What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No actual work was done, but I deal seal up 4 Rubicon rims with 245/75/r16 Goodyear Wrangler tires for the jeep. Searching to figure out what lift to put on her.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Accidentally sold my subs today. Needed something loud on a budget of $600 or less to show off at a few shows and hopefully get more customers into my shop. It was ridiculously loud, way to much for the size of a Kj. It did what I needed it to, and not even 10 minutes after I decided to take the subs/box out, I had a random guy come in and offer me almost double what I paid.
You must be registered for see images

Finally, I got my cargo area back and picked up 3mpg.

I also spent 4 hrs removing and reinstalling interior pieces (also replacing clips for trim and panels). Everything vibrated so harshly it was all loose and sounded like the floor in a haunted house. Over the winter I'm going to start the transformation over to a Jeep/Off road/performance fab shop and getting away from the audio, which was the plan when I bought the audio shop. I did scoop up a little something that will be more practical and it's going to be there for awhile. I'll add more pics later, my data is being throttled like crazy. Guess I'll have to use the neighbors wifi for **** from now on.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you beat me by five hours, Atlanta GA to New Sharon Iowa in 14 hrs straight driving. Swore never to do such a stunt like that again either.

Well today, driving to work I get about two miles up the road and when breaking hear a very low growl and almost like a snap kind of. ABS lights lit up again and won't go off. The parking brake which had been working actually the last two weeks is loose and free at the handle. So I'm thinking the parking brake has gone bye bye for good and took the sensor with it to the tropics.

That's what i said about driving from PA to TX...25 hours straight. I had to do that twice. And here I go next month to do it again twice more

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what i said about driving from PA to TX...25 hours straight. I had to do that twice. And here I go next month to do it again twice more

Yeah, I keep saying I'm not going to go straight through...

When I went up, I left late (3:30pm) and stopped around Knoxville. Heading back, though, I was on the road by 7am and within 6 hours of home by 8pm, so I decided it'd be dumb to spend the money on a hotel room.

Next time, though... hotel room. :icon_lol:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I keep saying I'm not going to go straight through...

When I went up, I left late (3:30pm) and stopped around Knoxville. Heading back, though, I was on the road by 7am and within 6 hours of home by 8pm, so I decided it'd be dumb to spend the money on a hotel room.

Next time, though... hotel room. :icon_lol:

Haha once you're in the zone, you can't get out. I left on sunday around 6 after saying goodbye to friends and family all day....drank two 5 hour energy and two 20oz red bulls. Drove the 25, met up with my buddy, went out for beers, and then I could sleep. The beer helped

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday & Today I installed these seats and reinstalled the CB with a slightly different mount.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha once you're in the zone, you can't get out. I left on sunday around 6 after saying goodbye to friends and family all day....drank two 5 hour energy and two 20oz red bulls. Drove the 25, met up with my buddy, went out for beers, and then I could sleep. The beer helped

I've gotten to where when I plan on a long haul I don't drink much of anything. Cuts wwAAAAaayy down on the pit stops.

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find piss breaks break up the drive just right to keep the fatigue down.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday & Today I installed these seats and reinstalled the CB with a slightly different mount.

I installed some just like that - heater control and everything. I also have the dark slate interior but the gray leather seats were the nicest I found. Some leather ones were downright nasty...

Was gonna color them black but I'm now thinking I'll leave them light gray. 'Course if I get bored I may change my mind :gr_grin:

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes the fall touch ups begin, got the rear mounts sanded & brush painted, for extra thickness!
53483[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The undercoating seems to be getting a bit thin every 3-4 years.
Possibly I should get it back for some free touch ups again.:gr_grin:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Shock%20Mount%20Painted.jpg
    Jeep%20Shock%20Mount%20Painted.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 0

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's why I have my wife with me on long road trips. To break up the driving otherwise I'm really bad about doing everything when I just stop for gas. When I drove big rig I used to play a game, I would keep track of cars that pass me, then see if they would pass me again when I would go by a rest area and count how many times the same vehicles would pass me.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went and made sure I could find the valve gizmo. It actually came with some stem cores.

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That's my policy. A pop and a pee at every stop on the turnpike. I'm like a perpetual motion machine. (Or a human funnel.) :icon_lol:

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got p0300 while accelerating from stop light. while in park it idled funny and eventually stalled. lifted the hood, made a face, closed hood. code went away.

jeepinLab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got word that my lift came in already. Cant argue with a less than 24 hour turn around!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
got p0300 while accelerating from stop light. while in park it idled funny and eventually stalled. lifted the hood, made a face, closed hood. code went away.

Must have been some face. Want to come over and stare at the bolt on my serpentine belt tensioner? :blah: :icon_lol: