What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did I try to lift wiper blade when it was still frozen to windshield?
Rip/tear- new blade installed today. :doh2:

I hate when that happens :favorites68:

I like the heated wiper seats I have in the windshield of our 01 Outback. Just a little defrost element in the windshield and in about a minute no stuck wipers. Nice options, Wish there was a aftermarket retrofit for other vehicles.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The KL has them...haven't had a frozen wiper blade yet and I think they come on automatically when it's below freezing. So I guess they work. :D

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate when that happens :favorites68:

I like the heated wiper seats I have in the windshield of our 01 Outback. Just a little defrost element in the windshield and in about a minute no stuck wipers. Nice options, Wish there was a aftermarket retrofit for other vehicles.

Agree :waytogo:

My wife's new Renegade has the heated area under the wipers as well - great feature on these icy mornings. The system in that Jeep automatically turns on the heated wipers, heated mirrors, heated seats and steering wheel when the temp is below 32F. She's spoiled :gr_grin:

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love the heated steering wheel in the KL.

The Rene has the 9 speed trans right? How do you like it? The KL is on its second transmission. I wouldn't say it shifts seamlessly, it has a bit of the Jeep "ruggedness" feel to it. I love it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KL has them...haven't had a frozen wiper blade yet and I think they come on automatically when it's below freezing. So I guess they work. :D

Agree :waytogo:

My wife's new Renegade has the heated area under the wipers as well - great feature on these icy mornings. The system in that Jeep automatically turns on the heated wipers, heated mirrors, heated seats and steering wheel when the temp is below 32F. She's spoiled :gr_grin:
Bob

Wow all automatic and temp sensing too. That would be really neat. The Outback has all the manual heated stuff but only the heated mirrors come on with the rear defrost. Seats and wipers have their own switches. Funny part is that the seat switch is right next to the cup holder in the center console. Real easy to hit the switch at any time. I've done it a few times in the warm weather and took a while to figure out why my ass was cooking in July. :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had an 04 Maxima as a company car back in FL before the KJ and the driver's heated seat in it got stuck on, I looked like I jumped in a pool with my clothes on. Didn't need it in FL so I pulled the fuse. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pushing snow today, it looks like.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow all automatic and temp sensing too. That would be really neat. The Outback has all the manual heated stuff but only the heated mirrors come on with the rear defrost. Seats and wipers have their own switches. Funny part is that the seat switch is right next to the cup holder in the center console. Real easy to hit the switch at any time. I've done it a few times in the warm weather and took a while to figure out why my ass was cooking in July. :gr_grin:

We used to do that deliberately. Be driving along on a hot summer day and WHY THE #$(#) IS MY ASS ROASTING!!!! YOU MOTHER***KER! Good fun.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the heated steering wheel in the KL.

The Rene has the 9 speed trans right? How do you like it? The KL is on its second transmission. I wouldn't say it shifts seamlessly, it has a bit of the Jeep "ruggedness" feel to it. I love it.

Yep, the Rene has the same transmission as the KL - though I think some changes/improvements were made to it. Shifting is spot on, with no hesitations, jumps or slams. I've been on the KL forums and seen threads questioning if the ****** ever gets to 9th gear - it does on our Renegade frequently (just pop the shift lever to the left and the gear shows up in the center display.)

It has less than 5000 miles on it so far so plenty of time for something to go sideways - but at this point my wife says it's her favorite vehicle of all the ones she's owned (and we've had WAY too many over the years.)

She always wondered why I loved the KJ so much - now she gets it :gr_grin:

Bob

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yours got mileage out of the factory trans than mine did, mine was done at 3000 miles. At 7900ish now.

I've looked for 9th gear but I don't get it on the highway often, probably need to hit 80-85 at least. I bet mine might have different shift map with the 3.2.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got bored with my wheels so I painted them.
You must be registered for see images attach
from this to this
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How'd you keep the outer rim original color? Just careful placement of painters tape or other trick?
Also did you paint the caliper?? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you keep the outer rim original color? Just careful placement of painters tape or other trick?
Also did you paint the caliper?? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just painters tape I started with a 3/4 inch wide as its quite flexible to run the curve then go to wider till it's covered. Yes the calipers are painted with Dupicolor hi heat paint

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How without removing the caliper isn't easy just alot of carefull masking and thinners to wipe off any over spray

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Got slightly above freezing today.
Put the Jeep thru a touchless car wash, to get some of the salt off!
Every parking lot is a mess! Believe it or not, the mat was clean before I left today..:signs16:
58166[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The nice thing about the WeatherTechs is they do well to protect the carpet.
Quick and simple, I used warm water and a rag/ rinse, all clean again.:waytogo:

Attachments

• Salted%20WeatherTech.jpg
    Salted%20WeatherTech.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
PS: Drove out to the RV show at the IX Center in Cleveland. Lots of nice trailers. I spent about six hours there and now I need to find a winning lottery ticket somewhere.

While inside, we had a popup snow show which left the parking lot nice and slick. I found a nice big deserted area and did some loops to test the traction on the new tires. Even trying to slide around I couldn't do it. Yep, these are going to be nice. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cranking has been a little weak on the beastie lately. thinking the battery is about to fall over. lights are dimming extra hard when lifting the plow too. according to my records, bought it (exide classic 34C) back on 2013/01/28. seems a little early for it to go.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed oil and replaced some PS fluid in the 05 today. Only 19F today so far. After a couple seconds of chatter it was dead silent with the old oil. We'll see what it sounds like tomorrow with the new. None of my vehicles liked that too much. Made it up to a balmy 23F yesterday.

Took a ride after the oil change to try the 4wd. We have a tiny bit of snow from last week but couldn't find any dirt. Went to a big school parking lot where I could make some very gradual turns. Went into part time easy and stuck there when going to full time. Of course then it wouldn't go back into 2wd. Could feel it binding but gradual turns so no wheel skip. Finally, put it in reverse and gave it some gas and it went back to 2wd. Second attempt at full time and after a gradual turn and one painful sounding pop it seems to have worked. Went for a ride on some windy roads and could shift from FT to 2wd without the part time hangup. I can't help but wonder if this is the first time it's ever been in 4wd. I'll probably try it again tomorrow on the way to work.