What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had a clevis slip down on all that I've done, tighten them up tight and they'll be good

also got some 3X3 spot beam LEDs in today to test out and see if I like them
threw them on the spare Matrix just to see how they look

Tom, you bringing those to the M&G tomorrow?

Bob

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed a OEM hitch to the KJ and and started re-building a trailer wiring harness that came from a KJ that had the towing package from the factory

You must be registered for see images attach

who knew that it was part of the main body harness.... why could they not build the towing system in the KJ like they did in the WJ.

now just to splice it into my body harness
not looking forward to that

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it to school, I was sure I wouldn't get my 130k Km today...but I did! I entered my parking lot a 129 999 and it turned 130 000 just as I pushed the brake pedal :D Yay! My libby is a grown man now!

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well got the towing wired up ended up having to redoo it from scratch i plans on doing a how too but F*****************K NO that was a pain in the A** it would have been easy if i could have found the pinouts for the part of the body harness that i needed to work with.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her a Matrix in the mail today. Now to find the time to do the makeover. Waiting for two more upgrades to start the project.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07 Sport got some love yesterday.

Replaced rear glass lift supports.
Put 3 nuts on drivers side clevis.leveled out to 21fr/22r.(med springs)
Got it aligned.
Ordered front tow hooks.

Gyro

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed water pump and stat

Changed the water pump and thermostat this morning and put new HOAT in it. I've said this a million times and today is another, Man I wish I would've put a drain in my garage.

Heat is VERY HOT now. I can't hold my hand in front of the floor vent with it cranked up all the way. Old pump started seeping at the seal on the top half of it. It had quite a bit of corrosion on the mating surface. Cleaned it up best I could before putting new one on. Got very lucky too. I noticed the hood struts becoming more and more weak. The hood stayed up on its own, but just the weight of a work light on the latch made it slam down. It happened as I was walking to the toolbox. :mfr_omg: I about got knocked silly, but something was watching over me today. I had my sockets laying on top of the snorkel and it busted that all up, so now I need another one of those along with new struts.

Very easy to do.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started prepping an '07 engine to install in my '03. Found a 3.7 from an '07 Dodge Dakota with only 9700 miles on it. Will pull the engine from my Libby tomorrow and hopefully install new one on Tuesday.

Bob

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it back from florida and put in a new radio choke relay.... didnt fix the problem. Radio still cuts out on the drivers side sometimes. Weird but it used to do it on the passenger side until I started messing with the relay. I guess there is a short somewhere else. Ill rip it apart when I have time.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front diff fluid today, however lost some trans skid plate bolts. So for now my KJ skid plate less as I didn't bother bolting the engine skid back on either.. :boobs:

Changed the water pump and thermostat this morning and put new HOAT in it. I've said this a million times and today is another, Man I wish I would've put a drain in my garage.

Heat is VERY HOT now. I can't hold my hand in front of the floor vent with it cranked up all the way. Old pump started seeping at the seal on the top half of it. It had quite a bit of corrosion on the mating surface. Cleaned it up best I could before putting new one on. Got very lucky too. I noticed the hood struts becoming more and more weak. The hood stayed up on its own, but just the weight of a work light on the latch made it slam down. It happened as I was walking to the toolbox. :mfr_omg: I about got knocked silly, but something was watching over me today. I had my sockets laying on top of the snorkel and it busted that all up, so now I need another one of those along with new struts.

Very easy to do.

Yeah my KJ hood fell on me the other day :favorites68: I guess its time to replace the hood struts or something :shrug:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her another sticker to the back window. The wife says I have too many patriotic stickers. I don't believe there is such a thing. Merica.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A second set of BFG AT KOs. First set lasted 74K. Original Goodyear SRA AtTs made it 72K.
What a difference some tread makes!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it back from florida and put in a new radio choke relay.... didnt fix the problem. Radio still cuts out on the drivers side sometimes. Weird but it used to do it on the passenger side until I started messing with the relay. I guess there is a short somewhere else. Ill rip it apart when I have time.

my sound cuts out (all 4 speakers) when the front passenger side door is opened all the way, if you or anyone else has any ideas for a potential cause of this problem im all ears