What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed the tail gate glass switch was broken after cleanning it up

After cleaning it up from 2 weeks a deer camp, I noticed that my tailgate glass doesn't close any more and diagnosed it as a faulty switch ..... guess I'll call the dealer and order the part

Mopar CENAD160

tailgate latch doesn't open / close properly wityh handle, but latch works with remote

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeep's at the body shop again.
going to be there longer than promised originally too, because reasons.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link to the bulbs you used?

Bought them from aaroncarled on eBay the backups are the 80w projectors. And I just ordered a set in red for the brake lights.

The 3rd brake light is an IPCW (only company I know that makes one), shop around you'll find them for less than a lot of sites list them for.

Last edited:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB bumper arrived yesterday.(in a big friggin box)
Weather permitting,installing today.

Gyro

Weather permitted.
Still have to trim the inner fender and mount the dually's.

Gyro

Last edited by a moderator:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that third tail light (I smoked mine...who needs light output from up there...??! :smokin:)

On another note...I drove my Jeep to my job this morning...to get a promotion!!! :party36:

Congrats on the promotion! That one is smoked :happy175: beats the faded red one that was on there.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it home from the shop with the interior panels in place properly and a brand new hitch installed.

now to take it off and get the recall done. :D

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lost front springs were shipped over night thanks to Marlin at JBA. But, since they showed up in the afternoon, there was no time for my mechanic to get them done today. Since he isn't open on weekends, I will have to wait until Monday to pick them up.

So, since the front end is in pieces, I decided to tackle the rear. No problem getting the coils and shocks off, but I can see getting the much longer rear springs in is going to be a challenge. I also added a closeup pic of one of the new isolators in place. I assume this is correct.....

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My lost front springs were shipped over night thanks to Marlin at JBA. But, since they showed up in the afternoon, there was no time for my mechanic to get them done today. Since he isn't open on weekends, I will have to wait until Monday to pick them up.

So, since the front end is in pieces, I decided to tackle the rear. No problem getting the coils and shocks off, but I can see getting the much longer rear springs in is going to be a challenge. I also added a closeup pic of one of the new isolators in place. I assume this is correct.....

Oh no.....Tie that front spindle up and don't let it hang like that
bad on brake lines etc
Of course I always remove the caliper to give my self extra room,( takes 20 seconds )

Jack up one side and install the spring on the other or place stock jack on the side you want to spread apart and throw it in ( jack against frame and caliper )
Oh and remove the sway bar and toss it, makes it easier as well, plus its not really a sway bar and does nothing

Last edited:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I unbolted the brake lines at the fender apron. You just cant see it in the pic, but there is no pressure on it. Also, the small jack is keeping pressure on the lower control arm. But since they are going to sit like that for at least 3 days, I will probably wire them up with some welding wire or zip ties.

Since you are here, what is your favorite way to install the rear springs? I know you are against spring compressors.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack up one side and install the spring on the other or place stock jack on the side you want to spread apart and throw it in ( jack against frame and caliper )
Oh and remove the sway bar and toss it, makes it easier as well, plus its not really a sway bar and does nothing

Since you are here, what is your favorite way to install the rear springs? I know you are against spring compressors.

Note Tom's paragraph - he's referring to the rear axle spring swap.

When you push one side up it opens up the other side so you can slip in the spring. The other trick is to use the KJ's bottle jack between the frame rail and the lower control arm to open up that side. Pop in the spring and move to the other side.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, I unbolted the brake lines at the fender apron. You just cant see it in the pic, but there is no pressure on it. Also, the small jack is keeping pressure on the lower control arm. But since they are going to sit like that for at least 3 days, I will probably wire them up with some welding wire or zip ties.

Don't need spring compressors for the rear
You can install them like I mentioned in the other post, heck 4 inch springs go in easy the same way.

Latest posts

Members online