What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove mine to work. Drives great.

Off-topic (I'll delete if not allowed):
https://www.gofundme.com/neighbors-vs-williams-milton-de-2tvbfck

So, I heard about this story over in reddit and facebook. Donated $20. Crap neighbors want to stop a guy from working in his own garage on his and his friends vehicle....by suing him. And the guy's financially ruined because of it.

Just thought this deserves more peoples attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove mine to work. Drives great.

Off-topic (I'll delete if not allowed):
https://www.gofundme.com/neighbors-vs-williams-milton-de-2tvbfck

So, I heard about this story over in reddit and facebook. Donated $20. Crap neighbors want to stop a guy from working in his own garage on his and his friends vehicle....by suing him. And the guy's financially ruined because of it.

Just thought this deserves more peoples attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i tried expressing my thought on the 2 trolls suing him but i don't think the swear filter is ready for that much work

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
There's a euro water pump for the CRD with a brass impeller. OEM pump had plastic. Maybe they make a brass impeller model for the v6?

Brand name is Graf.

Sad thing with the 2.8 CRD is the water pump should be replaced when the timing belt is replaced because it won't last two timing belts and it might crater the engine when it dies. Hate to waste good parts.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are those that complain about the same thing with the A583 2.4L engine. when you do the timing belt job you change the water pump too; because to change the water pump you have to do the timing belt anyways (pump is driven by that belt.) 90k mile service interval on the belt. seems like the pump makes it 120k on average. it's moronic NOT to do the pump while you're at it. when it was done on mom's PT Cruiser, we went all in and did ALL the belts, pump, flushed all the fluids in everything. so now her car is good to at least 180k before it needs another $2000 service job. labor to do the timing belt is a killer because of how much shit you have to take off to get to it. oh well; 9 year between jobs.

Bruceb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Properly seated my white gauge covers, didn't notice they were off until the darker mornings. Also put a new "lens" on it, my old one had some kind of growth on the inside that couldn't be cleaned. Still looking for led's that work, I've tried a few sizes but none mount properly.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I want to add a set of isolators to the rear. I think the jeep needs a touch of rake.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil/filter and 5 tire rotation. I also taught a friend of mine how to change the oil on his 09 Wrangler. I wish our oil filter had the open space available like his does. I did notice his oil filter was smaller than mine...insert any number of jokes here.:happy175::happy175::gr_grin: