What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the jeep back today. Had the roof sandblasted and new metal welded in and re painted. Rust near the windshield caused a leak. Looks pretty now. Also replaced the radiator and both headlights

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I Plasti Dipped my rims nearly three years ago and they still look good.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted the rest of my rims this afternoon. I think that they came out good. There was a bit more work to these compared to the spare. I had a lot more rust to remove off of these than the spare. IMO my Jeep looks a lot better with flat black rims over the silver.

Before
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6068-before-painted-rims.jpg

After
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6069-painted-rims-drivers-side.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6070-painted-rims-passenger-side.jpg

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Doing some work on the 04, changed the lights on the front of the 03
Then needed a few things from the parts store, coming abck had a red KJ following me, kept right on my tail all the way, followed right into the cul-de-sac where i live??? WTH ya know
Guy gets out and said sort of angry like I have been looking for you for months now.:blah:
OK what did I do now:shrug::shrug:
And then he goes on so you are the one
Again I'm thinking what did I do to this guy?
He points at the Kili and then the 03 , saying I tried to track that one down ( pointing at the Kili ) for a year, then started seeing this green one.
How do you have them lifted so high?
After talking and looking at his, 04 with 150,000 miles, everything stock, well except for Daystar lift , he is sitting at 19.75 inches :ROFLJest: ( with the 2.5 inch Daystar ) Springs in front are stacked , about the worst I have ever seen.
Hes ready to sell due to such a terrible ride!:icon_lol:
Short ride in the 03, and he is out of his mind going on and on that I am a magician or something. :ROFLJest:
So he is going home to talk his wife into using part of their Tax refund on a OME lift ( said she would NEVER go for the JBA coilovers )

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought new rear rotors and parking brake shoes. After having the wheels off yesterday the back rotors are almost falling apart from rust.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week:
Replaced the front speakers and tweeters...

The new Alpines sound great. (Wow - treble AND two-channel sound? Who'd have thunk it!) Next up: Doing the rear pair...
Did the back pair today. I am really hoping this takes care of things, since all that's left is the head unit. So far, so good.

To ease my pain I went out and got 'faced. No, wait. I actually ordered one of these: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer
Got this installed too. It fills out the bass end quite nicely. I mounted it under the left side of the back bench. Very straightforward installation and my head unit has subwoofer controls built in so I don't have to use the goofy wired remote.

Wow, got it all done and it all works. Haven't had a day like this in a while. And the best part: Perry Como never sounded so good! :icon_lol:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting an estimate for line-x fenders bumpers and grill hopefully will have it done in the coming weeks.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Rancho RS5000 shocks in back.
Drove 30 kilometers.
Came home, removed Rancho shocks and put back in stock.
Called RockAuto for a full refund, was sent pre-paid bill for FedEx.
Wasted $22 in shipping to get here and a few hours, but learned something about getting a "deal". Won't be making that mistake again... shopping now for Beilstein and OME.

Local place sells Skyjacker 2.5 inch with Nitro... I've heard about knocking problems with their shocks. Is that a common thing? As long as I am spending, should I avoid Skyjacker and go OME / Beilstein?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed Rancho RS5000 shocks in back.
Drove 30 kilometers.
Came home, removed Rancho shocks and put back in stock.
Called RockAuto for a full refund, was sent pre-paid bill for FedEx.
Wasted $22 in shipping to get here and a few hours, but learned something about getting a "deal". Won't be making that mistake again... shopping now for Beilstein and OME.

Local place sells Skyjacker 2.5 inch with Nitro... I've heard about knocking problems with their shocks. Is that a common thing? As long as I am spending, should I avoid Skyjacker and go OME / Beilstein?

Yes Ranchos are not good, used to be when they had the RSX line , not any longer
Skyjacker full spring I would say a huge NO, Front springs are are same as stock rating so will sag, rear shocks are not that good, plus fronts you can only use their brand of shocks
OME is the way to go in the end

Andyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hiid my antenna under the cowl and added a second Trail Rated badge in its place. No more worrying about ripping it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Warm weather & time to re-install the roof basket!
55868[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

IDK what it is, but the Jeep looks naked without a nice looking "Rack" ..:gr_grin:

Attachments

• Rack%20Attack.jpg
    Rack%20Attack.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 0

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I removed the winter tires and hub adapters. Then I installed my summer tires with new center caps, and the reason why I have new center caps is that I lost one of the center caps one day going to NAPA.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was yesterday, but still counts!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that over the past week I have been working on porting a throttle body for my libby. I finished the porting and need to work on polishing it more. I will post pics next time I work on it. Hope to install it on my libby in about a month after finals are all over.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the SRT-6 Kj out for the first time since being tuned. First wot run from a dig, so I didn't really know what to expect...but wasn't really planning on smoking the s**t out of the tires when the light turned green.
You must be registered for see images
Click me I'm a video..

Sorry for the horrible choice in music, I thought you wouldn't be able to hear the radio. This thing has tons of off idle torque. I'm maxed out at 6psi with the 24# injectors, but I planned to stay at 6psi until I put a few thousand miles on everything. I have some 36# that I'm going to swap in when it's time to turn up the boost. For anyone interested in the numbers: 246hp@4950rpm and 271 ft/lbs @3625rpm at the wheels. I plan on dialing it up to around 8-10psi eventually, which with the forged internals shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited: