What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not driven mine since Tuesday, and that was only for a very exciting trip to the Post Office. I'm looking out the window of my home office and see that a spider has spun a web from the top of the antenna to the windshield. Looks like Halloween came early this year. :help:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not driven mine since Tuesday, and that was only for a very exciting trip to the Post Office. I'm looking out the window of my home office and see that a spider has spun a web from the top of the antenna to the windshield. Looks like Halloween came early this year. :help:

So Trick or Treat is on Saturday?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to do the starter on my 02 key word tried. I got everything off and loose then i couldnt get the old starter out. I gave up left the front drive shaft off it started up and i drove it around the block. I got some bad vibes when turning left even when stopped. I probably f'd something up good now. When i shifted the t case through part time full and 2wd i got no lights on the dash. No 4wd indacator no new starter no front drive shaft now and a weird vibe from the front drivers side talk about fail.

Got the starter in starts like a champ now but i am still getting a vibe sounds like rubbing. Only thing it happens moving or stopped with or without the front drive shaft only turning left. Any ideas guys what could i have f'd up doing the starter to make it vibe when turning left it vibrates the steering wheel not much but i can feel it and hear it.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's sitting in someone else's garage, about to undergo surgery!:sawzall::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Well it didn't happen.It was at the garage all day and they decided not to do it because they couldn't source the correct parts in time.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the starter in starts like a champ now but i am still getting a vibe sounds like rubbing. Only thing it happens moving or stopped with or without the front drive shaft only turning left. Any ideas guys what could i have f'd up doing the starter to make it vibe when turning left it vibrates the steering wheel not much but i can feel it and hear it.

The only thing I can think that would be turning related would be a CV axle...but that wouldn't be related to replacing the starter. In fact nothing around the starter would cause the vibrating that you're experiencing, I don't think :blah:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think that would be turning related would be a CV axle...but that wouldn't be related to replacing the starter. In fact nothing around the starter would cause the vibrating that you're experiencing, I don't think :blah:

Thats what i figured maybe i need an alighnment. This is the first time i had it on stands since i lifted.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in my new Cragar soft 8's and had them put on. The only problem with this is that they for got to ship the center caps with the wheels. So now I have to wait for discount to get those in. It has a much better stance with these wheels than the stock steel rims. Now I just need to finish cleaning up the pinch welds.

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6193-new-wheels.jpg

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats what i figured maybe i need an alighnment. This is the first time i had it on stands since i lifted.

That sounds like a good place to look. If something was loose it might have shifted once it was off the ground.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some good stuff checked off of my to do list today on the jeep:

First I removed the 52" light bar on the front bumper (which was starting to look obnoxious. Then I had a friend weld in some cross members in my front tow points so that side pulls wouldn't be an issue. And lastly I added a 22" light bar to the front wind faring of my basket. Much better looking than the 52"

Pics:
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6197-tacking-cross-bars.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6198-all-painted-ready-go-back.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6199-reinstalled.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6200-new-look.jpg

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Washed it
You must be registered for see images attach