.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted rock rails and d shackles yellow. Checked all fluids went over all suspensions bolts, checked wheel spacer lugs and am ready for tomorrow's 4x4 adventure! Now just gotta wait till Monday to get some nutserts so I can mount my rock rails.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Pulled all skids down (except for fuel tank) in preparation for fluid changes next week... and to repaint the skids again.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 oil changes, led back up lights, right valve cover gasket, changed HOAT with heater core flush. Tomorrow I'm washing just MY DD Kj.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the trailer wiring harness. Now both hitch and harness should be here next week.

brokendad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mother Nature showed us what a spring day in Oklahoma is all about. Storms moved in just after dark and dropped hail that ranged from the size of a marble to golf ball size. It was 3 to 4 inches deep on the ground before it quit. Called the insurance agent and will take it in on Monday. Right now it looks kind of like a golf ball.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear diff cover and filled 'er up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Found the receipt and the rear diff oil was changed at Pep Boys. Doesn't look like they even attempted to clean off the factory red/copper RTV before applying a massive bead of blue RTV. Not sure they even cleaned the old oil off the bottom first....and the bottom 2 bolts were barely finger tight. No wonder it was leaking. The oil was clear, though.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mother Nature showed us what a spring day in Oklahoma is all about. Storms moved in just after dark and dropped hail that ranged from the size of a marble to golf ball size. It was 3 to 4 inches deep on the ground before it quit. Called the insurance agent and will take it in on Monday. Right now it looks kind of like a golf ball.

Sorry to hear that - those Okie storms are something else! A hail storm is what prompted tjkj2002 to paint his Libby orange - turned it into the Gila Monster it is today. Maybe do the same with yours...?

Any holes in the house's roof?

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Oil changed, washed it, washed the engine and did a quick wax...can't do a full detail for another 2 weeks or so.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Met up with my buddy who just bought his and we checked for any issues with it. Has a new fan and radiator in it, still leaks so we are trying to figure out where that is. Driver side cat has exhaust tape on it, slight flutter in the exhaust noise so that's another thing. Everything else seems good. Dropped his skid and got all the mud out. And finally...a little ****...

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Met up with my buddy who just bought his and we checked for any issues with it. Has a new fan and radiator in it, still leaks so we are trying to figure out where that is. Driver side cat has exhaust tape on it, slight flutter in the exhaust noise so that's another thing. Everything else seems good. Dropped his skid and got all the mud out. And finally...a little ****...

They kinda look like mine. :)