What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking out the hood is popped - letting the engine compartment dry . The Wheels are Jeep Rubicon Moabs from a TJ. Stronger than Mambas.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
twowings was here
dropped off some parts
and then left
should of seen me getting those parts lifted up :icon_lol:
but they are all mounted

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Your hood looks popped.

Looks good though. Are those wheels Mambas?

That reminds me , I have a Mamba behind the couch I need to move and hide before the wife gets here.
Unless someone wants to buy it for a great price, brand new , never mounted

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
twowings was here
dropped off some parts
and then left
should of seen me getting those parts lifted up :icon_lol:
but they are all mounted
Where are the pictures? :mexsmoke:

PS: That post read like a Haiku. :mexsmoke: :mexsmoke:

That reminds me , I have a Mamba behind the couch...
You talking tire or snake? :mexsmoke: :mexsmoke: :mexsmoke:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know he's not going to post pics that quick! Got to build the suspense. Especially since there are very few out there!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You know he's not going to post pics that quick! Got to build the suspense. Especially since there are very few out there!

Not posting any pics, posted on Facebook for 5 minutes and then deleted the whole post:emotions34:
Good golly don't need the drama
What I pay for something compared to what someone else was quoted is two different things. I find deals, I jump on deals, if you want deals you have to be in the right place at the right time. Some are some aren't so done , be abck on in a few days. a large field is calling my name to mow it in 48 inch swaths:happy175::happy175:
If you want to see the rack, come see it ...........at my house :happy175::happy175::shrug::happy175:
Ok enough BSing
Have a great evening

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped at Home Depot and picked up a few tools with a gift card...and found out the gift card was for more $$ than I thought.

Got an air hammer/chisel with attachments and can't wait to play with it ;)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so wait, the mamba moab knockoffs are weaker than "real" moabs?

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to Butler, PA....

From high atop the world-reknowned Comfort Inn:

You must be registered for see images

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so wait, the mamba moab knockoffs are weaker than "real" moabs?

All ''factory copies'' are made of a cheaper aluminum than the actual OEM. You can get just about any domestic factory copy out there from aftermarket manufacturers that offer them at half the price. When I worked for Bridgestone we sold aftermarket wheels including factory repro's of modern and vintage cars that were half the price of what it would cost from the dealership. For instance you could get a Camaro 20' inch factory wheel for 125 bucks opposed to the 300+ from the dealership. Cheaper price doesn't equate to same quality.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made an appointment for next Sunday to get oil change, tires rotated and balanced, front brakes and rear diff fluid changed.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All ''factory copies'' are made of a cheaper aluminum than the actual OEM. You can get just about any domestic factory copy out there from aftermarket manufacturers that offer them at half the price. When I worked for Bridgestone we sold aftermarket wheels including factory repro's of modern and vintage cars that were half the price of what it would cost from the dealership. For instance you could get a Camaro 20' inch factory wheel for 125 bucks opposed to the 300+ from the dealership. Cheaper price doesn't equate to same quality.

I guess the real question is, how bad are they? Are they good enough for street duties? will they fall apart on trails? I'm thinking of getting dedicated snows this year (more $$$ on tires! it's been a rough year for rubbers) and have been considering getting a set of mamba's since "real" moab's are rarer than demure photos of kim kardashian.