What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tossed on a cheap set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's. They are just 32's so a bit small for the lift. I wanted to get rid of those horrible SRA's as fast as possible before winter hit though. Figure it'll be a mid winter before I've gotten all 5 of the 35's ordered since I'm doing them one at a time.

Tires seem alright for what they are. Nothing special about them what-so-ever but they will get the job done.

You must be registered for see images attach

I thought about making a hover Jeep.. Couldn't find a flux capacitor that would work though.

Is that just a scissor jack under the back without jack stands? O_O

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that just a scissor jack under the back without jack stands? O_O

Yes sir..My 4'th Jack stand some how got set in a part of the garage with a leak so there was a puddle in that corner and it was rusted like crazy so I couldn't get it to budge. Ended up using the factory jack (2 of them actually there) along with the floor jack while I rotated out those tires..

Wasn't the safest/smartest thing to do, but I've had to use even more ghetto set ups while on the trail before.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir..My 4'th Jack stand some how got set in a part of the garage with a leak so there was a puddle in that corner and it was rusted like crazy so I couldn't get it to budge. Ended up using the factory jack (2 of them actually there) along with the floor jack while I rotated out those tires..

Wasn't the safest/smartest thing to do, but I've had to use even more ghetto set ups while on the trail before.

Hey man...you're not the one who put a bottle jack through the bottom of your Jeep so I think you're ok. :ROFLJest:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bad luck gremlins have hit me. Condensation has appeared again.... Not thrilled, 8mm spacers are just a tad too wide to run without extention needed. Open ended lug nuts despite being short were just a little too big. So I put the regular lug nuts back on and then put my new black caps over them. Im going to be due for an oil change in about 1000 miles so new studs ordered by then. Still hate having to type from my phone. The 8mm spacers are exactly the width I am looking for.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Marty, Glad u got rid of the SRA all slip radials...
Probably two jeep jacks...ahh.. they like to bend causing many bad days.
If you want a real heavy/thick steel scissor jack..that can stand up tall even to lifted jeeps, go to the junkyard and find a '87- 2500 pick up jack. They also have a large bearing on the end (round thing) that makes it easy to turn on heavier rigs!
I got one of these..sorry for bad pic, too lazy to shoot a real pic of mine..
50689[/ATTACH]"]

This is the photo of mine in back of JY 87 2500-PU/truck
50691[/ATTACH]"]

They don't make them like they use to !!

Attachments

• Gm2500Jack-1.jpg
    Gm2500Jack-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ScissorJackGMC.jpg
    ScissorJackGMC.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a set of wrangler duratracs (245/75/16) paid 660 to get them to my door...much better than the lowest price of 850 i was quoted.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a set of wrangler duratracs (245/75/16) paid 660 to get them to my door...much better than the lowest price of 850 i was quoted.

Where did you order? So far Tirerack is the cheapest I've found but I haven't really searched to hard yet.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you order? So far Tirerack is the cheapest I've found but I haven't really searched to hard yet.

4wd.com i used the coupon code "ju4wddis1", that and i picked up the phone and ordered the old fashioned way (shipping was free not 80 bucks). they list the price as 172 a piece but the coupon code drops it to 163, they also price match so you could probably get them to match tireracks price. mavis gets 162 a piece for c rated.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4wd.com i used the coupon code "ju4wddis1", that and i picked up the phone and ordered the old fashioned way (shipping was free not 80 bucks). they list the price as 172 a piece but the coupon code drops it to 163, they also price match so you could probably get them to match tireracks price. mavis gets 162 a piece for c rated.

Hmmmmm! I might give that a shot and see how much I can get a set of 315/70r17's for. So far the cheapest I've found is $292

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some lucky KJ owner from Indiana is coming to Ohio to have this installed Friday ! I have to get it painted by then but ......should turn out pretty good

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Power steering fluid flushed. No wonder it groaned when cold. I didn't help it any when I added ATF 4. I did some checking and mine was the pre AtF -4 it takes the Mopar MS-5931 regular power steering fluid.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to go back to the tire shop. vibrations.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm! I might give that a shot and see how much I can get a set of 315/70r17's for. So far the cheapest I've found is $292
I've got a pair of 315/35-17 Nitto's off the back of my Mustang that I'll sell you for the price of shipping!
C'mon...they'd look AWESOME on the new rig! LOL! :happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::

Replaced the Serpentine belt. Napa checked the pulley size and gave me a 86 3/8" belt - fits tight as in no wiggle room at all. Maybe a little too tight. Don't think it's the right one. Now I find that there are two more additional sizes for the KJ 87 1/4 & 87 1/2.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled apart the passenger side suspension in record time. Then fought with the cvs. Got it all apart just to have the seal of all things not comply. Tried using a seal remover tool. Bent it. Tried a slide hammer. Bent the seal but won't budge. Tomorrow morning.... I will be cutting relief cuts and ripping that POS apart!