What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I need to replace the radiator cap. could smell coolant. found staining from the cap down the radiator. I bet it'd never been removed since the jeep rolled out of the plant!

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure that wont buff right out? :icon_lol:
Just kiddin..sorry to hear you had an oopsie.
Ya an ARB would be great, It wold be like hitting a pop can.
Even with my re-enforced Setina Push Bar, At that speed the car would have taken a real "journey" :gr_grin:

From the rear you don't even notice it :happy175:
I just hope it's another forty years before my next bender.

Gyro

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious Pat ....did you get home and literally peel/rip the plastic skin without to much attention to detail... like I would have LOL
I mean after all, it is kinda fubar already right...!!:icon_lol:
Actually I think this would be a good opportunity do get some real steel welded in there. I might even call my bud at the welding shop and make my own bumper at that point!
Would I be correct to assume that you may use insurance $ though to get it fixed up & with an ARB this time I assume..?? :party52:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No actually I removed them with loving care and washed them with tears.
Then threw them in the garbage.
I got a replacement grill today,so just need a grill support and crossmember.
The lights on the bumper did most of the damage to the grill and support.
Don't have collision so it's out of pocket for my repairs.
Now would be a good time for that bumper mod Tom mentioned to go live.
Would give me a few more options.

Gyro

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What Bumper Mod? trimming or...?? Have not kept up on front bumpers lately.
I was checking out Rock Lizzard & their new KJ Rock Monitor Convertible Winch Bumper though.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What Bumper Mod? trimming or...?? Have not kept up on front bumpers lately.
I was checking out Rock Lizzard & their new KJ Rock Monitor Convertible Winch Bumper though.

No my front bumper to match the rear, getting tire carrier finished first then onto front bumper :emotions34:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No my front bumper to match the rear, getting tire carrier finished first then onto front bumper :emotions34:

I was thinking the of the mod(brackets) to fit Wrangler bumpers to a KJ.
If it's still in the works.

@Libertytc,those RL bumpers are nice too, but RL is not taking International orders at this time.

Gyro

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Marty does ship to Canada. What's Up? I know it takes time to get ahead on his production though.
I have noticed a few Members mounting the wrangler bumpers.
I also saw on JBA's site this lightweight brush guard ..anyone tried this whats the deal on this thing?
I dont see any mounting instructions for it either. Only mounts into tow hooks with no other supports??
Jeep Liberty KJ Brush Guard mounting platform
Looks a bit pricy for what it is ?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Marty does ship to Canada. What's Up? I know it takes time to get ahead on his production though.
I have noticed a few Members mounting the wrangler bumpers.
I also saw on JBA's site this lightweight brush guard ..anyone tried this whats the deal on this thing?
I dont see any mounting instructions for it either. Only mounts into tow hooks with no other supports??
Jeep Liberty KJ Brush Guard mounting platform
Looks a bit pricy for what it is ?

I ran the matrix Brush Guard for a while, good strong mounting points more than just mounting to tow hook locations , sitting in my garage

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking the of the mod(brackets) to fit Wrangler bumpers to a KJ.
If it's still in the works.

@Libertytc,those RL bumpers are nice too, but RL is not taking International orders at this time.

Gyro

They are almost finished, couple of modifications being done to them and then...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm..instead of the JK bumper....
I wonder with those mounts if you could use a solid iron I beam! (ha ha)...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front brakes are done. $79.88 in parts. Several hours of my labor. Bled the entire system too, as that brake fluid looked more like USED MOTOR OIL in color than brake fluid!
Rear will be some time next year I suspect.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it for a spirited Sunday ride. Just a cruise but made some 4500RPM launches. Hadn't driven it at all last week as I was diagnosing an issue with the daughter's Suby. Week before I drove it all week and put about 400miles on the KJ. Still haven't changed my noisy lash adjuster but so sporadic. Sonnax is working nicely but still have a small but pesky ****** leak when I park nose up (new pan and all). Next time RTV instead of a gasket.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it a wash, goodies arrived Friday but internet is down. Going to put the spacers on tomorrow after work. Also strangely after I left the headlight bulb out all day then put back in, no more condensation.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something terrible happened on the passenger side. Thinking the intermediate axle bearing died. Hell of a noise. Going to limp to the shop in the morning.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front rotors and pads. The drivers side one of the pads lost all the ceramic while going downhill in traffic. Talk about a lot of crunching noise as the rotor and pad back chewed each other up. Limped it home using the pb and light breaking. All the other pads looked good with lots of meat on them. Never had a pad do this before.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hooked up the 6X10 enclosed and went to my old place to mow grass, pick up some more stuff I still have there. Even found some more KJ/KK parts :shrug:forgot I had them :icon_lol:
330-340 miles of sitting at about 3000/3200 rpm doing 70 or so with over drive off . Played with a XJ for a while coming through one town, don't think he expected someone with a KJ pulling a trailer to beat him from light to light:happy175:, plus he would of **** his pants if he knew it was packed floor to ceiling

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tossed on a cheap set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's. They are just 32's so a bit small for the lift. I wanted to get rid of those horrible SRA's as fast as possible before winter hit though. Figure it'll be a mid winter before I've gotten all 5 of the 35's ordered since I'm doing them one at a time.

Tires seem alright for what they are. Nothing special about them what-so-ever but they will get the job done.

You must be registered for see images attach

I thought about making a hover Jeep.. Couldn't find a flux capacitor that would work though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: