What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It might. When I had them in it sat pretty level until I put the winch on.

Jbergun, what's that thing that she hit? Is it some plate with a shackle tab that goes into the receiver? I want one!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rear ended last night by an uber driver in a bmw suv. Cruise down I55 south around 40mph. This section always comes to a stop. The guy in front of me jammed pretty hard i was able to stop. I look behind me and they arent. She said he brakes didnt work. They slipped, whatever. i was pissed until i seen the damage then i was furious. He bmw had the bumper cracked and the grill pushed in. The tire got her grill and is still holding air. She scraped up my paint i dont know what i am going to do.

Given your pics I assume you're saying that with a ;)

Would hate to see what the body shop bill is for that BMW while you get to grab a can of Rustoleum :happy175:

Same happened to me - spare tire and trailer hitch on mine destroyed a Passat's grill and hood. I had to touch up the hitch :Violin:

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really... hmmm. :fish_h4h: Did you see the image I uploaded? I opened up the shadows a bit to get a better look. That sure don't look like "reflection" to me. Oh well, nothing for me to worry about.

I'll have to take a better picture then :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I got rear ended last night by an uber driver in a bmw suv....She scraped up my paint i dont know what i am going to do...

...Would hate to see what the body shop bill is for that BMW while you get to grab a can of Rustoleum :happy175:

Same happened to me - spare tire and trailer hitch on mine destroyed a Passat's grill and hood. I had to touch up the hitch :Violin:

Bob
Guys, I am days away from (finally) buying my lift. I am redoing the brakes as well. New wheels and tires will come next spring. I REALLY don't need you talking me into a set of new bumpers right now.

My poor wallet...emphasis on the "poor"... :happy175:

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I am days away from (finally) buying my lift. I am redoing the brakes as well. New wheels and tires will come next spring. I REALLY don't need you talking me into a set of new bumpers right now.

Just a nice trailer skid helps alot wish i had steel bumpers mmm steel.

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given your pics I assume you're saying that with a ;)

Would hate to see what the body shop bill is for that BMW while you get to grab a can of Rustoleum :happy175:

Bob

Yep litle rusto touch her up good as new. I just noticed it happened in the same spot there was a 4 car pile up and car fire a few weeks ago. Like 3 people died right at that same spot. You can see the burnt asphalt in this photo of her damage. You can also see the tire scuffa on her bumper ha ha ha.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep, I have the rear coils also. Still deciding if I will put those in, it sits level now, just waiting to see if it settles in at all.

Yeah...right.. More like her brains didn't work:emotions34:

Exactly either that or her abs kicked in and she associated that with slipping brakes.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try not to get 'high' so much then :p

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might. When I had them in it sat pretty level until I put the winch on.

Jbergun, what's that thing that she hit? Is it some plate with a shackle tab that goes into the receiver? I want one!

Homemade. 1/4" thick steel and a piece of round tubing welded to a piece of reciever square tubing. Weighs a good 20 pounds serves its purpose. I seen some online that ranges from $50-$200 i had the scrap laying around got the shackle from my old job. I think its a 3/4" shackle larger than most people use. Here are some pics when i first put it together.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a job which had lots of shackles just lying around. My boss was a guy named Mark Desade.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a job which had lots of shackles just lying around. My boss was a guy named Mark Desade.

We had alot this first photo is the biggest like a 50 ton shackle with my little 3/4" at the bottom.

The 3/4" is the third from the left.

This is the largest one from the last photo compared to the 50t.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Homemade. 1/4" thick steel and a piece of round tubing welded to a piece of reciever square tubing. Weighs a good 20 pounds serves its purpose. I seen some online that ranges from $50-$200 i had the scrap laying around got the shackle from my old job. I think its a 3/4" shackle larger than most people use. Here are some pics when i first put it together.

Side view please it looks like a big plow if coming off of a ledge

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Was she an electronic distracted driver?
I know I can get distracted easily!
56826[/ATTACH]"]

Add a steel plate to one of these...Hmmmm...
56828[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Mecahnical%205.gif
    Mecahnical%205.gif
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • image003.gif
    image003.gif
    383 KB · Views: 0

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more photos tom.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to Sears in the next big town over on the way home to buy a new window AC unit for downstairs (our Sears didn't have the right BTUs, nor did Home Depot or Lowes or anyone else). And I got the last 15k BTU unit there, even.

Ours had a wire rub on the refrigerant line and spark, causing a hole, causing a leak, causing NO VA.

But the new one is quieter...much, much quieter and more efficient. So that part's good. And the Liberty picked it up with no trouble at all. The guy was impressed at how much room it has with the seats down, actually.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes. With the weather (heat) down there I am sure that having the replacement is a big deal. :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck I took mine to work just because of the humidity. Riding is brutal in it. That and the nasty storm that rolled through quick.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her out for a nice dinner celebrating my sister in laws 21rst.