What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark seems to think the holes in the jeep from the factory are wrong. I can't say I disagree with him yet. Since I'm also putting a plow on and it uses the same holes, I'm going to see how it lines up first and go from there.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took the infinity speakers + amps out from the front doors.
Going to get the amps prepped for new speakers.
Looked like there was the mounting plate around the speaker acts as a heat sink. thermal compound between the speaker and the plate.
Think I'll put some heat sinks on the amp.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark seems to think the holes in the jeep from the factory are wrong. I can't say I disagree with him yet. Since I'm also putting a plow on and it uses the same holes, I'm going to see how it lines up first and go from there.

I seriously doubt the factory holes are off that much, although anything is possible. Those are the kinds of spots we use for measuring the frames or unibody with lazer (Genesis) or sound (Shark) measuring systems. My guess without seeing it, would be it has been hit, but from the pics it doesn't look like it. How does your hood fit? Can you see if anyone has moved the fenders in or out at the upper bolts or had a socket on them chipping the paint?

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the OTIS today next up is the remote start. Still have to get down to Leann to pick up the parts she has for me :)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up the plow kit. held the bracket up to the jeep... yea, there's gonna be some tweaking involved.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the factory holes are off that much, although anything is possible. Those are the kinds of spots we use for measuring the frames or unibody with lazer (Genesis) or sound (Shark) measuring systems. My guess without seeing it, would be it has been hit, but from the pics it doesn't look like it. How does your hood fit? Can you see if anyone has moved the fenders in or out at the upper bolts or had a socket on them chipping the paint?

everything looks exactly like it did when it came from the factory.
no signs anything's been messed with.

also if they were/are used for measuring, can you get me those numbers so I can compare?

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think the plan will be...
1) tweak the holes in the jeep so that the backbone mounts properly
2) tweak the holes in the plow bracket so they match up
3) tweak the 3-hole reinforcement plates and/or the plow bracket so that everybody can work together.

I predict some welding will be involved at some point.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything looks exactly like it did when it came from the factory.
no signs anything's been messed with.

also if they were/are used for measuring, can you get me those numbers so I can compare?

Those measurements are in the computers we used. Actually, they were comparative numbers. It measures off an imaginary datum line down the center of the vehicle. You hang your targets off the factory holes/bolts and it would read +/- in millimeters of where it should be. Then you pull until you get as close to zero as possible.

If you can cross measure your upper body with a tape measure, L/R fender bolt to R/F fender bolt and viceversa, you can determine if the top is swung. If the lower unibody is swung, it will generally take the top with it. That is why I said to check your fender bolts to see if they have been moved or holes slotted. The only way to measure the lower frame/unibody without a measuring system, is using a tram gauge or tape measure. Tape measures are tough underneath though. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the moment I'm going to chalk it up to the 07 being a bastard child.
even the fog light relay is in the WRONG body opening!!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh it gets better!
injured my shoulder last night, and my back spasam'ed massively this morning. needing at least a day off to recover. *****.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left it parked till tomorrow. I was almost home yesterday on the highway when I hear a loud whining noise that would change in volume in relation to speed. The noise would also change when applying throttle or letting off of it. This started when I was cruising at 70 mph. The noise wouldn't go away till about 40 mph. Jeep is going back to the shop from whence it was worked on for the 4:10 regear.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about the only good things that happened today are...
got the end mill bits I'll need
revised the plan of attack

seriously doubt this will be done before thanksgiving.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the tail lights have arrived of course as I figured they do have fully different pigtail connections so even with missing one wire for the time I still could not hook them up for just plug and play. I'm going to put them in tomorrow after work. I was going to do it today but the weather turned against me surprise surprise. Saturday I didn't have enough light or any locks to do it. But here they are, I buffed them out pretty good since they looked like they were used and abused heavily. The KJ they came off of must have been really used and traveled out in the Australian Country Side much.

You must be registered for see images attach

Four bulb circuit board.

Reflectors for the sides.

E13 spec code.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the whole loom to come with this not just harness and wiring like I originally planned but had plans to wait to do the final set up. I got the tail lights through a friend in Australia from a Salvage Yard. Like how I got my switch from the UK. I'm going to write down the parts numbers to the tail lights tomorrow and see if they match what I was supposed to get when I ordered from Factory Chrysler Parts. Though I think I have the part number for the wiring loom that would give me full plug and play hook up. I'm going to order that this spring, once the tail lights are in for now I'm going to put this project to the side and do more research since I think all I have to do is put in the full brake lamp loom, then flash the BCM to get actual rear fog lamps. For now the rear fogs will be converted to run as a second set of tail lamps. that I just need to modify the bulb going in. Other wise left alone I'll have permanent running rear fogs and thats not good.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These came off an 07 Gas model if I remember right. I used gumtree.com.au and then had my friend in the area get them for me since there are some salvage yards on there. Now if you want the non clear turn signals Factory Chrysler Parts has them, which I listed the part numbers earlier back on this thread.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New backup & work lights

You must be registered for see images

Plenty bright enough for backup and work lights. I have them aimed toward the ground or they would easily light up the house across the street. Not bad for flood lights.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a proof of concept amp test with my pa speaker. Two t-splicers and half an hour short of finishing it off

Latest posts

Members online