What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
Details on the rack please?

Its a powder coated steel rack weighing about 28lbs I dont remember the demensions if needed I can measure it.
It mounts in the rear on the seat striker catches with a bent z bracket and 2 bolts. The front is attached in the front just below the stock cargo cover pockets. There is a threaded insert that is drilled and then expanded into the bodies sheet metal behind the plastic.

It took about a hour to install

if theres anything else you want to know just ask

Grabastic

Reaction score
Thanks Squid. That looks like a very nice unit. I just got my KJ today, and I'm trying to figure out if I want a rack back there or what.

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
That's the way to do it.
Have to make use of asmuch small space as I can so its ideal to hold what I need. Tools and assorted stuff below and I can throw clothes and my fire gear on the top part I am going to add a screen to the back to keep the stuff out of the passanger parts.*

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was supose to drive a bit to get my resume to someone I have been refered to, but after my lucky day I decided to leave the KJ in the parking just in case it decide to broke.
This morning, I was getting in my friend car to go to school and I broke my pants just where you don't want it to have a huge hole in it...Spent the whole day with my bags barely covered with my underwear -_-

On the corner of my street there was a car ( honda civic hehe ) with a wheel turned 90 degree. Poor guy, and in the school parking lot, there was another civic WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! HAHAHA!

Grabastic

Reaction score
Scored a cargo cover for $10. Spotted a chronograph style instrument cluster that I need to see if it will work on my' 05.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the lady a bath and cleaned the inside as well. A clean Jeep is a sign of a dirty mind.....

TheSauce05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to update. Haven't done the plugs yet, but got both the hub/bearings replaced over the weekend after battling the drivers side hub nut. Took it in yesterday for a tire balance and oil change and ended up getting 2 new tires on the rear. They broke a lug stud on a wheel that already had one broken, so I tried to fix that yesterday, but the damned brake drum was rusted on TIGHT. Got out there today and sprayed it with PB Blaster and it still wouldn't budge. Took a chain and a bottle jack and hooked it up and broke a cleavis hook and it still didn't budge. Finally put the bottle jack between the lower control arm and the brake drum and cranked it down and it finally popped off. Man that was a pain, but it's all good now.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered I have what appears to be a rack and pinion squeek when moving the steering wheel back and forth. Even if its an inch. Hmmm...

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WooHoo!!

Haven't posted in forever... Finally ordered my lift from JBA today, and another upper control arm for the rear... Hurry up UPS guy :happy107:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are they bright.
VERY
of course the stock back up lights do nothing much at all
these 6 inch LEDS from jasperoffroad.com light up an area from right behind the Jeep to over 100 foot out ( well even more ha ha )
I'll get some pictures tonight

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decal

I put a decal on my back window that says "Keep your Dirty D&*K beaters off my Jeep!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rear LEDS from Jasper Offroad
My camera is not setup for night pictures and not using the flash
but first is just the back up lights,
next is the 6 inch LEDs
and the last one was taken with me about 150-160 foot away from the back of the Jeep and could still see way past where I was standing
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online