What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add it to these two...
I see hoarding in your future. :gr_grin:

That green is pretty bad. I did see a green KJ photo not too long ago that I did like though. Different flavor of green. I also don't like that shade of gray on the fenders and bumpers either - should be darker. I saw a KJ that had some textured paint or finish on the fenders and bumpers a week or so ago. Wish I could remember where. It looked pretty cool. One I saw yesterday in a video was sprayed bed liner all over. That looked pretty awful.

My own KJ is silver, same as my previous ride, a Chrysler T&C. I don't really like silver - don't hate it - but the vehicles were more important than the paint color, so I bought. Always wanted to paint the T&C a 2-tone, but never got around to it in 10 years. I'd like to paint my KJ too, but it's pretty far down on the list right now.

Hope you start a project thread on this one so we can follow the more focused progress.

Jim

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Already making lists,
except it seems my son has taken a interest in it
Keeps talking like its going to be his or something :shrug:
Would I be wrong in assuming that's why you bought it..for your Son..
Heck that makes for great Father & Son Jeep build fun! :icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would I be wrong in assuming that's why you bought it..for your Son..
Heck that makes for great Father & Son Jeep build fun! :icon_lol:

Oh it will be a Father/ Son build. He grew up in Tanzania and of course just came here in June so has never worked on cars, done anything like we do here. But he has already did a spark plug change, helped swap in another 4.10 rear diff in my black 04, does a great job now in detailing one inside and out so he's learning fast.
But didn't buy it for him really since he doesn't have his license yet. he hasn't decided what kind of car/ SUV he wants yet
If anything the black one maybe his since he'll just need it around town here

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I see hoarding in your future. :gr_grin:

That green is pretty bad. I did see a green KJ photo not too long ago that I did like though. Different flavor of green. I also don't like that shade of gray on the fenders and bumpers either - should be darker. I saw a KJ that had some textured paint or finish on the fenders and bumpers a week or so ago. Wish I could remember where. It looked pretty cool. One I saw yesterday in a video was sprayed bed liner all over. That looked pretty awful.

My own KJ is silver, same as my previous ride, a Chrysler T&C. I don't really like silver - don't hate it - but the vehicles were more important than the paint color, so I bought. Always wanted to paint the T&C a 2-tone, but never got around to it in 10 years. I'd like to paint my KJ too, but it's pretty far down on the list right now.

Hope you start a project thread on this one so we can follow the more focused progress.

Jim

Oh so you have seen my stash of KJ parts in my basement then already :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That one is Timberline Pearl I think. Cool color. Rams and Durangos came in it too. WJs did too for a bit I think.

KJ is going to the dealer for a ****** flush.

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got part of my lift put on last night.

got the driverside rear on thanks to some coaching from a nice Lib owner on face book

Got the front all prepped for the lift, battery box removed, fuse panel, and air box removed as well.

I am not good at this kind of stuff so I was pretty pumped to have accomblished this. My mechanical ability is that of a potato.

Thanks for all of the help guys. Will be finishing the lift tonight. I hope I can go pick up the rims and tires after work, but the guy might not be available. I am updating my journal if you want to follow along with the project.

Calling it "Project Libercon" since it will be a mix of rubicon and liberty parts.

In time hope to make it more like the rubicon package, but for now just the wheels and tires. LOL

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently tracing wiring and pouring over diagrams to figure out where my short in my reverse light circuit is

So far it's not before the switch or the switch itself. Also not the taillights (unplugged both of them and fuse still blew.) Only leaves wiring inbetween...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not good at this kind of stuff so I was pretty pumped to have accomblished this. My mechanical ability is that of a potato.

If you got that done, your mechanical ability is a step above that of a potato.

Good job ;)

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my diff cover did some "custom paint"

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to order one of those.
diff's need servicing in < 2000 miles and I figure that's as good a time as any to change the cover.
also want to get it done before plowing season hits.

Unrelated to jeeps I took the neon out finally today. Finish re-plumbing all the vacuum lines to nice new silicone hoses and re-routing a couple so as to make the Boost Box work better, and reprogrammed the latter as something didn't seem right. Let me just say, it worked. 26psi selected with 25.22psi indicated, holding 11.4AFR from 3000 to 5000rpm, going up hill in 5th gear at 80mph. flooring it results in an impressive amount of thrust... to the point where I might have doubled the posted limit in a surprising amount of time, and it was STILL pulling hard.

Daddy like. Daddy like alot.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed the corroded connection in the rear tailgate handle. Now I can open the glass without using the fob.....and close the glass without having to make sure the glass latch is open by using the fob.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night, ordered two Sensors and Motor Oil. Today, bought and installed after work, new headlight bulbs after the first set lasting nearly a year. Bought the Silverstar XE's and going to give them a shot since I do love the Nighthawk Platinums I can't wait a week for them. Passenger side blew out this morning going to work, after I cooled off at work and got to thinking I should have realized this would happen. I had to replace the passenger headlight unit last fall because of condensation happening despite trying to find the crack which I couldn't. Should have known it could have killed the bulb early.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traced all wiring in my bumper. All looks good. Went to napa only to get a "were too busy to talk to you" (needless to say I will be discussing this with the manager next time I go) so I ended up going down to orielly and picking up another reverse switch. Fuse stopped blowing after I changed it so guess that was it (again). Question is what keeps killing switches or is offroading really that tough on them.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back and drove it. Filled it up for $2.05/gal at Sam's Club.

When my best friend is in town, she gets to drive it. Only fair, since she gave it to me for free to get it out of their garage.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You still haven't gotten it off?

Come over here. If I can't get it, my husband will.
I tried again with the engine very hot. The only thing I have to show for it are some Third-Degree burns. I also bought a 4lb mallet to try and force the bolt extractor on there. Not much room to swing it, though, and that came up dry as well. The 13mm bolt extractor actually seems just a tad too small. It barely touches the top edges of the bolt head starting out. If it would slide down on it just enough to get a grip I think my troubles would be over. I got the rascal off last February in 8-degree weather. Maybe I should just wait a few months and see if freezing it helps.

I'm thinking of using reverse psychology on it by trying to worry that it might fall off. If I WANTED it to be snug it would probably be rattling around like crazy. :icon_twisted:

I may be out of town for the next few weekends. If nothing good happens by then I may be PMing you for an appointment.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have added that I changed the oil again today. This time I went with Castrol GTX full synthetic 5W-30. If my engine dies I'm going to blame TC. :happy175:

I also went with a Mobile1 heavy duty oil filter, so everyone be sure and tell me that they stink or something. :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online