What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How easy was it? I've got front Monroe Quick-Struts and rear KYB shocks to install once my shoulder's a little better. My rear springs seem okay, unlike the fronts.

Way easy.
Didn't have to undo the top ball joint,or the caliper,just separate the clevis from the shock(while it's tight at the top mount) remove bottom bolt slide it off the shoulder, wack it down a bit with a hammer so you can get a small chisel in to spread the clamp and it falls right out.
Didn't really need to compress the rears much either.
If you're changing fronts I'd do the rears to.

I should mention this is on my 06 Renegade.(as I changed to hd's on the 07 last week)

Gyro

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front struts were recently replaced before I got my Libby, seems there was quite a bit of front end work done I just finished it with new wheel hubs. Both struts are new as are the springs but the felt a little soft to me, then again I'm used to performance suspensions which are stiff. I'm still learning about my Libby as I go so now comes my favorite part which I started was suspension tweaking to my liking.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way easy.
Didn't have to undo the top ball joint,or the caliper,just separate the clevis from the shock(while it's tight at the top mount) remove bottom bolt slide it off the shoulder, wack it down a bit with a hammer so you can get a small chisel in to spread the clamp and it falls right out.
Didn't really need to compress the rears much either.
If you're changing fronts I'd do the rears to.

I should mention this is on my 06 Renegade.(as I changed to hd's on the 07 last week)

Gyro

Hmm. Might have to get a set, then. It does sound easier than the book makes it out - thanks.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and visited her at the body shop and she's getting all new OEM parts in the rear except for the new Duratrac. She's going to have a good looking rear end when she gets out of the body shop. Ooops better not say that around the wife she already thinks I care about all my rides more then her (Knott) LOL no I really do love her the wife that is.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new Hercules Tera Trac AT2 on today in a 31". They look awesome with the new JBA lift. Jeep no longer looks like a roller skate with those stock tires! Lol.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new bumper put on. Still waiting on the stinger portion and I currently have a 12,000lb winch that just shipped that will be added as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know EXACTLY where those pictures were taken.

In front of my house lol I live in the waveland area. We have a shared driveway with the neighbor so usually there is no room for my GF's Clubman and my Jeep without blocking so the neighbors can't get in or out. Hate parking in the street though. Luckily I don't have anything in it worth stealing.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way easy.

cardhu-albums-phase-1-picture2757-red-mark-16-inches-old-vs-top-plate-added-new.jpg

Right at bottom of picture, spread the clevis by flipping bolt into threaded end first and shove a wrench in the oposite side to get it wider. Either way works but goes back on a lot easier.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In front of my house lol I live in the waveland area. We have a shared driveway with the neighbor so usually there is no room for my GF's Clubman and my Jeep without blocking so the neighbors can't get in or out. Hate parking in the street though. Luckily I don't have anything in it worth stealing.

Biggest thing I always hated about parking in the street is that some stupid drunk is going to pull a hit and run.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
cardhu-albums-phase-1-picture2757-red-mark-16-inches-old-vs-top-plate-added-new.jpg

Right at bottom of picture, spread the clevis by flipping bolt into threaded end first and shove a wrench in the oposite side to get it wider. Either way works but goes back on a lot easier.

Interesting, have never had to do that on any we've done
Heard of a couple of people breaking theirs that way though

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Cleaned the snow off of it... eek2.gif
And bought it new wiper blades.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Taking mine to go look at some 02-04 KJs!!!
Found two black ones and a tan/sand colored ( last one has 56,000 miles, original owner)
Step Dad has come to the conclusion that the S10 Blazer he bought new in 1994 is in need of retirement. Since he's 84 he doesn't think he needs a new one so used KJ it is !!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to jump my '99 Safari (rod knock but good ******) so I could move it into the yard next to my '00 Astro (great motor, burned ******) so I can start the transfer process.

Latest posts

Members online