What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires and PlastiDipped the rims and all the emblems except for the "Trail Rated" badge. Pics tomorrow when the sun is better.

Hopefully my poor aching back will be better too. :(

Some folks don't understand why I'm sore after working on my KJ. It can be hard physical labor, can't it? ;)

Bob

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dragged my trailer to the shop today to get my new fenders installed. I broke the other (prototype) fenders in two outings! I told them I'd trail test this thing! :icon_twisted: New upgraded fenders are steel instead of aluminum...should hold up much better.

Oh...and I rotated my tires on my way home tonight...Well..."I" didn't...the guys at Discount Tire do that crap for me! :gr_grin:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Some folks don't understand why I'm sore after working on my KJ. It can be hard physical labor, can't it? ;)

Bob
I lift weights three days a week and do cardio the other four. Nothing wimpy when it comes to the weights, either. I am still slowly burning off a few extra pounds I accumulated my senior year, but overall I am in pretty good shape. Right now I feel like I'm 100 years old. Oh, and tomorrow is Back & Biceps day... :sad72:

...and I rotated my tires on my way home tonight...Well..."I" didn't...the guys at Discount Tire do that crap for me! :gr_grin:

Tell the boys I'll be by in about 3,000 miles. I'm not sure I'd live through another one.

(I'll probably feel different about it by tomorrow.) ;)

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lift weights three days a week and do cardio the other four. Nothing wimpy when it comes to the weights, either. I am still slowly burning off a few extra pounds I accumulated my senior year, but overall I am in pretty good shape. Right now I feel like I'm 100 years old. Oh, and tomorrow is Back & Biceps day... :sad72:
Nothing quite like a bad back. I ruptured a disc 23 years ago. MRI & CT Scans showed other issues from my younger days. I was told then that there was a 50% chance of making it better or worse with surgery. They wouldn't know for sure until they were in there. I said no. Been living with it since then. Unfortunately, I took a desk job 12 years ago, and it's been downhill ever since.

Keep up the good work! I have to get started on it soon..before I fall over dead AND in pain! :freak3:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing quite like a bad back. I ruptured a disc 23 years ago. MRI & CT Scans showed other issues from my younger days. I was told then that there was a 50% chance of making it better or worse with surgery. They wouldn't know for sure until they were in there. I said no...
Same here, at just about the same time. I was actually sitting in the doctor's waiting room to schedule the surgery. I picked up a magazine to pass the time and read an article stating that 50% of the people having that surgery required a follow-up surgery withing five years. I had talked myself into doing it, just to get the problem over with once and for all. The realization that it was a coin flip as to whether I'd be back in there doing it all over made me tell the doctor I wanted to think about it some more. Ended up never going back. A week later I bought a cheapo weight set and started doing what I could. Within six months I was fine. :D

...original comment...
PM me with it. I hate missing anything... ;)

Last edited:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Within six months I was fine. :D
That's awesome! I worked hard for several years to keep in shape, and did pretty well for the most part. But even then, the back and nerve pain was always there...but mostly tolerable. The last 10-12 years behind the desk have killed me though. I will require surgery, so it's just a matter of when. I'm getting close. Ugh...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The past three years in school took their toll. I've been back to consistent workouts since February and have still not regained the flexibility I had in my quads and hamstrings. They shortened up from sitting in a chair for fifteen hours a day and don't want to loosen back up.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad knees,( motorcycles) bad back ( fridge fell out of the back of a semi on me 28 years ago, same thing wanted to operate but I declined) Now almost 60 / over weight and still do whatever needs done including rotating tires.:shrug:
NO ONE touches my baby except my alignment guy:icon_twisted::happy175:
and well maybe Bob or John when they ride in it:ROFLJest:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only thing I allow anyone to do is align/rotate/balance my tires. I do everything else. I have never put a vehicle in the shop...ever. that may change someday...when they finally rip that wrench from my cold dead hands. Lol!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its here, big brown truck dropped off a 65 lb box

3 bolts missing, heading to Lowes

Seriously it was missing 3 bolts? I'm so sorry, I hadn't even opened it or anything to check if everything was there before sending it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously it was missing 3 bolts? I'm so sorry, I hadn't even opened it or anything to check if everything was there before sending it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a problem at all, nothing to worry about. If I had everything unpacked I more than likely have the bolts, but right now can't lay my hands on them. Missing the one that holds the end of the line and a couple of others. Was heading that way to get some but a neighbor needed help so maybe tomorrow. Have it sitting on there ( of course :happy175:)

Members online

No members online now.