What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer and got a MOPAR blower motor resistor for $13.71 and replaced it so now the fan works in all positions and I got a couple of cramped fingers.....lol

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Talk about cleaning, rinsed out the air box and gave Mr. Sponge Bob a cleaning & new filter treatment.
54141[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Also replaced the hood lift shocks today.
I don't have to worry about the head mouse trap happening for a while now.:icon_lol:

Attachments

• Jeep%20AirBox.jpg
    Jeep%20AirBox.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Birdman330

That is how it get the effect of the paint color in the bulb. Good method. I thought that you use airbrush. The bulb shines perfectly with that color?

Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Cheers!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Birdman330

That is how it get the effect of the paint color in the bulb. Good method. I thought that you use airbrush. The bulb shines perfectly with that color?

Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Cheers!

While I do have a vintage compressor and airbrush that still works though they're in storage since I last used them, I didn't want to try and air brush since I have a hard enough time painting models with limited maneuvering abilities. Dipping worked out easier since it was a much nicer way to do the coating more evenly. Though the bubbles left me a bit agitated. So I'm trying to figure out how to avoid the bubbles this round, I don't think I need to actually shake the bottle before I use it. Which was half of my problem concerning its habit to always shake the bottle before use to make sure the paint is in order.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed my 360,000km motor and about to install an 80,000km motor
You must be registered for see images

old one is on the ground, new one is on the hoist

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed my 360,000km motor and about to install an 80,000km motor

old one is on the ground, new one is on the hoist

Well therres your problem.:party52:

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman330

If you are having difficulty with the bubbles in the paint, always that you shake the paint jar is the most basic thing that anyone will do before working with the paint. You just want to have a good mix on that paint bottle, but if you still have the bubbles in the paint. It may be a chemical reaction of the components of the painting. No matter how you mix it or agitated the bubbles always will be. Tamiya is acrylic paint, tries with enamel or diluted the paint just a little more. I hope this can give you some idea.

Cheers!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
ProjectKJ... That must have been some work especially with the rusted exhaust downpipe bolts.
Good luck on your KJ project and engine replacement!
It has been a while since I have been in the CN tower, what a view from the observation platform~!!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman330

If you are having difficulty with the bubbles in the paint, always that you shake the paint jar is the most basic thing that anyone will do before working with the paint. You just want to have a good mix on that paint bottle, but if you still have the bubbles in the paint. It may be a chemical reaction of the components of the painting. No matter how you mix it or agitated the bubbles always will be. Tamiya is acrylic paint, tries with enamel or diluted the paint just a little more. I hope this can give you some idea.

Cheers!

I've heard of people using enamel paint, Testors clear amber has been used to paint bulbs as well. Though I may try stirring up the bottle this next round or shake it and let it sit for a bit before dipping to give the bubbles time to clear out.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the words of Bond, James Bond, "stirred, NOT shaken."

Bob

I'm betting MOST of you read that in Sean Connery's voice.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the words of Bond, James Bond, "stirred, NOT shaken."

Bob

I'm betting MOST of you read that in Sean Connery's voice.

Ughh, a stirred Martini is not very good. Really gotta have that shaken unless its a Dirty Martini.

Either way I'm pumped this project should work out well, I may eventually work on seeing if this can be done with HID's as well in the future, of course then my Fogs will be strictly limited to foul weather. I haven't decided if I want to take that route. One thing I love most, exploring lighting options and testing new grounds.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ughh, a stirred Martini is not very good. Really gotta have that shaken unless its a Dirty Martini.

Either way I'm pumped this project should work out well, I may eventually work on seeing if this can be done with HID's as well in the future, of course then my Fogs will be strictly limited to foul weather. I haven't decided if I want to take that route. One thing I love most, exploring lighting options and testing new grounds.

I see what you did there!:icon_lol:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people using enamel paint, Testors clear amber has been used to paint bulbs as well. Though I may try stirring up the bottle this next round or shake it and let it sit for a bit before dipping to give the bubbles time to clear out.

I've got a little experience with these kinds of things. Roll the container gently without shaking or stirring. You can do that on a tabletop with a rag or old towel. Roll the jar or can back and forth and try a few end-over-ends (even more gently) once in a while. It will take longer to mix, but it will not produce bubbles.

Jim

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly the worst engine i have ever pulled... no yes it does have 360,000km
but the down pipe nuts came unwelded, have to cut off with cutoff wheel.... one of the trans cool lines was so rotten it has been leaking for ever. there was so much service rush on oil pan, and back of motor, it too a sledge hammer to seperate the engine and trans..... took 2 of us to get it out// That tracker in the back i did engine/trans/transfer case all as one. (although it has solid front axle, so there is no front cross memeber)
but staring to see why jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh... you want a cry? go look into doing a timing belt and water pump on a PT Cruiser. Normally I don't shy away from doing things, but after spending a couple hours (yes! hours!) researching and staring at it, I decided the price for a shop I trust to do it was worth it. Wasn't cheap ($2100) but they did EVERYTHING while they were in there (timing belt, water pump, all accesory belts, cam seals, front main seal, new coolant, new power steering fluid, trans fluid change, A/C flush & fill which is required since the lines are in the way) and it's a job that at current mileage usage by mom is every 10 years. So basically for $210/yr of usage she has a freshened car and is ready to roll on to 200k miles :D

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh... you want a cry? go look into doing a timing belt and water pump on a PT Cruiser. Normally I don't shy away from doing things, but after spending a couple hours (yes! hours!) researching and staring at it, I decided the price for a shop I trust to do it was worth it. Wasn't cheap ($2100) but they did EVERYTHING while they were in there (timing belt, water pump, all accesory belts, cam seals, front main seal, new coolant, new power steering fluid, trans fluid change, A/C flush & fill which is required since the lines are in the way) and it's a job that at current mileage usage by mom is every 10 years. So basically for $210/yr of usage she has a freshened car and is ready to roll on to 200k miles :D

That's very optimistic. If it even makes it the first 200K most PT Loser owners would be ecstatic.

Latest posts

Members online