What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a few licks on my top rack/spare carrier this week. Business has been too busy (a good thing!) to have any time for it in the past couple months. It'll take a mean, tough SOB to get me to pick up any hand tool for the next two days.

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confused as to which one to work on first
both could use some :shrug:
You must be registered for see images attach

You're killing me, Tom!

Didn't know you had a Rennie light bar sitting in the pile of parts - little ole Greenie is looking like a Renegade Sport TJ with the light bar, Moabs and - is that bumper from a certain former KJer from North Georgia? With a hoop on it? :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Time to come down and buy you lunch just to pick your brain some more. See, I've been thinking about those front coilovers and a certain RL bumper, and 'stuff'... :gr_grin:

Bob

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had it with the ABS going off when the Jeep hit 10 mph braking, gawd that sound is awful when it kicks in. So got off work, crawled under the Jeep and swapped out sensors, now my neck is nice and stretched out.

This tiny amount of damage was enough to screw up the sensor.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You're killing me, Tom!

Didn't know you had a Rennie light bar sitting in the pile of parts - little ole Greenie is looking like a Renegade Sport TJ with the light bar, Moabs and - is that bumper from a certain former KJer from North Georgia? With a hoop on it? :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Time to come down and buy you lunch just to pick your brain some more. See, I've been thinking about those front coilovers and a certain RL bumper, and 'stuff'... :gr_grin:

Bob

Now come on Bob I think you've seen that black one before
Thats one of the Sundance bumpers ya know
Low Down Green still looks the same

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new JBA poly bj boots on. Had an issue with the boot not sitting right on the spacer and in a couple hundred miles they looked like this. No matter what I did, the boot would end up off-center and hang off the spacer.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sent them an email letting them know of the issue since I haven't heard of it before. It wasn't a complaint email, but rather just letting them know in case it was a bad batch of boots or something. Within hours I get an email with a tracking number for new boots. By looking at them one pair looks like they are for arms with the spacer, and the other looks like they're for arms without the spacer. I decided to do it the correct way so I machined the spacers down to half the thickness they were originally and use the taller boots. They seemed to fit best that way, and I was happy with how they fit. After looking I decided to try the leftover pair of boots on my Moog lbj, which was a perfect fit. Thought I should clean the joints and flush the gunk out before putting the boots on. Then I greased the BJ's and Tre's with Lucas Red N' Tacky. I had grease everywhere and prefer to not have it on my phone, so pics of the new boots will come tomorrow.

Time from my first email until the replacement boots were in my hand was less than 2 days. Awesome customer service, especially considering I wasn't really asking to have them replaced. That on its own is worth buy from JBA, even if it means paying a little more. It's taken me longer than 2 days to get a real person on the phone at some companies over the years.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Awesome customer service, especially considering I wasn't really asking to have them replaced. That on its own is worth buy from JBA, even if it means paying a little more. It's taken me longer than 2 days to get a real person on the phone at some companies over the years...
I'm hoping to be picking up a few things before too much longer. Comments like yours make me pretty sure I know where I'm going to be shopping. :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Time from my first email until the replacement boots were in my hand was less than 2 days. Awesome customer service, especially considering I wasn't really asking to have them replaced. That on its own is worth buy from JBA, even if it means paying a little more. It's taken me longer than 2 days to get a real person on the phone at some companies over the years.

That's fantastic! Exactly why so many of us refer people to JBA. Marlin is a smart business owner who knows what butters his bread - great customer service :waytogo:

Bob

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the Heavy Duty. They're slippery - my foot won't stay in the position I want. They also move a little, even though they have all those spikes on the bottom to grip the carpet.

My Husky mats haven't moved in the two years they've been installed.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered the left axle seal needs to be replaced. I guess I'll go ahead and replace the right side as well, along with the parking brakes. It definitely feels great to drive the Jeep again post deployment. Man, 60 degrees outside feels cold compared to the Persian Gulf.:icon_lol:

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the missing hose from the passenger side of my air intake resonator to the passenger side head.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new muffler and tailpipe. Actually snowed enough today to turn the deck white!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed new muffler and tailpipe. Actually snowed enough today to turn the deck white!

sssshhhhh we don't want to hear that crap...........:icon_lol:
I did have to dig up all of the banana trees today, suppose to be down to 32 tonight, time to put them to rest for the winter

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's snow? Meanwhile, down in Georgia...

Towed the boat to the lake for some fishing. Took me about 30 minutes to get my 3 person fish dinner in the boat. To give you an idea on how big the thing is, that's a 4ft cooler. Weighed just over 24lbs

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the front Dside brakes apart again. Still can't find the source of the clatter I get when lightly braking after thing heat up a bit. Cold it's dead silent. After a few stops the clattering begins. Looks like the slides are not holding the pads tight enough. Must get worse when if gets warm. Need to get some new hardware since the pads look great. Drove me nuts all week long which, for me, is a short trip. :Insane:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
What's snow? Meanwhile, down in Georgia...

That white stuff you get a couple of inches of that shuts the state down... ;)

I'm on my way out to change the 3rd tail light bulb, front right turn signal bulb (strobe blinker now), blower resistor for the heater (first one in 14 years and 246k miles), and add some washer fluid.

Bath day is tomorrow after my trip back from Madison.

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That white stuff you get a couple of inches of that shuts the state down... ;)

I'm on my way out to change the 3rd tail light bulb, front right turn signal bulb (strobe blinker now), blower resistor for the heater (first one in 14 years and 246k miles), and add some washer fluid.

Bath day is tomorrow after my trip back from Madison.

I changed my third brake for a led a few weeks back been working fine for now and should last a while. Need to wash tomorrow too its been pretty cold wish i had some snow to frolic around in. Soon i hope.