What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost was totaled.

My light turned green. I waited my personal 3 sec waiting period, then started to go. I was turning left, but onlyy my side had a green. The Ram next to me started to go straight, when I caught movement out of the corner of my left eye. Slammed on the brakes and a woman in a hatchback screamed through the intersection without even an attempt to stop. Laid on the horn, as did the Ram. On the other side of the intersection, she hit the brakes for about 2 secs then continued on.

Oh, yeah - she went through the intersection going about 55-60. The speed limit is 40.

I wish the cop hadn't gone through the light 3 mins before :(

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost was totaled...

Yikes! :icon_eek:

Had something similar happen to me last Thursday. While making a left-hand turn at a "T" intersection a lady ran through the light at high speed and would have T-Boned me had I not been watching. I basically swerved over so I was heading for the oncoming traffic which fortunately was stopped while my left-turn arrow was green. Besides scaring the crap out of me it probably scared the poor soul I ended up almost nose-to-nose with.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Same thing here. I go down to the stop lights where its easier to make the left hand turn when I leave work. Well some people tend to forget there is a left turn only light at the intersection. Well of course I got the green left turn arrow and took off, well a Big Rig felt he was more important than me who had right of way. I belted the horn and kept going forcing him to slam the brakes because I was 3 quarters out with cars behind me. They need a no turn on red sign at that intersection.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate when people forget it is actually right on red AFTER you stop. I see that one all the time. Witnessed lots of close calls because of that one.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Same thing here. I go down to the stop lights where its easier to make the left hand turn when I leave work. Well some people tend to forget there is a left turn only light at the intersection. Well of course I got the green left turn arrow and took off, well a Big Rig felt he was more important than me who had right of way. I belted the horn and kept going forcing him to slam the brakes because I was 3 quarters out with cars behind me. They need a no turn on red sign at that intersection.

Happens all the time to us. We have to make a U turn to get to our house from the northbound side of the road. We get a green arrow there.

Hubby almost was hit by a cop there...because he, like everyone else, started turning right on red without stopping and without looking anywhere but left.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm from Maryland too. We have one of those intersections where many will make a U-turn on the left turn arrow. There are always accidents there others going right on red while people are making their u-turn on green. Must be common in "the old line state".

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm from Maryland too. We have one of those intersections where many will make a U-turn on the left turn arrow. There are always accidents there others going right on red while people are making their u-turn on green. Must be common in "the old line state".

Yeah, the drivers here suck.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA UCA's came today.
along with a DVD I didn't order.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA UCA's came today.
along with a DVD I didn't order.

The Jesus one? :icon_twisted:

Well, attempted to change out my u-joints, but they ain't budging. Managed to smash my finger with a hammer in the process. Will try again in the morning when the swelling goes down and my pride and ego heal. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CzarKJ: what do you think of the 4xguard skids. good value?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
profdlp
is the man !!!
Asked him if he was in the area to check out a possible new addition to the fleet
He went out/drove it/ took pictures/ did a write up etc
NOW that my friends is service !!!

Thanks buddy owe ya one !!!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time to us. We have to make a U turn to get to our house from the northbound side of the road. We get a green arrow there.

Hubby almost was hit by a cop there...because he, like everyone else, started turning right on red without stopping and without looking anywhere but left.

That really does burn me to no end, especially when its a left arrow having gone red and five cars run it flat out. Don't know how many cars I've nearly t-boned or got t-boned because of that.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Jesus one? :icon_twisted:

Well, attempted to change out my u-joints, but they ain't budging. Managed to smash my finger with a hammer in the process. Will try again in the morning when the swelling goes down and my pride and ego heal. :D

I tried the hammer and socket method and gave up, rented one of those big c clamp style ball joint presses and that did the trick.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. I figure if I'm going to spend crazy money on the jeep this year, might as well get crazy. :D