What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a great day exploring in the Jeep. Found a new waterfall that I hadn't been to on the Creb track. We enjoyed a couple of shallow water crossings, a rocky trail and a mud Hill. I was really happy with how the Jeep went. I think I need new sway bar links though.

Looks like a great time - perfect type of outing for a Jeep :waytogo:

Gotta say, though. Wouldn't take me long to get nervous about crocs after seeing one sunning himself on a rock at a stream crossing :emotions33:

Bob

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove both and there's a big difference between the two as far as just raw torque and power. The kicker for me is there is virtually no difference between the two V8's when it comes to fuel mileage. And in the used car market the Hemi doesn't cost any more than the 4.7 so I just went with the Hemi.

The other thing... the 4.7 is the big brother of the 3.7 in the KJ. In fact it is the "mother engine" the 3.7 was made from. The 3.7 is the same engine with two cylinders lopped off. I figured I've had my go-arounds with the 3.7 so time to try something new ;)

And there's HUGE aftermarket support for the Hemi...

Bob

When i was truck shopping this was exactly my logic. That and the 8 speed plus 3.92 gears and 33's with no lift.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my passenger front side apart to figure out my braking problem. As I was inspecting the caliper I found a stuck lower slide pin. Hammered, heated, and wrenched. That thing is not moving. Had to put it back together before work but I ran down to napa and ordered a new bracket and pins. I know what I am doing tomorrow morning lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I found a stuck lower slide pin...

I had the same problem, wonder if its common with these. Our local autoparts only sells the bracket with the caliper. I had to order from RockAuto. It fit perfectly but after a week it was already orange with rust. Next time I might just swap the caliper at the same time... grrr...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, wonder if its common with these. Our local autoparts only sells the bracket with the caliper. I had to order from RockAuto. It fit perfectly but after a week it was already orange with rust. Next time I might just swap the caliper at the same time... grrr...
Napa sells separately. And it's an issue with all salty states. Lowers only.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the pcv and sponge cost me $11 cad now wish my yearly reregistration was less instead of the $85
I wish yearly registration here was that cheap $580 this year guarantee it goes up next year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope that's extra

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great time - perfect type of outing for a Jeep :waytogo:

Gotta say, though. Wouldn't take me long to get nervous about crocs after seeing one sunning himself on a rock at a stream crossing :emotions33:

Bob

Ha yea, certainly adds an extra element.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the caliper bracket. New slide pins. All lubed up. 30 bucks and it's all better.

Also I guess I have been going to napa alot. They only charge me wholesale price now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the caliper bracket. New slide pins. All lubed up. 30 bucks and it's all better.

Also I guess I have been going to napa alot. They only charge me wholesale price now.

Thats all I have ever paid since back in the 70s was wholesale, no matter where I lived

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear wiper started going on by itself. Pulled the fuse for it for now. Planning on pulling the interior and bed lining it. Getting a snorkel soon too.

Going to post up more pics from the luau last Saturday later today.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rear wiper started going on by itself. Pulled the fuse for it for now. Planning on pulling the interior and bed lining it. Getting a snorkel soon too.

Going to post up more pics from the luau last Saturday later today.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hot floors here we go !

Latest posts

Members online