What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got him back today after he spent the whole day with some caretaker ;) SOOOO good to have a great suspension and a liftkit :). Plus, they gave me the old one, but didn't tell me so once at home when I went in the trunk I found 2 box of broken suspension, no idea what I will do with that.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoy!

...Plus, they gave me the old one, but didn't tell me so once at home when I went in the trunk I found 2 box of broken suspension, no idea what I will do with that.

Plenty of suckers on eBay! :fish_h4h:

(That's a joke, son. A joke.) ;)

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to put it into 4wd only to have it make some weird grinding sound and i had almost no traction.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Where are the pics :D

What lift did you go with?

Got BDS 2" and swapped the front shock with bilstein. I would have gone with the OME but I don't have a credit card large enough to order it XD and...pic pic pic :D

Last edited by a moderator:

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not afraid to get it dirty, I see. Good! :D :driver:

Is it wintertime up there...?? :laughing1:

Nice looking lift. Enjoy! :waytogo:

Bob

Yup winter it is :) between -30 and -40 at work since last week...it's dead cold, and pro, over here it's not even worth it to wash during winter. We can't use salt anymore on the road because of the impact on river and lake, we now use rough sand so the road are made of slush and mud. I probably wont wash him until the end of april or may.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it was a very nice day out today(60 degrees) washed it,waxed it,checked everything,filled up the gas tank,and parked it since it is now retired to a weekend warrior and extreme bad weather only vehicle.Picking up the new DD,going to take a lot of getting used to since it will feel like my butt is dragging on the ground.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd my butt feels like it's dragging the ground because I don't have a SFA like you do. Gotta so do that one day.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just prayed to the gods of 4x4 on my way home. Unplowed highway left lane getting as far away from all the cars doing 10mph in the right lane. Nasty out there!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just prayed to the gods of 4x4 on my way home. Unplowed highway left lane getting as far away from all the cars doing 10mph in the right lane. Nasty out there!

I know the feeling. It's like trying to run across a shooting gallery. You feel like everyone out there is lining you up for a good clear shot at ya... :icon_eek:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got him back today after he spent the whole day with some caretaker ;) SOOOO good to have a great suspension and a liftkit :). Plus, they gave me the old one, but didn't tell me so once at home when I went in the trunk I found 2 box of broken suspension, no idea what I will do with that.

Sell it to a scrap metal place. That's what my friend did with all of my old parts. I gave them to him as a thank you for letting me use his garage and tools. Your Jeep looks much better now with some added ground clearance. It's also a little easier to find in the parking lot now.:happy107:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it was a very nice day out today(60 degrees) washed it,waxed it,checked everything,filled up the gas tank,and parked it since it is now retired to a weekend warrior and extreme bad weather only vehicle.Picking up the new DD,going to take a lot of getting used to since it will feel like my butt is dragging on the ground.

So tell us: What's the new DD?

Bob