What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. My cousin is a brick mason, doing the install. I'm doing the back breaking part of getting the materials, mixing the mortar, and delivering the buckets of mortar and the stone to them.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...... New rear pads, e-brake shoes, rotors, drivers rear calliper and both front bearings. Getting to know this machine quite intimately. Been under my Jeep more then my wife lately!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 big ass 38mm socket, one 1/2" drive socket wrench, and a brandy new transfer case position sensor: done. (biggthumpup)

Just an O2 sensor away from inspection.

Last edited:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually apparently it affects engine torque in 4-LO. Go figure.

Hmmm....I have always heard that it doesn't affect any driveability, which never really made sense to me... If that were the case, why there would be a switch or light or code...but I followed the wisdom of those who know more about these things than I. :shrug:

I haven't ever noticed a difference. Guess I need to spend more time in 4-lo! :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually apparently it affects engine torque in 4-LO. Go figure.

How? The only thing I could think off is if you have the ESP/ABS it would normally disable that stuff in 4LO but if the sensor is bad it wouldn't work out. Just curious I guess!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....I have always heard that it doesn't affect any driveability, which never really made sense to me... If that were the case, why there would be a switch or light or code...but I followed the wisdom of those who know more about these things than I. :shrug:

I haven't ever noticed a difference. Guess I need to spend more time in 4-lo! :gr_grin:

Me neither. :shrug: 4-LO has always had enough torque for my taste!

How? The only thing I could think off is if you have the ESP/ABS it would normally disable that stuff in 4LO but if the sensor is bad it wouldn't work out. Just curious I guess!

TJKJ once said it. Obviously his word is law :happy175:

Edit: found where I heard it first:

It actually does. In low range, it sends a signal to the ecm to change the timing and fuel trims to increase low end torque.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

TJKJ confirmed it in another thread.

Last edited:

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove 13 hours in the car...picked up dog from sitter in Liberty...lowered windows...bang!....replaced passenger rear window bracket. 2 down 2 to go.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been busy past two days...
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Front and rear diffs done tonight, found 11 bottles of diff fluid packed away, wondered what was in that box when I moved it :shrug::emotions34:

chenzo

Reaction score
Help

Spent the weekend wrenching on my '04 libby. Brakes, rotate tires and the dreaded passenger side valve cover gasket. All went well, until I tried to start it. No bueno. It sounds like a starter issue, but what are the chances of the starter going at the time I'm doing all this other work. I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop with the premise of getting the transmission flushed and having them look at the front end to determine "whirring, howling" noise.
I figure it's either the CV axles or the wheel hubs, want a professional confirmation before I order the parts to do it myself.

Also painted the new crossbars with black undercoating.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend wrenching on my '04 libby. Brakes, rotate tires and the dreaded passenger side valve cover gasket. All went well, until I tried to start it. No bueno. It sounds like a starter issue, but what are the chances of the starter going at the time I'm doing all this other work. I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything...

Reconnect the battery...:shrug:

(Just kidding...)

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop with the premise of getting the transmission flushed and having them look at the front end to determine "whirring, howling" noise.
I figure it's either the CV axles or the wheel hubs, want a professional confirmation before I order the parts to do it myself.

Also painted the new crossbars with black undercoating.

I've got an oddball whirring noise that occurs at speeds of 55-60 mph that's it. It only happens when the accelerator is applied or if I do hard braking otherwise coasting there is no noise with or without the clutch engaged.

Members online

No members online now.