What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the Rene has the same transmission as the KL - though I think some changes/improvements were made to it. Shifting is spot on, with no hesitations, jumps or slams. I've been on the KL forums and seen threads questioning if the ****** ever gets to 9th gear - it does on our Renegade frequently (just pop the shift lever to the left and the gear shows up in the center display.)

It has less than 5000 miles on it so far so plenty of time for something to go sideways - but at this point my wife says it's her favorite vehicle of all the ones she's owned (and we've had WAY too many over the years.)

She always wondered why I loved the KJ so much - now she gets it :gr_grin:

Bob
I think the secret to get into 9th in the KL is to order the tow package and get the 3.57 ratio that comes with the trailhawk. or tow package with previous years. Otherwise your stuck with 80 mph plus.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the shed talk reminds me of several years back.
friend of mine has for years campaigned a Dodge Neon SRT-4 called the "Red Sled."
well after the introduction of the Caliber SRT-4 *vomit* he bought one *vomit* and called it the "Red Shed."
sadly, he quickly learned what an unmitigated piece of rolling excrement *vomit* that thing was.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Tool%20Shed%20Car%20England.jpg
    Tool%20Shed%20Car%20England.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Fastest%20SHED.jpg
    Fastest%20SHED.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's on my list of things I want to put in this spring.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a set of plate spacers so my transmission skid is farther away from my pipes.
You must be registered for see images

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed spark plugs and coils yesterday. Amazingly warm here (60+) which made it nice plus found it very easy to replace without having to remove anything (unlike my Mazda 6s with a transverse V6 where you have to pull the intake).

Scott

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered sway bar links, bushings, and a new belt tensioner. i'll be getting an alignment next week as well.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not today but this weekend: Pulled oil pan, pickup tube and "gasket" on the 02. Good old #2 rod bearing was shot. Could move it quite a bit by hand. Doesn't look too good as there was a whole lot of aluminum flake around that area and I'm sure throughout the oil passages. The #2 oil passage was just about plugged. Pickup tube screen was a mess too. Rest of the rods seemed tight. Who knows about the mains as it felt like it was partially seized when trying to spin at the balancer before disassembly and with plugs out. Hope to get the entire crank out soon but a rebuilt or new to me engine seems like the best option at this point.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my OME lift in this last weekend. It rides like a dream now. Ended up gaining an inch and a half from where it was sitting with the crappy daystar spacer lift. The passenger side is sitting about half an inch lower than the drivers side, so I still have that nice jeep lean. I decided to do a band aid fix for the speed sensor and just splice some wire in where it was cut to see if the computer will clear the code itself. Now to try and find the vibration will driving under power. Thought it was the steering rack bushing that was blown out. Fixed that. Now I am thinking that it is u joints on the front drive shaft.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my OME lift in this last weekend. It rides like a dream now. Ended up gaining an inch and a half from where it was sitting with the crappy daystar spacer lift. The passenger side is sitting about half an inch lower than the drivers side, so I still have that nice jeep lean. I decided to do a band aid fix for the speed sensor and just splice some wire in where it was cut to see if the computer will clear the code itself. Now to try and find the vibration will driving under power. Thought it was the steering rack bushing that was blown out. Fixed that. Now I am thinking that it is u joints on the front drive shaft.

Had a guy the other night try and tell me that a Daystar was way better than any OME lift ! So you disagree ? :gr_grin:
Now we need updated pictures !
Have fun

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed spark plugs and coils yesterday. Amazingly warm here (60+) which made it nice plus found it very easy to replace without having to remove anything (unlike my Mazda 6s with a transverse V6 where you have to pull the intake).

Scott

Changing the plugs on my old Caravan was almost as bad. Glad that scrap heap is gone.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a guy the other night try and tell me that a Daystar was way better than any OME lift ! So you disagree ? :gr_grin:
Now we need updated pictures !
Have fun

The daystar lift was trashed when I pulled it off. It destroyed my rear coils by over compressing them. The rear springs were probably about 3" or so shorter than the new OME rear springs. So daystar although it is a cheap lift, it is a crap lift! Save up and do it right! :gr_grin:

I will hopefully post some pictures later today or tomorrow! It already handles better in the snow than it did before! :gr_grin:

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil today and got spooked for a minute when it came out very dark. Then I remembered I used Royal Purple on the last oil change.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just received my new sway bar links and bushings...next on the list is a timing cover gasket, should i just replace the timing set while i am in there? 2006 3.7 with 138k on the clock.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spare tire delete....not sure if i like it ?

Last edited by a moderator: