What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopped in the Liberty today to fill up the gas tank when i suddenly noticed the blinkers didnt work anymore. They worked when i parked it, so thats odd. I changed the flasher fuse (#11) and turn lights (#19). Still no dice. Anyone have any ideas on what to check next. I really dont fancy a ticket or a crash. Thanks

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the running and head lights?

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Hopped in the Liberty today to fill up the gas tank when i suddenly noticed the blinkers didnt work anymore. They worked when i parked it, so thats odd. I changed the flasher fuse (#11) and turn lights (#19). Still no dice. Anyone have any ideas on what to check next. I really dont fancy a ticket or a crash. Thanks
Check if the emergency lights work if they don’t then proceed to checking the blinker flasher which is integrated to the emergency light button on the dash. When my blinkers weren’t working last year that’s what I did, I swapped the blinker flasher from the 07 KJ and put it on the 04 and I got my emergency and blinker lights back.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not shilling for them, but Rockauto mentions our beloved boomerang in this months newsletter:

https://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/
Good little article. I am glad the KK used a different design and I won't have to deal with changing this part. If I did, I would go with the Iron Rock Offroad version.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good little article. I am glad the KK used a different design and I won't have to deal with changing this part. If I did, I would go with the Iron Rock Offroad version.
I was looking at the iron rock control arm and it looks pretty good. Anyone here actually use it?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the iron rock control arm and it looks pretty good. Anyone here actually use it?
I have it on mine. I opted for the heim joints instead of bushings and it is very solid and allows for more down travel (flex). I'm very happy with mine.
You must be registered for see images attach
stock arm inhibited down travel

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tHAT
I have it on mine. I opted for the heim joints instead of bushings and it is very solid and allows for more down travel (flex). I'm very happy with mine.
stock arm inhibited down travel
That is sexy. How the noise insulation with flex joints?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not very noisy at all. When there is a noise, yes you hear it. Which is actually a good thing because there are no doubts if something is amiss. It's hard to put into words I think, but it just feels so solid!

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, wish stuff was more easily available here. My boomerang has just started clunking, luckily I have the old one off my other jeep, the bushes are so tight they won't press out without destroying the arm so its a hacksaw and hammer job for tomorrow if it stops raining. MOT (annual inspection) due next month.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it'd be easier to fit as well.

Good luck with the MoT, mine failed on the bushes & I had no idea (the slightly unsettled rear end at M-way speeds I'd put down to shox) - Oh, & a rusty brake flexi ferrule.
Cheers. Looks like an easy MOT for you too, no welding!

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, did some more testing. When I activate the hazard lights, everything turns on, but blinkers still don’t work. So I am guessing it’s the blinker relay in the hazard switch or the stalk. What do you all think?

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
So, did some more testing. When I activate the hazard lights, everything turns on, but blinkers still don’t work. So I am guessing it’s the blinker relay in the hazard switch or the stalk. What do you all think?
Wouldn’t hurt to give it a try if everything else failed. It’s relatively not hard to change I think you get access through the radio and you remove that by undoing 4 bolts I believe they are 7 or 8mm. Then loosen the switch and pry it back with hazard light switch still attached. Unplug and Replace.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Had to cut my trip short. Had some camping equipment failures and the weather took a turn for the dangerous. Pouring rain with 40mph winds...temperature dropped 30F in two hours...and The Rubi started sinking into the mud...

Also had some issues with load-out- not used to having this much space.
Spare tire delete/relocate on the swing gate is gonna have to happen in the future.

The WarPug had a blast however. Found this excellent insulated waterproof coat with integral harness...he was warm and dry and was a riot to watch him playing "wolf".

I'll repost this most excellent pic of him truly enjoying himself, plus a few others. Can't tell from these shots that he wagged his tail for so long the curl was gone!

Attachments

• IMG_8963.jpeg
    IMG_8963.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8962.jpeg
    IMG_8962.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8961.jpeg
    IMG_8961.jpeg