What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The road home from work yesterday morning. Yay for Jeeps :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome pic.

Jeeps.....they will get you where you are going and back.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding pictures with links:

When idi0t me decided to drive through a sand pit in 2wd. Open dif problems...

You must be registered for see images attach

And the picture to the link above:

Could I have went around the ruts? Sure! But that would have been no fun. She was pulled out without much drama. Again a locker in the rear might have avoided this.

Don't worry...I didn't get stuck on EVERYTHING:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pifrnudmvq3rbo8/20170226_132136.mp4?dl=0

Again...you can see how the open difs are a problem.

Last edited:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would think that except every bushing front and back is less than a year old, same with JBA UCAs are about 1 year old, lbj's 1 month old, end links 2 weeks old...its only certian sharp bumps but sounds and feels like look shock/strut assembly

Front wheel bearings? Mine are shot and make a clunking noise going over small bumps. I hope to swap them out this weekend.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding pictures with links:

When idi0t me decided to drive through a sand pit in 2wd. Open dif problems...

And the picture to the link above:

Could I have went around the ruts? Sure! But that would have been no fun. She was pulled out without much drama. Again a locker in the rear might have avoided this.

Don't worry...I didn't get stuck on EVERYTHING:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pifrnudmvq3rbo8/20170226_132136.mp4?dl=0

Again...you can see how the open difs are a problem.

Throwing it into low range didn't get you out? Looks like your tire pressures were pretty high, too. Oh well, at least you got her dirty! :)

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throwing it into low range didn't get you out? Looks like your tire pressures were pretty high, too. Oh well, at least you got her dirty! :)

Throwing it into low range actually got me to back up a bit into a deeper hole under that muck :happy175: And in the sand it was just getting the Jeep to jump. I might have been able to feather it out but no use trying to break something.

I left street tire pressure in the tires since the sand isn't USUALLY super sinky out there in the Pines. And she did just fine in all other places. We were out in the woods for about 5 hours that day.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throwing it into low range actually got me to back up a bit into a deeper hole under that muck :happy175: And in the sand it was just getting the Jeep to jump. I might have been able to feather it out but no use trying to break something.

I left street tire pressure in the tires since the sand isn't USUALLY super sinky out there in the Pines. And she did just fine in all other places. We were out in the woods for about 5 hours that day.

Makes for a fun day out!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good flex in the back with that iro arm though

Flex is great. Limiting factor at the moment is the length of the shocks. Been trying to look for other options besides "Bilstein 6" shocks" from JBA. Wish I knew what those bolted up to so I can find similar ones...but JBA doesn't list the part number. And when I had 4" Bilsteins they blew fairly quickly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Flex is great. Limiting factor at the moment is the length of the shocks. Been trying to look for other options besides "Bilstein 6" shocks" from JBA. Wish I knew what those bolted up to so I can find similar ones...but JBA doesn't list the part number. And when I had 4" Bilsteins they blew fairly quickly.

You do realize that the 6 inch have longer bodies, so while they are for a 6 inch lift using them on say a 3.5 to 4 inch you would have way less down travel . More bumpstops , less free travel so bad idea

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize that the 6 inch have longer bodies, so while they are for a 6 inch lift using them on say a 3.5 to 4 inch you would have way less down travel . More bumpstops , less free travel so bad idea

Yes I do. Did I say I would BUY the 6" Bilsteins? NOPE!

I have a spreadsheet going of compressed and extended lengths of many different rear shocks to compare (as well as eyelet sizes). Was going to share it out when I'm done with it. But it's a "free time" project which I don't have too much of nowadays.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on my Skidrow gas tank skid last night. It looks good on there, and I will feel much better off road knowing my gas tank will be safe. But man was it a B**** to get the hitch off to put the skid on. And on top of that is was snowing for part of the time while doing this.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on my Skidrow gas tank skid last night. It looks good on there, and I will feel much better off road knowing my gas tank will be safe. But man was it a B**** to get the hitch off to put the skid on. And on top of that is was snowing for part of the time while doing this.
That skid is awesome. Love mine and has been less then gently landed on many times. The install was a pain for me as well but I planned it so I installed mine right after the hitch recall so the bolts were fresh haha. Definitely needed two Jacks though.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That skid is awesome. Love mine and has been less then gently landed on many times. The install was a pain for me as well but I planned it so I installed mine right after the hitch recall so the bolts were fresh haha. Definitely needed two Jacks though.

Yeah I figured out the need for two jacks when doing the install pretty quick. But luckily I had two available to use so that part was ok.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Now that you have that part mastered , add in a aftermarket bumper as well.........hitch, KILBY gas tank skid and bumper holding everything with your knees, toes , ears, head, .......................starting the bolts with your teeth.........:gr_grin:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you have that part mastered , add in a aftermarket bumper as well.........hitch, KILBY gas tank skid and bumper holding everything with your knees, toes , ears, head, .......................starting the bolts with your teeth.........:gr_grin:

Sounds tough...Too bad no one makes aftermarket rear bumpers for the KJ (wink,wink,nudge,nudge)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Please.
I installed a hitch and trailer wiring harness, in the parking lot of a dealership during a snow storm, then towed my car home 90 miles with the jeep I just bought (and installed said parts on to.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.