What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
added clevis the get my height back. took a pic right after letting it down.

rockymountain-albums-more-pics-picture5371-clevisnov2014.jpg

Very nice.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Jeep with a brand new DTT. Holy traction.... Tried to do a burnout in a dirt parking lot. Instead it just launched me with barely any slipping. :signs6: Next on the list rear upper control arm and gas tank brackets.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a coworker out on a job in Boulder right now. He is not a happy camper lol with all the snow.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new matrix bumper. Also installed solid rear diff cover. Both were a bit tricky. The matrix didn't seem to come with enought large bolts. The solid diff cover was a pain mostly cause of where it is but it was tricky lining up all the new bolts.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Jeep with a brand new DTT. Holy traction.... Tried to do a burnout in a dirt parking lot. Instead it just launched me with barely any slipping. :signs6: Next on the list rear upper control arm and gas tank brackets.

I cant wait to get my DTT's, i'm putting one in the front and rear, never again will I have to deal with the POS esp/abs system trying to get me killed in traffic.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've had the OME lift from JBA for a few days now, and thought today was a good day to get it installed. So, I put the Jeep in my shop and started tearing into the front end. After renting spring compressors, I got the right front spring/shock off and went looking for the new 926 springs..............but they were nowhere to be found. :shrug:

I was going nuts looking for them so I decided to call Marlin at JBA. He called the distributor in California, and it seems they were never shipped with the other springs and shocks according to the package weight. It was 51 lbs and should have been closer to 80 lb's. So, my KJ sits in the shop waiting for the new springs. On a good note, the guy that rented me the spring compressors gave my money back when I told him what happened. But that's what I did to my KJ today. :party52:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I've had the OME lift from JBA for a few days now, and thought today was a good day to get it installed. So, I put the Jeep in my shop and started tearing into the front end. After renting spring compressors, I got the right front spring/shock off and went looking for the new 926 springs..............but they were nowhere to be found. :shrug:

I was going nuts looking for them so I decided to call Marlin at JBA. He called the distributor in California, and it seems they were never shipped with the other springs and shocks according to the package weight. It was 51 lbs and should have been closer to 80 lb's. So, my KJ sits in the shop waiting for the new springs. On a good note, the guy that rented me the spring compressors gave my money back when I told him what happened. But that's what I did to my KJ today. :party52:

HIGHLY suggest just taking your springs to a shop to have them compressed . Now would be a good time to go through everything to make sure rest of it is there. Too bad on the 926s

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, what's the big deal on the springs? I don't like doing them, but have done them before on other vehicles.
The local Les Schwab wouldn't touch them saying they don't touch anything having to do with a lift. I know a couple of good mechanic shops I can take them to. But will just tie my Jeep up even longer.
I did check and everything else appears to be there.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, what's the big deal on the springs? I don't like doing them, but have done them before on other vehicles.
The local Les Schwab wouldn't touch them saying they don't touch anything having to do with a lift. I know a couple of good mechanic shops I can take them to. But will just tie my Jeep up even longer.
I did check and everything else appears to be there.

The springs you got are monsters. Unless you are borrowing a hydraulic spring compressor that you bolt to the workbench... for your own safety take it to someplace that has one. We would like you to keep posting here :)

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs you got are monsters. Unless you are borrowing a hydraulic spring compressor that you bolt to the workbench... for your own safety take it to someplace that has one. We would like you to keep posting here :)

Thanks for the headsup! I will take them to my mechanic. I just retired a few weeks ago and want to live to enjoy it. :favorites13:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh & here I was thinking all this time DTT meant ...Definitely Total Traction !!
ha ha..never mind..:icon_lol:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB bumper arrived yesterday.(in a big friggin box)
Weather permitting,installing today.

Gyro

Last edited by a moderator:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIGHLY suggest just taking your springs to a shop to have them compressed . Now would be a good time to go through everything to make sure rest of it is there. Too bad on the 926s

You must be registered for see images

I have a set of these. you saying they're not going to be strong enough?
edit: I have the 927 springs.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I have a set of these. you saying they're not going to be strong enough?
edit: I have the 927 springs.

Had one guy who we were doing a lift for was too cheap to pay to have a shop compress them. He had a set of those, about 1/3 of the way to have the springs compressed one started bending. He walked away and wouldn't even take it back off :happy175: I seen them used on another lift but was scary, PLUS the fact that after you have them compressed enough its a bi*** to get the "fingers" out of the springs. Over 30 lifts on KJs and I'll be lazy and still take them to a shop. Plus watching my buddy being fed soup for years from head injuries when one of those broke years ago made me leary enough to never want to live the same way