What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your order dual stretchers for your new moab basket rack?

You must be registered for see images attach

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some PIAA Xtreme White lamps and fogs.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Well .. since the Great JKJC Outage of 2012 I have;

-Installed new U joints
-Changed transfer case fluid
-Re greased output shaft

still trying to eliminate 45-50 mph vibes I'm getting from somewhere since the lift

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found some local store that sell the part I was looking for :) 3'' lift kit local for 352$
engine / gas tank skid plate for 250$ and the dark grey ARB bumper for 1100$$? wtf?? close to 400$ under usual retail price :D Wont buy this one this years anyway...but after the winter, the 2 first are mine :D!

Ho and, got him cleaned in a gas stop car wash, free with any purchase today, bought myself a Mr. Big and got a wash XD

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well .. since the Great JKJC Outage of 2012 I have;

-Installed new U joints
-Changed transfer case fluid
-Re greased output shaft

still trying to eliminate 45-50 mph vibes I'm getting from somewhere since the lift

Funny thing is I drove over 200 miles with my KJ loaded. It was squatting and the whole time I didnt have any of those vibes. Even tho I have brand new spicer ujoints I still have a tiny vibe around those speeds but they were completely gone with it loaded down.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So clearly the issue here isnt that we need new ujoints to get rid of the vibes...its that we need heavier things...like skids, roof baskets, and front and rear bumpers.

:rocking:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Funny thing is I drove over 200 miles with my KJ loaded. It was squatting and the whole time I didnt have any of those vibes. Even tho I have brand new spicer ujoints I still have a tiny vibe around those speeds but they were completely gone with it loaded down.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that we have exactly the same issue. :disgust:

What shape are your rear control arm (tri link) joints in? I can see a tear at the very bottom of my drvr side boot .. and the surrounding area is all rusted and crusted up... although that is nothing new.

Can I assume that when you removed your extra (3rd) iso that your vibrations decreased? or did you ever add a 3rd to the drvr side?

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new rear upper control arm and I have the link extension from jba. Yes I did have 2 extra isos at one time. I did have less vibrations when I took one out. I have a few threads out there about all that and I remember saying my KJ just doesnt like being that high.

There is a process in the repair manual about how to set the pinion angles on the rear driveshaft. I think this has something to do with it. There's a certain difference between the front rear pinion angle that needs to be in spec. Not sure tho. I'll let an expert handle that.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rocky & Luke, for what it's worth I have some vibes too but only during heavy acceleration. But goofy thing is I feel it in my butt and in the steering wheel - but only when I punch the throttle. Goes away when I reach about 30mph and doesn't happen any other time.

I also have the JBA extension (which cured another issue) and one extra iso out back and one conduit nut up front. I'm sitting at 22 1/4 up front and 22 1/2 out back - so I'm not all that high.

I've wondered why I'm sitting that high with just the one iso and one conduit nut. And I wheel it once a month or more and it's only settled about 1/4 inch in 7500 miles.

Oh well - you boys figure the vibes out and let us all know. :hmm:

Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
It is a little more mello now that I slobbed some extra grease on the output shaft ... but still there. [+5 points to Troy]

I read your UCA threads and your link extension thread (that's on my list now)... and I agree that it seems to be the angles that are the problem ...

How many extra iso's do you have on each side now?
Spacers? do you mean your sway bar spacers that you made?

I think it's just our KJ's Ry ... I have found a dozen or so complaints of the same issue on the interwebz .. post lift, driveline vibes

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Something new for the old girl
we'll see how they do with her heavy butt
Over 55,000 on the OME 948s but still doing good with two extra upper iso's
But I did gain some with these 4 inchers
Oh and I can still go 1/4 inch before I hit my garage door :icon_frown:

How are those springs Tom?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a little more mello now that I slobbed some extra grease on the output shaft ... but still there. [+5 points to Troy]

I read your UCA threads and your link extension thread (that's on my list now)... and I agree that it seems to be the angles that are the problem ...

I think it's just our KJ's Ry ... I have found a dozen or so complaints of the same issue on the interwebz .. post lift, driveline vibes

I have 1 extra iso per side. I've tried two and removed one. I had a vibe the first time I drove down the road with my lift. Anyway, I'm not complaining about it It is so slight I don't notice it now. The new ujoints made the difference. I also slabbed a bunch of grease on the output shaft.
Yes, I made some sway bar spacers so it would clear the bolt on the link extension. They work good. Of course you can delete the swaybar, but it does make a difference turning corners in town when you need it. I had vibes in the seat and steering wheel too just like you twobobs. That's why I replaced the cv on the front shaft. It's weird where the vibes go.

Last edited:

DocHemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out that the Nut on top of theLeft Front Strut came off somehow...now have to work outside tomorrow to get the broken unit out and replace both sides tomorrow.

1. Hate working outside.
2. Doing struts is fun enough...without one that has an uncaged spring.
3. At least the beer will stay cold. :favorites13:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Some do it some don't
Mine has no vibes been running two extra uppers for what,....maybe 125,000- 150,000 now or so and no issues
Don't have one of the extensions either since i know I'd twist it into a pretzel on take off :icon_rolleyes:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How are those springs Tom?

So far so good,
only have about 650 road miles, 25 or so one lane dirt with potholes, and an hour or so playing around on the farm
But so far they feel good and flex out nice
removed all of the extra iso's I had in with the OMEs
I'll keep everyone updated
haven't measured it yet to see how much I've lost so far if any

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something new for the old girl
we'll see how they do with her heavy butt
Over 55,000 on the OME 948s but still doing good with two extra upper iso's
But I did gain some with these 4 inchers
Oh and I can still go 1/4 inch before I hit my garage door :icon_frown: